10 days post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am just over 10 days post op with left TKR. I had my right done about 2 1/2 years ago. So far this knee has been totally different from what I remember - not better or worse, just different.

Yesterday I went out for the first time and was walking on my crutches when it felt like the knee 'crunched', gave way and excruciating pain. When I got home, I elevated and iced immediately. I have a new lump on the outside of the knee and possibly some new bruising.  Today the knee is very stiff and hurts to weight bear. I was wondering if there is anyway to tell whether I have done serious damage? 

Any advice or suggestions welcome!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I know this is an anooying answer: but “time will tell”.

If it gets better - no you havn’t done any serious damage.

If it doesnt then you’ll need to ring your orthopod.

I doubt you will have done any serious damage - because they’re pretty solid. You may have just caught the joint capsule.

• Posted

"it felt like the knee 'crunched', gave way and excruciating pain"...  I'd call the doc immediately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.