10 days post op for Laparoscopic

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, so I had a 10 cm cyst on my left ovary and I just had a surgery to remove the cyst and the left tube on the Aug 20. Prior to that my CA 125 test came back 62 which gave me so much anxiety as my mother was passed away with breast cancer. My doctor knew from that time that it was nothing like I was thinking and to keep calm. So here I am 10 days post the operation and my biopsy results came out yesterday, all clear. Best day ever in my life! I would like to share a few of my experiences before the surgery and after the surgery etc. Late in 2017 Nov I started to have tiny sharp pains in my left flank and I had an ultrasound scan for kidney stones and instead I found that I got a 7cm cyst lying on my left ovary. We were about to fly for our wedding anniversary at that time,so I did not take care of it and hoping it would resolve on its own. Last July, I started to have pain again and this time it was so strong that I couldn't do anything but crying and lying on the bed all day. I had to run to the hospital and I took the MRI and the doctor told me to get rid of the cyst as soon as possible. The size has increased to 10cm by that time. So my laparoscopic surgery was scheduled on Aug 20. Between the surgery, the waiting time I was on the pain killers all the time and there were days pain killers won't work anymore. 

On the surgery day, I was told that any operation has its risk and since my cyst is so close to the bladder and ureters, I need to expect anything. I have read some nightmares about ureter injuries etc but all I could do was pray. My gyn doctor was very very close to me. She was holding my hands before I go to sleep in the op room. Surgery took around 3hr and it went all well. I woke up feeling so weak and I did not feel that much in pain. On the same night, I started to feel that gas which everyone told me I would, in my chest mostly but it was bearable. I had some appetite but hospital food taste like water. I came out of the op room around 4 30 pm so I didn't walk for that day at all. I was told to move or walk to let the gas out quicker. On the second day (still in the hospital) I started to walk almost the whole morning and afternoon. Around 3pm gas started to build up in my stomach and by 7pm, I couldn't stand the discomfort anymore, I couldn't even sit. I feel like the gas is coming up to my chest and my tummy was bloating like a big balloon. Around 9pm they had to use the anema, and had my first stool with a big blast of gas. After that I felt super weak but the gas is gone, I mean all those gas that are trapped in my chest and shoulders must have gone too. On the third day I was discharged, no more gas pain at all. I took peppermint tea while was in the hospital and that has helped a lot too. 

I was still on pain killers but I try to reduce the dose just to see if I can tolerate the pain. Recovery was smoother than I have expected. But back in my mind I was still worried for the biopsy results. Yesterday was my one week check up and the doc delivered me the good news. All results came back clear. God is good. 

So my case was a severe endometriosis and they had to remove my left fallopian tube as it was so damaged. They couldn't remove all the endo but she says my pelvic is almost clear now. I am advised to take the Zoladex for 6 months and after that will be on bc pills. The doc wants to clear whatever remaining of those endometriosis left with the Zoladex. 

I had my first shot of Zoldex and I would say the size of the needle was holy cow!!! Took me a few min to take it but I had to and it was not that bad at all. So from now on I will be updating about my journey with the menopause at the age of 35. 

If you have endo, please please don't suffer and just get rid of it. Get a good gyn and take an action. Please feel free to ask me and I will try my best to answer. 

Good luck ladies.

xoxo

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.