10 days post op (posterior repair of rectocele)

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi i just joined and posted my first question a few hours ago, still learning. Forgot to add (i had a hysterectomy 10yrs ag0), that day ten post-op today I still feel as if vagina 'full', bulging and feel terrified the posterior repair has collapsed in....I've done everything I've read, spend most days lying or sitting with legs up....toileting feels like the stuff of nightmares as I can't bear the new and unusual sensations.

Is it normal to feel like this - i had a look and just inside vag could see what must be walls etc. But right there, right at the entrance. I guess its early days and all swollen still. 🤔

2 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ruth. I cant seem to PM you from my phone so I will try when I get to my pc. I think your experiences are all pretty normal. I had the bulging vag feeling plus a 'full rectum' sensation for several weeks. (Made me walk funny) but it did gradually ease. All my sensations were all different as you said and you are bound to be hypersensitive about what's going on down there. We become aware of how things feel that we wouldn't have given a second thought to before. I am aware of every cough or sneeze and feel it in my vag!!! But it is frustrating and worrying waiting for things to go back to 'normal'. I also had the slight bleeding for about 3 weeks post op but I was told I probably would. Rest up but don't forget to move too. Will try to message you later. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.