Skip to content
Ad

Genitourinary Prolapse

Also known as Prolapse - Genitourinary

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below are various resources for Genitourinary Prolapse. If you have any further suggestions send me a Private Message with details rather than replying here. There is a guide to using the forums here: http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/59133-discussion-forums Patient leaflet https://patient.info/health/genitourinary-prolapse-leaflet...

Last reply
  • 16 weeks post op, back at work and swelling?

Hi, I am about 16 weeks post op (posterior, anterior and vault suspension) and had an unremarkable recovery apart from a small setback when I became allergic to sanitary pads in the early days, and another when my pelvic floor muscles spasmed. Have been seeing a pelvic floor Physio who has helped overcome...

Last reply
  • Anxious for surgery for cystocele and rectocele

Hi all, I'm new here but have to confess that I have stalked this page for months! There seems to be lots of support on here and I am so glad I have stumbled upon this site.  I am due to have anterior and posterior repair next Wednesday and am feeling quite anxious about it, but really hoping...

Last reply
  • Does and don'ts anterior cystocele repair

Hi I am 24 days post surgery for anterior cystocele repair. I'm 69. Didn't get much advice except to do absolutely nothing after surgery for 6 weeks except pelvic floors. When can I start doing things like dusting or similar, I am not going to be silly and undo work done. Hope to hear from...

Last reply
  • Update 12 weeks post surgery

Hello all.  Just posting to let you know how I am at 12 weeks. I  saw a gynaecologist today ( not the one who operated on me as it was a new referral) ... this was because after surgery at about 5 weeks I noticed a small bulge outside. It's appernetly a urethaceole but nothing really...

Last reply
  • Anybody had a good outcome for RECTOCELE repair in the UK

Please please can anybody give any advise on good surgeons consultants in UK for RECTOCELE repair and animus? Can't go on like this been suffering 16 years! After 6 years of trying to get the medical profession to listen!! I'm desperate to get sorted and they don't want to know! Anyone??...

Last reply
  • hysterectomy and anterior and posterior repair

I am 3 weeks and 4 days post op and was wondering how long does the bottom continue to be sore. I have been having alot of lower back pain also and didn't know if this is normal. The days I am up on my feet alot and being more active it hurts alot more. I can't just sit down all the time. I do...

Last reply
  • Fed up with my bladder

Eight weeks on from having a rectocele and enterocele op my bladder has been playing up . At first I thought that I had a bladder infection but tests came back negative. The surgeon had noted before the op that my cystocele was noticeable but did not rpair at same time as other as would have been too...

Last reply
  • Hints for pain relief for bladder prolapse

hi, apparently I only have a minor bladder and bowel prolapse and very minor uterine prolapse but if I do the least bit of lifting I am very uncomfy for days.  The main problem is a feeling of tugging or pulling above my pubic bone and the constant need to urinate.  Anyone any good tips for...

Last reply
  • 5 days post prolapse surgery - reassurance needed please

Hi. I'm new to this site & not too sure how it works! I had anterior & posterior prolapse repair  plus vault repair 5 days ago & am feeling very low & anxious. Yesterday I was so concerned about no bowel movement since the op that although I was taking Lactulose twice daily,...

Last reply
  • How vagina feels after 3 weeks posterior repair

Hi. I'm 3 weeks after posterior repair and I feel like I have 'stuff' in my vagina. Like when a tampax becomes dislodged, or as of there are a couple of tampons in there. Is it normal? Is it the stitches maybe? Can people feel there stitches... meaning close their eyes and feel them? I can...

Last reply
  • Anterior cystocele repair

Hi, I am 8 days post surgery for anterior cystocele repair. I had hysterectomy and removal of ovaries aged 36, I am now 69. I can still feel a bulge there but smaller. Spoke to surgeon and she said stop Ovestin cream which she said I would be on for life and start doing 60 pelvic floor exercises a day....

Last reply
  • taken over two years to diganose my rectocele!!!!

I am writing this in a bid to help others who may have been suffering as I have! My story is long so I will keep it brief! I am a 41 year old woman who has endured a complex medical history over the last 20 years but in particular have suffered extensively with bladder symptoms - bladder pressure...

Last reply
  • Anterior cystocele repair post op

Hi, I am now 19 days post op for anterior cystocele repair. I am 69 and had hysterectomy and removal of ovaries aged 36. Was on hrt until 62. My urogynae nurse has me on pelvic floor exercises. Yesterday I became more aware of my stitches inside and wee started to burn a bit. Have taken a couple of...

Last reply
  • 17 weeks post op. Small cycstocele and larger rectocele

Hello ladies. Hope you're all ok. As the title says, I'm 17 weeks post op. It's been a long journey, and I went back to work after 9 weeks on a 2 week phased return. I still have some days of discomfort, (most if I'm being honest) were it all feels a bit swollen. I can't say it's...

Last reply
  • Sacrospinous colpopexy

I am 69 and 3 weeks ago I had Cystoscele repair +bilateral sacrospinous colpopexy. This was the most painful experience I have ever had. The pain after the op was worse than having my babies. I have had 2 other bladder repairs previously and did not have this problem. I have only just been able to use...

Last reply
  • prolapse repaired with mesh

I had a vaginal hysterectomy in 2013 in 2014 had prolapse and was repaired with mesh sling, 2015 felt lump was returning!!! but couldnt face another op.  Now waiting to see if  the mesh has to be removed!!!! omg the thought of it is bad enough, apparently has to be done UCH - Has anyone had...

Last reply
  • 18 months post op for A&P pelvic floor repairs

Hi all, Hope everyone who has had repairs are doing well and progressing with your recovery. Those of you awaiting surgery I hope you get your dates soon. I am now 18 months post-op for anterior and posterior pelvic floor repairs, been back at work since 3 months post-op. ...

Last reply
  • Abdominal pain after keyhole surgery

Hi. I had uterus lift via laparoscopic surgery so I have four small entrance sites on my belly. I'm 4 weeks post op put the pain on the right side of my belly (where the camera went in I think) is not easing off. It hurts when I sneeze, when I sit up etc etc. Like a torn muscle. How long does this...

Posted
  • Cystocele repair

whos had a successful cystocele repair ? How long has it lasted ? Did it completely relieve you of the bulge and symptoms ?  I just been on a camping trip with my family and yet agai another holiday ruined because of my cystocele symptoms . I want a repair done but I fear failure x

Last reply
  • estrogen cream

10 week post op for bladder prolapse, saw dr yestetday all good finally said I csn run a marathon hahaha, did put me on estrogen cream, has anyone ever used this and if so any problems at all? I haven't used it yet

Last reply
  • Orgasm After Prolapse Surgery

I've had surgery for a posterior and anterior repair with perineoplasty on the 6th Feb (almost 3 weeks ago) and was told not to have sex until 6 weeks. I never really considered that no sex would mean no orgasms at all so I never asked about it, I was just thinking I wouldn't want intercourse...

Last reply
  • Anterior and posterior repair

Hi everybody. I'm 31 and have two children under 5. 8 days ago I had a anterior and prosterior repair. As you can imagine with two small daughters I am struggling to rest and relax. My partner goes back to work tomorrow and just my luck...its the school holidays for 6 weeks now. I am still bleeding...

Last reply
  • Urethral sponge after posterior repair and uterus lift

. I also am worried that my urethral sponge is visible. When I look in the mirror I can see it below my urethra. It looks like a cherry size brain. Has anyone experienced this??? Is it another prolapse ? I was meant to have a cystocele also, but on completing the uterus lift the surgeon felt it wasn't...

Last reply
  • Just been diagnosed with a prolapse, advice needed?

Hi, last week I found a lump inside me, as most women will understand I was worried it was the Big C! Saw my gp who told me with relief that I have a prolapse, she said its anterior and posterior and had graded it as quite severe? She has referred me to hospital and luckily I have been offered an appointment...

Last reply
  • Repeat Rectocele Surgery?

Hi All....back again 11 months after anterior/posterior general re-modelling of my genital regions. And....its back!....The rectocele situation has returned and I feel like I'm sitting on a time bomb..again. I've been on laxatives...4-6 a day ...ever since surgery to try and help keep things...

Last reply
  • Has anyone had to have bladder sling loosen after surgery?

I just canceled my surgery date. My bladder after 5 months is still not emptying all the way. I called the office today, to go over in detail the restrictions. At my office visit earlier, she acted like it was no big deal, easy just a few stitches. When I called back today, was told it would be 6 weeks,...

Last reply
  • Rectocele and can't walk much

I have two children, youngest 6. I did started feeling some pulling in the gym in the vagina and a week later after an insensive class I had high rectal pain and sore like felt like I had given birth. Gyaecologist said mild rectocele and do pelvic floor excercise. I was managing okay the first month...

Last reply
  • Perineorraphy repair recovery

Hello, some of you may know that I had a posterior repair last April that did not fail as such but reoccurred lower down. After re-reeferral by the GP and visits, tests, joint colo-rectal'urogynae clinics. pelvic physio. Saw the urogynae surgeon in May who said "You've had enough, come in...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.