Skip to content
Ad

Genitourinary Prolapse

Also known as Prolapse - Genitourinary

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below are various resources for Genitourinary Prolapse. If you have any further suggestions send me a Private Message with details rather than replying here. There is a guide to using the forums here: http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/59133-discussion-forums Patient leaflet https://patient.info/health/genitourinary-prolapse-leaflet...

Last reply
  • Lady bits!

I had a hysterectomy in 2005 ages 44 and became menopausal immediately. To be honest I didn’t really suffer any adverse effects for a long timebapart from hot flushes (no night sweats) which didn’t cause me any issues. Then in 2013 I started having what I thought were frequently bouts of cystitis and...

Last reply
  • Posterior repair for a rectocele

I am going into hospital next week for a posterior repair to hopefully sort out the rectocele I have had for the last year. I would be grateful for any information and comments from anyone who has undergone this procedure. I am very nervous and embarrassed about the whole thing. I will definately...

Last reply
  • Pelvic floor exercises after anterior cystocele repair

Hi all, I am almost 12 weeks post op from anterior cystocele repair. I am 69 had a hysterectomy, removal of ovaries and bladder repair aged 36. My question is does anyone else feel discomfort from doing pelvic floors? I have been told to do 30 short and 30 holding for 10 secs a day, 10 of each 3 times...

Last reply
  • Feel less informed this time

had laproscpic hystoplexy and anterior/posterior repair last year but honestly don’t think the rectocele was touched as saw no difference. Had vaginal anterior and posterior repair 5 days ago and feel so much better. However this time I feel less informed due to the difference in the way the surgery...

Last reply
  • Cystitis/Thrush?

well, here I am again, 5 months after last post. Finished  6 month course of weekly antibiotics after so many ecoli bladder infections, then got what doctor thought was thrush, was given pessary and cream. Pessary OK but cream burned. All seemed well, then it started again, tried another pessary...

Last reply
  • Orgasam's after surgery

I had my op cyctocle and rectocele repair in January this year, I was warned that sex would be painfull to start and to wait at least 6 weeks, so we did, 10 months on and i still have not had an orgasam, as well as no sensation down there I have the same problems as beofre so I was referred back to gynaecology...

Last reply
  • Rectocele recovery

Hi, I had a rectocele repair  only 16 days ago and wondered if people could share how I should feel by now. I have four kids and am on my feet a lot probably more than I should be. I am taking movicol and that works as well as pretending to blow bubbles to get my bowl moving - all works. I am worried...

Last reply
  • Orgasm After Prolapse Surgery

I've had surgery for a posterior and anterior repair with perineoplasty on the 6th Feb (almost 3 weeks ago) and was told not to have sex until 6 weeks. I never really considered that no sex would mean no orgasms at all so I never asked about it, I was just thinking I wouldn't want intercourse...

Last reply
  • When to start pelvic floor exercises after surgery?

I am booked in for a posterior vaginal wall prolapse on 26 August and wondering when do I start the pelvic floor exercises.  Also do you mostly sleep after the surgery?  It seems after reading the posts that a lot of rest is in order but I think this will drive me nutty,  We are self employed...

Last reply
  • Good news!

Just thought I would update you all after my visit to the consultant.  I am nearly 10 weeks post op after sacrospinous  fixation for vault prolapse.   For several weeks I have been stressing that  the surgery had not worked as things didn't  feel right.  Well after all...

Last reply
  • Upcoming cystocele and rectocele surgery

Good evening. I am due to have surgery at the end of the month. From what I have read the first month is probably the most difficult. For those of you who have had surgery is there anything you would recommend that I can prepare for/purchase to male life more comfortable/practical in the first weeks....

Last reply
  • What nightwear/clothing

Hi due to how bladder repair and was thinking what sort of nightwear would be best, suppose front opening so don't have to pull over head and also,best day wear for first few weeks.  Thank you for any help or books I could read is really appreciated thank you Kim   

Last reply
  • What now? 6 months post op and think it's back

So here I am, LAVH and BSO January 2016, eventually diagnosed with rectocele and cystocele, which I didn't have before this op. Repair April 2017, now am sure it's back. I'm tired of it all now. Aged 51, married my amazing husband in August when all was well. Managed full intercourse with...

Last reply
  • Prolapse surgery

Hi I have just had a anterior and a rectocele repair 2 days ago and I am in such agony . I can barely  sit down and I was just wondering how long I should expect to feel this way. I was released on the same day with no aftercare information so I would be grateful for any advice from someone who...

Last reply
  • 9 weeks post op and very disappointed

Hi there, I am 9 weeks post op having had a laroscopic hysterectomy and anterior and posterior repair. Everything was going really well but have been back at work for 1 week (office job, so mainly sitting) and have a definite recognisable feeling of pressure down below. I am so fed up and so worried...

Last reply
  • 5 weeks post op discharge advice please.

Hi ladies. Another question please 5 weeks after my anterior & posterior prolapse repairs plus perineum reconstruction.  I'm still wearing pant liners as I still have a slight discharge, it's not blood & doesn't smell. Does this sound normal? I know I overdid things 2 days ago...

Last reply
  • Rectocele discomfort symptoms

Hi. Can anyone with Rectocele share what symptoms they have in terms of discomfort. I'm not having trouble going to the toilet but perhaps because I'm eating a lot of fibre and water. I'm Just about managing a part time office job and minimal walking and housework. I have heavy dragging feeling...

Last reply
  • taken over two years to diganose my rectocele!!!!

I am writing this in a bid to help others who may have been suffering as I have! My story is long so I will keep it brief! I am a 41 year old woman who has endured a complex medical history over the last 20 years but in particular have suffered extensively with bladder symptoms - bladder pressure...

Last reply
  • How do people cope?

Hi I've been told my GP that I have a grade 1 or 2 prolapse and I'm going to ask to see a urogynaecologist. I had a hysterectomy in 2005 - no one mentioned anything about a prolapse in the future  to me at that time I remember asking what about the cavity left and being told nothing would...

Last reply
  • Horse riding after repair?

I was hoping maybe there might be a fellow horse rider who can put my mind at rest.  Realistically will I get back to the normality I once had?  I have put my horse on full livery so not having to do any lifting etc to keep him but wonder if I'm being to hopeful in thinking I can get back...

Last reply
  • Rectocele and cystocele - advice please

Hello ladies  I hope you are all getting better day by day? I am due to have surgery on 3rd November under epidural. I have been told I should be in one night , two if necessary .  My surgeon told me the surgery is straightforward but initially I have to rest and be very careful (very vague)...

Last reply
  • How long after referal

I have been referred to the hospital to have a pessary fitted. It’s over two weeks now since I saw the GP.  What is the usual waiting time to be seen, does any one know please?

Last reply
  • Hi

Hi so pleased to fund this group as having surgery sometime in January for a bladder prolapse and have fibromyalgia so very worried about the pain side of things

Last reply
  • (Light hearted moment) I think I have a problem!!

ok so I have a confession to make...(and hopefully give you a smile)....I'm now 6 months post op yet I'm still wearing big pants!! They are so comfortable and I don't know whether I can stop haha. is there some kind of big pant support group?

Last reply
  • Rectocele symptoms

Hi everyone. My GP thinks my 'pretty bad' rectocele (bulge into vagina) could be responsible for my digestive problems! For a couple of years my bm's have been very loose/windy. The more fibre I eat the worse it is! Not good for a vegetarian lol. I've had gastro investigations which...

Last reply
  • 8 days post op

Hi I'm new here I had a posterior/anterior and vaginal vault prolapse repair and sacro spinous fixation 8 days ago and oh my goodness I wasn't expecting it to be this sore :-( one of the nurses at the hospital tutted when I said how sore I was and said it couldn't possibly be that painful...

Last reply
  • Does it sound as though I have had a prolapse?

I started to have problems with an overactive bladder about a year or two ago. I was prescribed Solfenacin and it really helped. Life changing in fact. More recently, it doesn't seem to be working as well. I am urinating up to 20 times in a 24 hour period. What is most annoying is that sometimes...

Last reply
  • 3wks post for triple prolapse. Does heating pad make bottom worse?

I’m 3 wks post-op and my dr instructions say to sit on a heating pad for 20 min several times a day to relax the muscles and help void. First if all, it’s extremely painful to sit for 20 min. Has anyone been told to use a heating pad and does it help with pain, muscle spasms, constipation? I am off work...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.