Skip to content

Genitourinary Prolapse

Also known as Prolapse - Genitourinary

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below are various resources for Genitourinary Prolapse. If you have any further suggestions send me a Private Message with details rather than replying here. Patient leaflet https://patient.info/health/genitourinary-prolapse-leaflet Pelvic floor exercise leaflet https://patient.info/health/pelvic-floor-exercises...

Last reply
  • Rectocele recovery

Hi, I had a rectocele repair  only 16 days ago and wondered if people could share how I should feel by now. I have four kids and am on my feet a lot probably more than I should be. I am taking movicol and that works as well as pretending to blow bubbles to get my bowl moving - all works. I am worried...

Last reply
  • Can a pessary help a rectocele

I had a pessary fitted two weeks ago and my pressure sysptoms on my rectum ( grade 2 ) seem a little easier this last few days. It’s still very uncomfortable sitting but not as severe as previously. I realise things move around inside us but dare I hope that things could improve!,  

Last reply
  • Rectocele symptoms

I'm interested in hearing what sort of symptoms others have regarding a rectocele. I am experiencing really bad pressure in my rectum and it is so uncomfortable to sit.  I have also a cystocele and was recently fitted with a pessary but it hasn’t helped the discomfort for the rectocele. 

Last reply
  • taken over two years to diganose my rectocele!!!!

I am writing this in a bid to help others who may have been suffering as I have! My story is long so I will keep it brief! I am a 41 year old woman who has endured a complex medical history over the last 20 years but in particular have suffered extensively with bladder symptoms - bladder pressure...

Last reply
  • Rectocele Symptoms, confused!

Hi everyone,  Very new to this but reading forums like this has been a game changer for me, as I have had horrible experiences with doctors, that just do not listen at all.  They look at you, and give you a personal opinion, rather than a medical one.  I have recently discovered that...

Last reply
  • Getting back to normal

I’m 36 years old with 2 children (2 yo and 3 months old).  I had surgery a little over 1 week ago (Feb 7) to repair a cystocele (stage 3), rectocele (stage 1), enterocele ligation, and perineoplasy.  I did not have any mesh used.  I have been recovering well but still taking ibuprofen...

Last reply
  • rectocele and cystocele surgery

i had my surgery last week. overnight in hospital then home. i have not had any pain whatsoever and am due to go back to work on Wednesday from reading past posts i have been extremely lucky with my outcome. i have had some spotting but not excessive. thank you ladies for this forum you have answered...

Last reply
  • Operation tomorrow

I have my operation tomorrow laparoscopic hysterectomy as womb and cervix have dropped putting pressure on rectum I’m hoping this op will help as I didn’t want any mesh..I have rectal pressure and aches and pains in bum cheeks it also interferes with bowel motions . I had a standing mri to confirm the...

Last reply
  • TVT repair - how long does it last?

Hi everyone I'm wondering if there are ladies out there who have had a TVT (trans vaginal tape) repair for stress incontinence and who can tell me how long you remained dry for. I had the tape inserted (along with other things) on 17 November 2016 and have not looked back, it's fantastic. I...

Last reply
  • POP at 23, no pregnancies - HELP!

Hi, apologies in advance for the long post, but hopefully you’ll understand once I get to the end ☹️!  At 21, I was diagnosed with a slight uterine prolapse after noticing ‘the bulge’ and tampons slowly making their way out. Went to see a consultant, who deemed me an ‘interesting case’ (never good)...

Last reply
  • Core workouts for post op

Hi everyone. Im 12 weeks post op now (wow, time is flying by) for a rectocele repair and slight rebuilding of the perineum. Things are going well.. i have no issues using the bathroom and no pain during the day. Im wondering what are some good core exercise programs for women with prolapse or post...

Last reply
  • Anterior Repair and Air Travel

I am due for anterior repair surgery with possible uterus removal in the next few weeks. I have a 3.5 hour flight booked 7 weeks post surgery. My Consultant is happy for me to travel as long as I wear support stockings for potential DVT. I had a posterior repair just over a year ago and was back at work...

Last reply
  • Two and a half years of hell

Hi.  For two and a half years I’ve been in pain.  - going for a wee and not being able to start the wee, still needing to empty the bladder and not being able to, slow flow, immediate cut off flow. - painful sex, needing to wee in certain positions, the day after feeling like there is a swelling...

Last reply
  • Pulling after prolapse opp

Hi everyone, just need a bit of clarification , I had my Anterior repair done 14 days ago and I am experiencing a pulling felling with pain if I walk to quickly or with a normal gate, has anyone else had this or should I consult my surgeon. Thanks

Last reply
  • Help making a decision

Hello, I have been diagnosed with a rectocele.   I am going to have surgery to fix it. The doctor said my bladder may need tied up too, but she didn’t think so.  She will determine that when she gets in there. She said my uterus was intack. I told her I wanted my uterus out at the same time....

Last reply
  • Sacrohysteropexy

I am nearly 5 weeks post op form a uterus prolapse and had a sacrohysteropexy procedure. The surgeon reassured me that the mesh used and how it was performed abdominally with laproscopic keyhole surgery there was no risk of erosion etc into the vagina. Has anyone out there had this procedure? It would...

Last reply
  • Uterus

Can anyone tell me if the uterus helps to hold anything up?  I have a rectocele and possibly cystocele. I am thinking about having my uterus removed as well. Im not sure if I should or not. It is intact and I have already went through menopause. I would appreciate input on this. 😊

Last reply
  • Vaginal repair operation at 45

Hi. I have a grade 1 posterior vaginal wall prolapse. I was referred by my GP to the hospital. I went through a Defecating Proctogram which was undignified, then months of physiotherapy. My physiotherapist advised me not to have the op unless I need it, that was her opinion until she saw it! She thought...

Last reply
  • I'm scared

hi I'm from perth australia and got told by my gp that i had a double prolapse. i was then sent along to a gyney who confirmed the prolapses put me on vagifem and betmigà with physio to be operated on 6th feb . i work in an insurance brokers office and am sitting down most of the day thing...

Last reply
  • Feeling that 'pressure' feeling 😳

Hi guys,  Ok, so I'm now 7.5 weeks post rectocele and perineum repair. Still getting that horrible ejected tampon feeling.... seems to be getting worse! 🙁 Doing PF exercises and taking ibuprofen still.... is it still normal for this many weeks? Xx

Last reply
  • Pelvic floor trainers

Hi interested to know if anyone has used any pelvic floor trainers? ie kegel8. I think I read a post that someone had used a kegel8 and taken HRT and virtually reversed the prolapse!!! maybe the way to go. But they are not cheap!

Last reply
  • recovery time for perineorrhaphy?

Hello ladies, it's been some time since I was last on here. Life seems to have got in the way. ​So having been through a rectocele repair last April - recovery good but new bulge in the perineum 3 weeks after surgery. Round and round to orologist, protogram, diagnosed paradoxical sucutaneous muscle...

Last reply
  • anterior repair

2 weeks post op ..never been so tired and having a pulling sensation and cramping .. zero energy .. really thought I would feel a little stronger by now !!!

Last reply
  • Two weeks post op for Anterior & Posterior repair with Hysterpoxy

Hi All, Hoping you can help. had surgery two weeks ago feeling ok still swollen but pain minimal however since Tues i have had a migraine every day! Is this normal? I also had a mirena coil fitted so wondering if this could be the issue but it's making me anxious and unsure of whether i need to...

Last reply
  • 2 days post laporoscopy and cystoscopy

On Wednesday I had a laporoscopy and cystoscopy for investigations into stress incontinence and bladder muscle failure. The cystoscopy showed that internally my bladder is badly inflamed and I have bladder prolapse and stress incontinence, I've had bladder biopsies to see what's going on. The...

Last reply
  • Any positive prolapse surgery stories out there?

Hello, Just wondering if anyone happens to read this who has a positive story about long term recovery from prolapse surgery? There are a lot of scary stories about surgery but I would love to hear from any one who is happy with their surgery and if possible what type of prolapses/procedures they had....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.