Skip to content

Genitourinary Prolapse

Also known as Prolapse - Genitourinary

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below are various resources for Genitourinary Prolapse. If you have any further suggestions send me a Private Message with details rather than replying here. Patient leaflet https://patient.info/health/genitourinary-prolapse-leaflet Pelvic floor exercise leaflet https://patient.info/health/pelvic-floor-exercises...

Last reply
  • hysterectomy and anterior and posterior repair

I am 3 weeks and 4 days post op and was wondering how long does the bottom continue to be sore. I have been having alot of lower back pain also and didn't know if this is normal. The days I am up on my feet alot and being more active it hurts alot more. I can't just sit down all the time. I do...

Last reply
  • Week 4 after Posterior repair for stg 1 rectocele

...and I am feeling ok overall, still spend most of the day resting, needing to use softeners ++ but no more pain releif, bleeding well stopped by now. I did do a tiny bit of hand-held vacuuming for 10 mins this morning - basically just a hand-held duster weighs about as much as my jug which I am lifting...

Last reply
  • Removal of mesh?

19 months on from triple prolapse laparoscopic surgery, many many uti's, doctor now suggesting removal of mesh ( called bandelettes here in France) is there anyone who has had this procedure?

Last reply
  • Post prolapse surgery travel expectations

Hi All, I'm needing to travel 5 hours for my prolapse surgery, and so needing to travel 5 hours home after I leave hospital. Has anyone had to travel within the first week? What was the pain like? Getting very nervous for surgery next week! Thanks!

Last reply
  • Recent surgery

Can someone advise me please. I had surgery to repair a large anterior and posterior vaginal prolapse on 9th April.  When can I start walking and building up my strength again? 

Last reply
  • Failed rectocele repair!!

Hi. I'm looking for some advice I had a rectocele repair 2 years ago and I think it's come back I've been struggling to go to the toilet and now I know why. Any information on what to do next would be great.

Last reply
  • 4 weeks post op today

Hi I am 4 week post op from anterior/posterior repair and perineum repair. First 2 weeks were rough. Pain in back passage. Got an infection in the perineum stitches and they were agony!  High temperature and felt so unwell but antibiotics kicked in. Started to feel better, got out the house, gentle...

Last reply
  • Yet another UTI,

19 months on from triple prolapse repair, followed by repeated UTIs last year, then none from October till this March. This one started after sex. Had antibiotics,but now, if I am on my feet for too long, feel terrible dragging feeling and worry another infection is starting. now afraid to have sex,...

Last reply
  • CONFUSED AFTER OP.....??

Ok please bare with me whilst I try to ask my questions make sense!!  10 days ago I had an operation. My symptoms were ‘open’ feeling and a mild cystocele ie I could sometimes feel a bulge from my bladder. During the examination my surgeon told me the episiotomy I had done had failed leaving it...

Last reply
  • Rectocele and Rectal prolapse

Is anyone experiencing rectal prolapse with a rectocele as I believe thats what my symptoms are as now know that what I feel is not hemroids. So far I had a cystocele and rectocele both grade confirmed but not the rectal prolapse . Everything  I feel points to a rectal prolapse.

Last reply
  • TVT, Posterior Colporrhaphy, Perineum rebuilt, now Hematoma

I've benefited so much from lurking on these boards before and since my surgery, so I wanted to share my story. Plus I'm so tired of laying around already! I'm 5 days post-op today. I'm 42, generally healthy, with 3 kids. After my 3rd, I started having stress incontinence that was pretty...

Last reply
  • Rectocele

I had a grade 3 rectocele and I had the surgery on 2/27/2018. I’m glad In had and I healed good so have the surgery 

Last reply
  • Lou

Hi all someone please help after 3 months of being told i had no.prolasp and it was in my head I decided to pay for a private consultation they said I have a grade 2 rectocele the presure i.have had in my vagina and bum is like having a baby I can't cope with it I have to push my fingers in my...

Last reply
  • Day 13 after posterior repair for rectocele...

....and I feel as if there is something fallen or lying flat or like a platform at the back base of my vagina; horrible Thought I saw a blue-coloured stitch. Struggling to get BMs to the right consistency. Does the bulgy vaginal feeling ever go away?? I just don't know what I 'should' be...

Last reply
  • Rectocele recovery

Hi, I had a rectocele repair  only 16 days ago and wondered if people could share how I should feel by now. I have four kids and am on my feet a lot probably more than I should be. I am taking movicol and that works as well as pretending to blow bubbles to get my bowl moving - all works. I am worried...

Last reply
  • How’s Sex Once You’re Healed from Rectocele?

I’ve been told by my surgeon that sex will be normal again once I am healed. I hope he’s right. I know with the prolapse I had loss of sensation and it was causing some serious depression. What was your first time like after surgery? Is it more snug? More sensation?  

Last reply
  • PERINEAL RECONSTRUCTION & RECTOCELE

Hi I had surgery 1 week ago for a perineal repair and rectocele. I did not have a posterior prolapse but my perenium healed open after the birth of my second child and it was all pretty grim. After the operation my surgeon told me I had literally no tissue left on the right hand side so he has stitched...

Last reply
  • Rectocele reapir number two and feel terrible.

And of course wouldn't you know it right after I submitted my question on Kathryn's post then I get the opt to start a discussion. Lol I am on rec repair number two. I do not recall this much pain the first time amd I am also feeling a very very strong tugging and pulling sensation with is scaring...

Last reply
  • Feeling so miserable... Almost 4 weeks out

I just can't help it but all I do every day is worry and cry. I had a Sff for uterine prolapse the 19th of March, which also lifted my bladder. Up until now each day I have had an urge feeling off and on for a couple of hours and parts of the day on which I need the urinate more often. I also off...

Last reply
  • Rectocele repair

Hi I'm 35 years old and have rectocele and enterocele. I'm from Croatia and here they preform the rectocele repair op with synthetic Mesh. I read on the internet about many complications following this kind of surgery. Please let me know what kind of surgery they do in your county and what are...

Last reply
  • Ridge feeling 6 weeks after Posterior and Anterior repair

I had stage 4 posterior and anterior prolapse repair six weeks ago today which is Thursday. I had my post op check up 4 weeks after my surgery. Dr said everything was great! I did not need to return for a whole year. Everything was healing just as it was supposed to heal. I have been resting and refraining...

Last reply
  • Rectocele transvaginal repair using MESH

Hi I'm diagnosed with rectocele and enterocele. I am 35years old and have had 2 vaginal childbirths. My surgeon wants to repair it using Mesh with transvaginal approach. I've read all the negative ,and it seems like, only the negative things reguarding the use of Mesh. So if anyone has any good...

Last reply
  • Anybody had a good outcome for RECTOCELE repair in the UK

Please please can anybody give any advise on good surgeons consultants in UK for RECTOCELE repair and animus? Can't go on like this been suffering 16 years! After 6 years of trying to get the medical profession to listen!! I'm desperate to get sorted and they don't want to know! Anyone??...

Last reply
  • Vaginal repair operation at 45

Hi. I have a grade 1 posterior vaginal wall prolapse. I was referred by my GP to the hospital. I went through a Defecating Proctogram which was undignified, then months of physiotherapy. My physiotherapist advised me not to have the op unless I need it, that was her opinion until she saw it! She thought...

Last reply
  • 3 weeks & 1 day Post Op Rectocele Repair

I looked first thing this morning when everything should be less swollen and everything at the opening looks just a “jumbled up” mess! It looks like the surgeon literally just stuffed the insides up and stitched them and everything is falling down around the stitches! Can we exchange post op pictures...

Last reply
  • anxious

I am 40 and was straining to go to the bathroom last night and I felt a bulge in my vagina.  I am assuming a rectocele.  I am so upset and don't know how or why this happened.  I am having such anxiety from it and so paranoid that its going to get worse.  what can I do to prevent...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.