Vaginal posterior repair stinging sensation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello ladies

i am hoping you can offer me some advice.

i am 5 weeks post op from vaginal posterior repair and have developed a stinging sensation inside my vagina on the left side, it's intermittent but very uncomfortable.

i have also noticed (Don't laugh) that i am missing my outside labia again on the left side?

i still feel as though something is stuck up there and heavy feeling at times.

i am due to go back to work next week but unsure if I should

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Consultants are always saying you are fine at 6 weeks. Most ladies who have had this sort of surgery say you need 3 months before you are really healed. Have your stitches come away yet?

Not sure what you mean by missing your labia?? Is this something that has happened before? Can you explain?

Have you had a follow up appointment to check all is well?

• Edited

im two weeks post anterior, posterior and antero repair i also have a terrible stinging sensation. I'm hoping it doesn't last fir five weeks! It also feels like I'm sitting on a cactus whenever I sit down. Lying flat feels best.

• Posted

Sitting on a cactus is how most ladies would describe the feeling so all normal. Yes, lying flat will be the norm for several weeks and keep your feet up if possible. The cutting involved in these operations is quite brutal considering how sensitive these areas are and you will be bruised and sore for several weeks, so dont try to be Superwoman and pretend you dont need any help. This is the time for you to be a lady of leisure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.