what is this inside my vagina? do i have a prolapse or something else?

Posted , 2 users are following.


as shown in the picture, on top of my vaginal opening (inside of it) is this thick flesh thing.

i have drawn with arrows and numbers to make it easier.

where i have put 1, u an see what i mean with the thick flesh that sorts of hangs down and nearly out of my vagina.

where i have written 2 is where my vagina goes inside, as i tested to put my finger in there and it goes in. but that thick flesh is sort of hanging down or bulging out on my opening?


0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

  • Edited

    Do you have any other symptoms like a dragging feeling in your vagina? urinary incontinence? Problems with intercourse? unusual bleeding?

    Yes this may be the beginning of a prolapse but if you dont have any other problems you are possibly still at a very low grade. If the fleshy thing feels fairly solid to touch it may be your uterus.

    You can help yourself by doing pelvic floor exercises, also called kegels. This will help to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.

    There is really only one way to say for sure what this is and that is for your doctor or gynaecologist to examine you.

    • Posted

      thank u so much for your reply. yes, i have struggled severely with my pelvic floor since i was about 5 or 6 years old. my issues consist of: urinary incontinence, pain in bladder, having to pee every 30 min, only being able to pee when i push on my bladder with my hand, i also need to push and squat on the toilet seat for the pee to come out, was well weird sensation in my bladder that feels like my urine shifts around and it feels sharp. when i was 6 years old i would pee myself in school because i wasn't able to hold it in, i seem to have a very weak pelvic floor. i have chronic UTI symptoms but i have been tested for UTI over 10 times and i dont have one.

      when it comes to what it feels like, yes, feels very solid and unlike the inside of the vagina its smooth. when i touch it i immediately feel terrible.. I get nauseous and feel sick, as well as an intense headache.

      I dont have sex nor do i masturbate, i cant masturbate because it hurts and makes me feel sick.

      thank u in advance for any more help. also a question, what might be the cause of a prolapsed uterus? i have had these issues since i was a young child, which makes me very confused...

    • Posted

      Oh that sounds really uncomfortable for you. Have you ever seen a urogynaecologist for these problems? Or even a gynaecologist and urologist? A urogynaecologist is ideal as they are better informed as to these sort of problems in women.

      You dont say how old you are but I feel you should be consulting with one of these physicians now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.