10 days post operation for gland and cyst removal

Posted , 9 users are following.

This is just an informative post so that those having this surgery or thinking about surgery has information.

Today marks 10 days post op, eleven if you count the day of surgery. Unless something changes, this will probably be my last post op update.

I still have minor bleeding but I believe that will be over in the next day or so.

The area is still sore but sitting down and walking is getting better/easier.

There is definitely some nerve issues because there will be sharp, random pains at times when I am doing nothing.

Overall, if this surgery does prevent the cyst from returning which can't speak of personally, I would recommend the procedure. Less than two weeks of being uncomfortable/in pain is worth never having to get another one lanced again.

Any questions are welcomed.

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi There! These forums have been so helpful.

I am 4 days post marsupilization op on my right side and I am having some major discomfort similar to the pain before the procedure. Although I don't feel a lump on the outside anymore, I do have a lot of swelling on the inside. Also my right buttocks cheek has an uncomfortable tingling sensation and is achy. I felt really good this morning and had some energy to do a little laundry but I felt exhausted shortly after and feeling more pain and pressure now. I have been using the sitz bath 3 times a day and showering twice a day. The warm water is so soothing and it's the only relief I can get. Did you experience similar symptoms?

Trying to explain this ordeal to friends and family is so awkward. I'm so relieved to be able to share this with others who can relate.

• Posted

My Dr never did the marsupilization to me. I have only experienced lancing and gland/cyst removal.
    • Posted

Mine said the same because if nothing else worked the marsupialization was maybe a 50% chance so why go through all the pain.
  • Posted

Considering having the gland removed, but unaware of any complications afterward. I had my first cyst abscess when I was 19 in college and not only was it the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced, but it was a traumatic event for me. Two years later and I've noticed the cyst returning again and its starting to become painful so I'm going to the doctor this week. Terrified to have the cyst lanced and drained again. My first one they said it would be instant relief, but the day of the drainage and the following 4 days were some of the worst days of my life with terrible pain and emotional struggles. I'm glad there's a thread for us to share our experiences because no one can relate to the pain and struggles with having a BC whether it be pain related, emotional struggles, or the effect it has on your sex life. Any advice on the gland removal would be nice thanks guys!

• Posted

I'm a little over 2 weeks post op and I would recommend it. A few weeks of discomfort/pain is worth it to me to never have another cyst again.

• Posted

Yeah I would do anything to not have another cyst again. I'm just unaware if there's any complications down the road. Also for your post op did that include having to miss work? Still in college so it's hard for me to miss work or scho in general

• Posted

There is never a good time to do it. You definitely will be out of school to have it removed. I hate to tell you this. But the likely hood of you finding someone that will agree to remove it is very low. They don't like to remove the gland unless you're around 40... I tried getting mine out after ny 2nd one as well and they wouldnt because i was only 23. Finally I was sent to a Gynocology oncologist after my 7th cyst because we tried other options and nothing worked. On the 8th they finally said we should remove the gland. And mine were in a 1 year time frame.

• Posted

Yes, unlikely. I tried to have mine removed 2 years ago after my 3rd or 4th cyst and the dr didn't want to because I was too young (26 years old) but after a few more cysts, he finally agreed so I had it done at 28 years old.

• Posted

Fox how are you doing? when did you stop bleeding? Are things looking a bit more "normal"? Hah

• Posted

Things are better. Still sore but nothing like before. Bleeding stopped a few days ago and I feel much more "normal" now.

• Posted

This is the 1st post I've seen that's current and upto date. I just had marsuipalization procedure last Thursday 10/6/16. I man still taking the pain meds. I have walked some including walking the dog. I felt exhausted and a little hurt. I've been doing the sitz baths too. I'm curious to know how long am I expected to experience pain?

• Posted

I have never had the marsupilization procedure. I had the gland and cyst removed. I am currently 17 days post op and still have some pain and discomfort.
    • Posted

Hi there! I also had the marsupialization on the 6th as well. I am so uncomfortable! I've been in bed pretty much all day since. I wake up and feel pretty good and do some light housework but I tire very easily. By the evening time I feel pain and pressure and have trouble getting comfortable. I literally feel like I'm "crowning" like with child birth. I also feel pain in my right lower buttock and in my groin area. The cyst was on the right side. It's so frustrating and I need to go back to work on Tues but wondering if I'll even be able to. How have you been recovering?

• Posted

Hey Nonna-g!

I thought I had just a cyst removal but it turns out I actually have the whole gland removed. My recovery seems to be OK I still have him a good deal of pain and discomfort and still taking the pain meds I try to work on Friday Monday and Tuesday and I was only able to do one whole day on Friday and less then half a day on Monday and Tuesday and called out the rest of the week because I couldn't bear anymore pain. I just left the doctor today for a different procedure unrelated to the marsupialization and I've been put out of work for six weeks because it was a vaginal procedure so hopefully this will give me enough time to heal properly so I can return to work at full capacity.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.