Skip to content

Bartholin's Cyst

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• olesia48130 2

Help!

Hi! So I've had a bartholin's cyst for quiet a while now. A grape sized bump between my thigh and vagina. When I first got it I could barely sit in jeans it would cause so much pain. After 2 months of pain it finally drained and I thought I had nothing to worry about. I also told my ginocologyst about...

0 replies 0 votes Reply to olesia48130
  • rose24629 1

BC sufferer for 3 years now.....HELP

I have been suffereing with this horrble thing since a few weeks after my 22nd birthday. I have had a countless number of these but if I had to make an estimate I would say about (10 plus).  The firs time I got it was the most extreme pain I had ever felt in that area. Mine had already turned into an...

0 replies 0 votes Reply to rose24629

All discussions in this group

Next
  • beverlyfern 2

My Bartholin Cyst Experience - Abscess and Cathedar

I had my first in January and I had never even heard of this before! At first I thought I'd had an in-grown hair or some such thing and within days I obviously knew it was something frightful. I thought my labia looked like the elephant man's disease! I could feel a lump the size of a marble and was...

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

I'm 26 and just had a marsupilation of bartholin cyst si...

I'm 26 and just had a marsupilation of bartholin cyst six days ago. I was not at all prepared for how it would look afterwards and have been in a lot of discomfort since!! I've also been somewhat concerned that the area is very bruised and feels hard, but perhaps after only a week this is normal whilst...

124 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • victoria1886 2

HELP>>>5 years of hell coz of bartholin cyst

I had my bartholyn cyst when im pregnant with my 3rd child. My ob ask me if i want to do a surgery after i gave birth but when i check how much its too expensive for me. it cost 4k singapore $. I tried checking online for home remedies but so far non works for me. I tried doing sitz bath with epsom salt....

7 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jessgrace88 2

Coming to a head...? Good news...?

Forgive my posting again but this group has really provided a good outlet for me. I have no one else to talk to about it who understands and the last I spoke with my doc I was told it may take a few weeks to go away, to take more antibiotics and continue hot compresses. As much as I didn't want to...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • shailyn05990 1
  • Raw50 2

Other Pain

I would like to know if others get pain down their legs or anywhere else when they have a cyst. Also is everyones cysts the typical round shape I see when I look on line. My is more oval/long in shape. I'm on my second course of antibiotics and still no sign of it clearing!!!!!

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • eliza76358 1

bartholin cyst experience

I want to contribute to this forum because I've been reading it obsessively since I started getting bartholin cysts. The first one I got burst on its own a month after having it drained at the hospital because it was infected. The draining didn't work and it got worse until eventually it burst when I...

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • olesia48130 2

Help!

Hi! So I've had a bartholin's cyst for quiet a while now. A grape sized bump between my thigh and vagina. When I first got it I could barely sit in jeans it would cause so much pain. After 2 months of pain it finally drained and I thought I had nothing to worry about. I also told my ginocologyst about...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • jessgrace88 2

So frustrated...a second round of antibiotics?

So I've had what I'm assuming is a BC (my doc and all the nurses there don't seem to recognize the name and just keep referring to it simply as a cyst) for approx. a month now. I noticed the pain two weeks ago and went to my doc who prescribed Augmentin as a precaution, although by the time I visited...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lfox2013 3

Bartholin gland excision

I had surgery to remove the gland and cyst this morning. Apparently the cyst was much larger than first anticipated (bigger than a baseball) and had developed blood vessels inside it which caused excess bleeding during surgery. This was because I had waited a year to deal with the cyst because it never...

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • taylor27191 1

Bartholin cyst

I had a bc and I went to the doctor and recieve antibiotics which caused a really bad yeast infection. It went down but didn't go away. So then it grew bigger and I began doing sitz bath with epsom salt. After soaking I out tea tree oil on it and it burned and every since then I bleed down there....

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • rose24629 1

BC sufferer for 3 years now.....HELP

I have been suffereing with this horrble thing since a few weeks after my 22nd birthday. I have had a countless number of these but if I had to make an estimate I would say about (10 plus).  The firs time I got it was the most extreme pain I had ever felt in that area. Mine had already turned into an...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • dbaker3 2
  • Jessie35 2

Please Help, so scared - Bartholin Cyst

Hi  Please could someone help me! I have scared myself stupid constantly internet searching and I'm more stressed about this :-(  I'm 29 and I felt a grape sized lump just under a week ago and went to the Dr. She said it is a Bartholin cyst and I should just try and forget about it!! Trouble is a can't......

59 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jessgrace88 2

Painless Lump taking over my life

Ok. So since the post I made a few days ago I've def learned more than I ever thought I would about BC and I'm still confused! At this point I l've gathered that my case is mild. I have no pain (and when I did it was mild), no swelling, no abscess, no pain while sitting or walking. I can't feel a single...

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Kukie 2

Cyst scaring me

Am scared I don't know wat to do,on Thursday I found a pimple on my vag next to wre the D goes in (sorry I don't know how else to explain it).It was the size of a small pea that night me and my fiancé decided to have sex n the next morning it had grown to the size of a small grape so we decided to go...

• samantha 3133 2

Does it need to burst?

So my cyst showed up almost 2 weeks ago. I went to my GP and then my gynecologist and it is not infected so they gave me no antibiotics. They both said to just keep doing sists baths. But after reading things posted here I'm wondering if it needs to burst or not since it is not infected? My gynecologist...

17 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mirandaNZ 3
  • jessgrace88 2

First Bartholin's Cyst at 29 yrs old..caused by BC?

Hi everyone. Back in March I started a new HBC after coming off it for a few years to give my body a break from the hormones. The decision to try it again was because my periods became heavy and painful. My first experience with HBC (Junel) was overall okay. When I visited my doc to go back on HBC...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • anne10863 1

I have been in pain 6 weeks now.

I am a 65 year old and six weeks ago had an operation to get rid of a Bartholin Cyst. I have had three lots of antibiotics and still have a great deal of pain and discomfort.  How long is the healing supposed to take?  Can anyone give me rough timings?  

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • yogitayasti 1

Must read this,Safe cure of barthonil abscess.

Hi , All beautiful ladies out there.i will not write something extra large and something not worthy. I had my third bc on 5th june its the 14 months after the second one.i had it first 11march 2014 thn feb 2015 .first one bec of a yeast infection and it burst in a single night on its own.thn the second...

• megan38992 3

Chronic Bartholin Abscess and Cysts - My Experience

After roughly 5 years of experience with these beasts I opted to have my gland removed. I feel as though I've been through hell and back and almost feel a sense of obligation to share my story to those who may be going through the same thing. I know I wanted to know everything about them, so the least...

187 replies 8 votes Last reply
  • sadeem 2

marsupialization surgery

Hello everyone Anyone did marsupialization surgery.... I want to tell me how much is that hard?? did you have to rest 2weeks or more??? Is walking hard after this surgery?????

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rachel84988 2

Bartholin gland removal

Hi everyone. Just wondering had anyone had their bartholin gland removed? I'm am currently on abscess number 16. 16th in 2years. My last 2 burst just over a week ago and it's now back again. I've bee. Referred to a&e by my doctor but I am in so much pain right now I can't even get up from bed to make...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • OneDuckie 2

Issues after Bartholin's Gland Abscess Lanced

I've been experiencing bartholin's Gland Cysts since October 2016. Originally the cyst would show up about 2cm in diameter (small), being slightly unfortable but never causing problems. It would eventually go away on it's own with sitz baths and massaging. Every time they went away they would return...

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • danielle20492 1

I need some advise. Please help.

Hi, ladies my name is Danielle I've been in pain for 2.5 weeks now, I thought I just had a bit of swelling because of sex but it didn't go away in fact it got bigger after i had sex again that week now its the size of a guppy marble. And Im In more pain. I didn't know what it was until I did some research....

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sophie22438 2

Home remedy for Bartholin Cyst

I had a Bartholin cyst, didn't think much of it but then after about 10 days it got very big and became infected. I took a course of anti-biotics and also looked into alternative treatments, the antibiotics seemed to take care of the infection but the fluid in the cyst remained. I also found a very...

127 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • katie626 1

Serious cyst?

I think I have a bartholin cyst, almost all the side effects like pain when sitting, even when wiping after using the bathroom. The only thing is is that when I turn backwards in the mirror it looks like a white spot, most definitions say it's either invisible or just a lump. I tried to call my OBGYN...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rupykc 2

HOME REMEDY FOR BARTHOLIN'S ABSCESS THAT WORKS!

Hello ladies, I am writing to share my story with you and my amazing home remedy that actually works! After nearly three years of suffering from these horrible, nasty, painful monsters, I finally found a cure. I had my first abcsess at 25, it was excrutiating pain and went to the size of a tennis ball....

56 replies 8 votes Last reply
  • Raw50 2

Pain but no swelling

hi I have been diagnosed with having a cyst on one side but the last couple of days I have developed an even worse pain on the other side but no lump. Has anyone else had this?

• kirstynz 2

Fear of it coming back

Ihave had surgery 2x for my bartholin abscess and 1x lanced, and i have a fear of it returning. My last surgery was last month, then it developed an infection. The surgen cut out the abscess. The pain was bad. I'm a bit of a wuss with pain so that doesn't help. Surgery doesn't worry me but the pain...

• jazmine04776 2

Word catheter put in on Saturday

I had a bartholin cyst that developed on Thursday night and by the next day it was abcessed. I went to work anyway on Friday because we were short staffed (i work in a doctors office) so Saturday morning I had it drained at a local urgent care. She inserted a word catheter and told me to schedule a follow...

• Lamusica 1

Word Catheter Fell Out Hours After

Hi, I've just had my 2nd bartholin abscess in 3 years lanced. Just like the first time, the doctor put in a word catheter to facilitate drainage and better healing. The first one I had fell out I think 4-5 days after lancing, which the doctor said was fine. But this time, it fell out about 10 hours later...

• ellen17641 1

Another cyst after drainage?

Two weeks ago I had my bartholin cyst drained (I had it for about 6 months but it became infected and swelled to the point I could sit or walk properly). I was put onto antibiotics which I took until they ran out. I then started to get really dry skin around my vagina and down the crease between my legs?...

• Raw50 2

Bartholin cyst?

Hi I'm worried sick I have a lump in the same area as many on here have described and thinking it maybe a bartholin cyst my outer labia on both sides at the front really hurt. Could a cyst be the cause of this, has anyone else experienced the same? I am desperately worried!

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.