Skip to content
Ad

Bartholin's Cyst

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Bartholin's Abscess pain/soreness?

I noticed a cyst about 10 days ago when I first got my period. It started getting bigger and hurting about 3 days ago. The pain seems to worsen each day. It's now the size of a small golf ball. There is slight itching and it feels firm to the touch. There's pain even when just lying down. I started...

• Raw50 Raw50

Misdiagnosed!!

so I have been treated for supposedly having a Bartholins cyst since April only to go see a gynaecologist yesterday who says I have an inclusion cyst caused by trauma from childbirth. My youngest is 19 surely I would know I had it before now! I just wondered if any of you ladies had heard of these or...

• div07767 div07767

Bartholin cyst...

I hav been facing bartholin cyst problem from last yr....its pain is like hell on earth...it made me so frustrated mentally and more physically.....i use to be alone at home aftr mom went to work...use to cyst lot ....in this cyst i could not even move frm bed , i could not eat..i could not walk or sit....thr...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Repeated BC

I am 25 years old and have 4 reoccurring bartholin cyst's. My first one turned out to be extremely painful at the age of 21 so the doctor drained it but just as of this year I have had 3 more. The first 2 were drained but automatically came back. I have had my 4th BC and am not sure If I need to...

Last reply
  • Please Help, so scared - Bartholin Cyst

Hi  Please could someone help me! I have scared myself stupid constantly internet searching and I'm more stressed about this :-(  I'm 29 and I felt a grape sized lump just under a week ago and went to the Dr. She said it is a Bartholin cyst and I should just try and forget about it!!...

Last reply
  • Bartholin's Cyst Relief!!!

Hi all. Well, I had my first BC which started about 4 days ago and quickly got infected. For the last 2 days, I have been in absolute agony - even crying as the pain was so bad. I also felt very hot and dizzy. Went to the doctors who gave me antibiotics and suggested the 'm' operation if...

Last reply
  • Bartholin Cyst Abscess...I'm at my wits end!

Here it goes..I'm 23 years old and this is a first for me..I have spent days worth of sitting on my couch reading all the wonderful information you all have been posting! Today is Wednesday, and I first noticed this on Thursday. No big deal, I was a little irritated, completely normal thing for...

Last reply
  • Chronic Bartholin Abscess and Cysts - My Experience

After roughly 5 years of experience with these beasts I opted to have my gland removed. I feel as though I've been through hell and back and almost feel a sense of obligation to share my story to those who may be going through the same thing. I know I wanted to know everything about them, so the...

Last reply
  • Taking Silica worked for me

I had one of these cyst develop in April this year. I thought I'd laid an egg. My whole pelvis was in pain and I went to my local casualty department where they gave me antibiotics. I was in constant pain and was taking painkillers to get through the day, just sitting down was very painful....

Last reply
  • Bartholin cyst removal

I'm due to have a bartholin cyst removed in 2 days. I have had it for months and has always showed on the surface of the skin however it's now disappeared! The swelling has gone. Will they still do surgery to try and remove it???

Last reply
  • Bartholins cyst

Hi im lisa and im 23 I'm so glad to be reading all these and to know I'm not alone is a relief. I'm now on my second cyst the first one at 21 got really bad couldn't walk sit or nothing I was afraid to go to hospital as for i was unaware at the time about the bartholins cyst. They done...

Last reply
  • Bartholin's Abscess pain/soreness?

I noticed a cyst about 10 days ago when I first got my period. It started getting bigger and hurting about 3 days ago. The pain seems to worsen each day. It's now the size of a small golf ball. There is slight itching and it feels firm to the touch. There's pain even when just lying down. I started...

Posted
  • HOME REMEDY FOR BARTHOLIN'S ABSCESS THAT WORKS!

Hello ladies, I am writing to share my story with you and my amazing home remedy that actually works! After nearly three years of suffering from these horrible, nasty, painful monsters, I finally found a cure. I had my first abcsess at 25, it was excrutiating pain and went to the size of a tennis ball....

Last reply
  • Misdiagnosed!!

so I have been treated for supposedly having a Bartholins cyst since April only to go see a gynaecologist yesterday who says I have an inclusion cyst caused by trauma from childbirth. My youngest is 19 surely I would know I had it before now! I just wondered if any of you ladies had heard of these or...

Posted
  • Should i remove my bartholin gland?

Hi, i've been having recurrence of BC since late 2015. I had a few months free of BC since i started consuming this arab gum that my father bought (i dont know if this actually affecting the BC but they said that the arab gum is good for overall health.) Then, i kinda forgot to take them as my...

Last reply
  • Bartholin cyst...

I hav been facing bartholin cyst problem from last yr....its pain is like hell on earth...it made me so frustrated mentally and more physically.....i use to be alone at home aftr mom went to work...use to cyst lot ....in this cyst i could not even move frm bed , i could not eat..i could not walk or sit....thr...

Posted
  • Bartholin cyst

Hi I'm 35 and I've had 3 of these bartholin cysts removed first two was a cut and about 4 months later it came back the doctor put In a word catheter. I. So upset because when ever I seem to have sexual relationships it comes back this is the 4th time, I feel like a freak I don't want men...

Last reply
  • sex after cyst removal

Hi. I'm 42 and had a suburethral/bartholins cyst removed a week ago. It was causing pain urinating and during intercourse and wouldn't go with antibiotics. Finally plucked up the courage to 'investigate' in the bath today. The whole area feels hard and I still have pain on sitting. Having...

Last reply
  • My introduction to the world of the Bartholin's Cyst/Abscess

This forum has been somewhat of a revelation to me, as of a week ago i was a 32 year old having a bath and found a small painless lump and thought WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?? I had, had intercourse with my husband the night before and just put it down to maybe friction trauma and hoped it would settle itself.......

Posted
  • I have a bartholin abcess please help

Hi everyone so I need help this is my first time having a bartholin cyst it's right on the outer corner of my vagina not inside it is very painful and swollen and quit big there is no puss coming out at all . I went to my doctor she gave me antibiotic for 7 days apo cephalexin but u don't see...

Last reply
  • My Bartholin cyst story and tips on preventing flare-ups

I got my first Bartholin's cyst after I'd been experiencing mild recurring uti like symtopms. I love wearing tights and dresses, and spanx underneath my jeans/pants. Any way, I noticed soreness but ignored it at first, it only got worse. I thought my vagina was irritated due to the tampons but...

Last reply
  • It's back...super bummed

Hi everyone, I hope it's ok if I vent here. A week ago today I had an appt with my doc for nerve pain I was having associated with my BC. At that point the BC was pretty much gone after two months of consistent sitz baths. My doc told me she didn't even feel anything. I still felt some inflammation...

Last reply
  • It has come again

I 've had terrible pain and had it drained out sometimes in April last year. But the cyst wasn't removed totally...it was still there but without pain n small size. But now it has become big and I feel uncomfortable with it. I feel pain sometimes after having intercourse with my boyfriend....

Last reply
  • Bartholion cyst burst

So my cyst burst after taking lots of hot sits bath and it drained as well it's still tender no pain I can sit and walk but I still have a little bump there and is a little bit hard I'm wondering when will this go away ? And when can I have sex again

Last reply
  • My Bartholin Cyst Experience - Abscess and Cathedar

I had my first in January and I had never even heard of this before! At first I thought I'd had an in-grown hair or some such thing and within days I obviously knew it was something frightful. I thought my labia looked like the elephant man's disease! I could feel a lump the size of a marble...

Last reply
  • Bartholin cyst and what helped me

Hello Ladies, I am 26 and have just had my 2nd cyst. the last one was 2 years ago around this same time. I work in retail so I think mine come due to stress. Holiday Season. Both on my cyst did not become painful. They reached to the size of about golf ball and hard. And was just very uncomfortable....

Last reply
  • BC shrunk but experiencing pinching/aching?

I've had a BC about two months now. The biggest it got was about the size of a cherry. It was tender at first, and I went on two rounds of antibiotics which didn't do much to shrink it. After that it was relatively painless, tender from time to time. I've been doing sitz baths consistently...

Last reply
  • How long should a cyst drain for?

Hi all, me again, sorry! I posted yesterday that my cyst had suddenly drained by itself yesterday morning (yay!!) I'm just wondering for anyone who has had this happen, how long did it drain for as there is still some watery blood coming from it? It's been 30 or so hours now? When it first...

Last reply
  • Bartholins and Endometriosis

Hi all. I'm just wondering if any of you ladies have had investigations into the possibility that Bartholins problems might be caused by Endometriosis. The reason I ask is because this is exactly what happened to me. I won't go too much into my history as I'd be here all week but I have...

Last reply
  • Antibiotics!!

I'm on my I have 2 lots of week courses of antibiotics and my cyst still hasn't cleared. anyone else had this problem?

Last reply
  • Barth cyst or something else

I have had a left bartholin cyst marsup done about 8 weeks ago, however there is still a lump there. What should a BC feel like? I have this firm lump that I can feel between my vagina and rectum. It feels quite deep but I can feel it through my skin as opposed to through my vaginal wall. If I press...

Posted
  • Bartholin gland removal doctor in southern california

Hi, does anyone know anydoctor in california who can help removing the gland? I had surgery last year to remove the cyst but i think they are coming back to form the cyst in the gland and I'm in pain. Ultrasound shows there is still a small cyst there. It is hard to see or feel. But the doctor said...

Posted
  • Success I hope!

I am 56. I am post menopausal. I don't have sex. Bartholin Cyst in 1989 had marsipulation. It returned within year but treated with antibiotics and salt bath. Then it went. I then got pregnant and had no reoccurrence for 20 years. Then cyst again but in opposite side. Antibiotics but it returned....

Posted
  • Bartholin cyst PLEASE HELP.

I'm 20 years old and have been dealing with a bartholin cysts of 2 years now. Right at this moment the cyst appears to be small and pretty deflated, very soft -which is how it appares often. However every single time I have sex and even sometimes when I don't the cyst expands considerably, and...

Last reply
  • How do you find the right doctor for a marsupialization?

I have had the bartholin cyst on and off for the past four years now, I have had it drained five times. For the most part I have been living with it because it doesn't grow significantly enough to have the procedure done. But when this thing gets infected it can grow to the size of a golf ball, regardless...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.