Skip to content

Bartholin's Cyst

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Bartholin abscess cyst

I’m 18 and just a quick background on my cyst history, I’ve had 3 cyst in the past month and each have been abscess, the first one got to the size of a lemon and i couldn’t walk or sit or lay down, everything was excruciatingly painful, i went to the gynecologist and they said it was one of the …

All discussions in this group

Next
  • TEA BREW--------ONLY PERMANENT SOLUTION that worked for me

Hello-- I had my first Bartholin Cyst at 26.  I was unaware what it was at the time, but knew something was wrong.  I was lucky, and the cyst went away on its own after a few days.  This continued for years, but the cyst did not grow, and always went away after a few day, so I …

Last reply
  • Bartholin gland removal

Hi everyone. Just wondering had anyone had their bartholin gland removed? I'm am currently on abscess number 16. 16th in 2years. My last 2 burst just over a week ago and it's now back again. I've bee. Referred to a&e by my doctor but I am in so much pain right now I can't even …

Last reply
  • My Bartholin cyst story and tips on preventing flare-ups

I got my first Bartholin's cyst after I'd been experiencing mild recurring uti like symtopms. I love wearing tights and dresses, and spanx underneath my jeans/pants. Any way, I noticed soreness but ignored it at first, it only got worse. I thought my vagina was irritated due to the tampons …

Last reply
  • Bartholin abscess cyst

I’m 18 and just a quick background on my cyst history, I’ve had 3 cyst in the past month and each have been abscess, the first one got to the size of a lemon and i couldn’t walk or sit or lay down, everything was excruciatingly painful, i went to the gynecologist and they said it was one of the …

Posted
  • Home Remedy Worked - THANK YOU AMAZING WOMEN

Dear everyone who has posted here, including people who did it way back in 2014. I read it all. And, after days of excruciating my cyst ruptured. I will share it all here, in case I can be helpful for others. Oh, thank you so so so much to everyone who posted on this. I read EVERYTHING. This is my …

Last reply
  • bartoline gland removal

I am 53 yo and have my bartolin gland removal surgery scheduled for the next week. Had 2 abscesses removed, Ward catheter for 6 weeks, after 5 months it came back again, lanced it twice, antibiotics for 2 weeks did not work, had "modified marzipulization by my gyno in a office,  a few …

Last reply
  • Home Remedy for Bartholin Cyst that WORKS!

I'm 24 and starting getting bartholin cysts just over a year ago. It has recurred at least 6 or 7 times, and I have had an Incision and Drainage performed twice, one under local anesthetic and once under general. I can't stress enough, GET THE GENERAL! The needle with the anesthetic was …

Last reply
  • I have a bartholin cyst please for the love of god help😂

I need questions answered, is there anything at all any home remedies or that to burst/take the pain away from the bartholin cyst??? I’m in horrendous pain and I don’t know how much more I can take, I’ve been giving antibiotics by the doctors but still in pain. Also, how many days does it take …

Last reply
  • Anyone else had a Bartholin Cyst removed with C02 laser

I finally found a doctor in LA using C02 laser to drain cyst and remove cyst wall. Just had it done two days ago. According to medical studies online, this is the procedure that has the lowest reoccurance rate of Bartholin Cysts. Any other women out there had it done and care to weigh in on results?

Last reply
  • Chronic Bartholin Abscess and Cysts - My Experience

After roughly 5 years of experience with these beasts I opted to have my gland removed. I feel as though I've been through hell and back and almost feel a sense of obligation to share my story to those who may be going through the same thing. I know I wanted to know everything about them, so …

Last reply
  • Marsupialization

Hi, I posted a few weeks ago about having marsupialization done but turned out it wasn't a bartholin cyst just inflammation...anyway It just passed 3 weeks on Thursday that I had the surgery done. The dissolvable stitches look like they're starting to dissolve but the slit where he cut …

Posted
  • Marsupialization for Bartholincyst

I hope this helps you.  So on 2015 - 2017 I kept getting Bartholin cyst to Bartholin cyst. From those years it was about 6 Bartholin cyst that were drained, I kidd you not. I was tired of having to go to the hospital and get it drained and then for it to come back. So when I was pregnant a …

Last reply
  • First Bartholin abscess at 16

Hi, wanted to share my personal experience with bartholin cyst/abscess. I'm also only 16 so it was my first time having it. It all started last Sunday, when I felt kinda weird, did a checkup and found a small cyst on my vagina. I didn't think much of it and thought that oops just some …

Posted
  • Marsupialization

I had a marsupialization done a little over a week ago. However turned out the pain and swelling turned out not to be a cyat but a lot of inflammation. So the Dr still follwed through and marsuplized it. So niw it's like a hole with white what looks like cloth dissolvable stitches. Well I have …

Last reply
  • Alternative Treatment

I’ve been dealing with a reoccurring bc for two years. I’ve had it lanced, tried the word catheter, apple cider vinegar, and phoebe’s cure. None of which had any lasting effect. I’ve been referred to a vulvar clinic for a second opinion on my next option. I’ve done a lot of research and the current …

Posted
  • Is this a cyst??

Yesterday I noticed a lump had formed where the gland is, I've had this before after sex and they usually go away after a couple of days. I haven't had sex in a while now so checked it out and there's a bit of swelling about the size of a pea but also a white patch surrounded with blood …

Posted
  • HOME REMEDY FOR BARTHOLIN'S ABSCESS THAT WORKS!

Hello ladies, I am writing to share my story with you and my amazing home remedy that actually works! After nearly three years of suffering from these horrible, nasty, painful monsters, I finally found a cure. I had my first abcsess at 25, it was excrutiating pain and went to the size of a tennis …

Last reply
  • Bartholin Cyst help!!

Hi, I have a Bartholin Cyst, I’ve had them before and besides the pain of it have had no other symptoms but this time aswel as the pain I’m feeling sick, light headed and tired. Has anyone else had them and become sick from them? Or am I just unlucky enough to be getting a bug at the same time?

Last reply
  • I’m 17 years old and have a Bartholin cyst

I have never had one before I already talked to my mom and I’m going to the doctors Friday but what am I suppose to do until then like should I even be moving can I still take showers I feel like my life is over I have never in my 17 years of living be have seen something or even known about …

Last reply
  • Marsupialization of Bartholin Cyst

I had a marsupialization of Bartholin Cyst 4 days ago. I have never had a cyst before, had never heard of it and I wish I still didn’t know about it. By the time I saw a gyno, it had turned to a golf ball sized abscess and I was in a world of pain. I’m not in much pain anymore but I’m really …

Last reply
  • How do you care for your Bartholin cyst after it drains?

Hi Ladies, My evil cyst just popped and I automatically felt that beautiful relief! Finally my sleepless nights and crying days are done. :} How do you care for your cyst right after it has drained? What is the next step here other than celebrate? What is the best thing to do or apply? …

Last reply
  • I think I have a cyst?

I think I have a cyst but I’m not sure. I have a lump probably the size of a walnut, I think it’s towards the bottom of my left labia and I can feel swelling just inside my vagina. There is a definite lump, quite firm to touch, and a whole lot more swelling that goes all the way down to my butt …

Last reply
  • I had the marsupialization surgery.

I went into my doctor's appointment at 9:30 to have my cyst looked at they scheduled me for my marsupialization surgery at 4 in the evening. the surgery lasted about 30 minutes I was in recovery for about an hour I woke up in a lot of pain they gave me some pain medicine before I went home …

Last reply
  • Bartholin Cyst

Hello I’m dealing with my first BC I went to the ER I had to get the Word Catheter, but after I  was in the worst pain I ever felt in my life,I feel a lot better with the antibiotics but does the catheter supposed to fall out on its own??  Someone help me pleaseeee 

Last reply
  • Reoccurring bartholins cyst.

I'm 24 and have had bartholins cysts since I was 16. Up until this week I only ever got them on the left side. When I was a teenager I got a cyst turned abscess every 2-3 months and at 18 I had a marsupialization surgury. I didn't get a cyst for 5 years but 4 months ago one appeared again …

Last reply
  • I MAY HAVE FOUND THE HOLY GRAIL OF SOLUTIONS!!!

Hey Ladies! I want to start off by saying I am so so sorry you have made your way to this page, you are now part of a club that nobody wants to be in. The good thing is that after doing so much research this is a problem that is EXTREMELY common so know that you are not alone. But again I'm so …

Last reply
  • Bartholin Cyst word catheter

Okay so I had my BC drained and a word cath stitched in. I’ve had it for 5 days and everything was going well until this morning. I noticed bright red blood and a clear snotty fluid leaking out. I’m getting nervous as to why this just started. Im concerned that if I get aroused in any way this will …

Last reply
  • Bartholin Cyst: Is there a cure?

Many women around the world diagnosed with a Bartholin cyst has truly suffered(myself included). There is little scholarly research done that has provided us with less than a hand full of information. First of all, many of us DO NOT know how it (the cyst) happened. Secondly, we're giving …

Last reply
  • Developed red blotch on bartholin cyst?

Hi Ladies, I am currently fighting a walnut size bartholin cyst and have been doing sitz baths with and without salt, I recently tried the turmeric and oil remedy, it did not work, and I just tried Phoebe's remedy to no success...yet. However, I developed a red dime size blotch on the cyst. No …

Last reply
  • sex after cyst removal

Hi. I'm 42 and had a suburethral/bartholins cyst removed a week ago. It was causing pain urinating and during intercourse and wouldn't go with antibiotics. Finally plucked up the courage to 'investigate' in the bath today. The whole area feels hard and I still have pain on sitting. …

Last reply
  • Bartholin Marsupialization recovery

I am a fit and healthy 26 year old female and I am 7 days post op for my Bartholin Marsuplialization. The cyst was originally the size of a marble and didn't bother me, but it grew overnight into a painful golf ball sized lump, I went to the emergency room and had the marsupialization done …

Last reply
  • Reoccurring Bartholin cyst and want to start a family...

Has anyone had a Bartholin's cyst that is not abscessed/infected and got pregnant? If so, can you tell me about your experience? I had it drained once in early May of this year, but it came right back... Not sure if it's worth getting it drained again before I start trying to get pregnant ( …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.