Skip to content

Bartholin's Cyst

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Bartholin gland removal

Hi everyone. Just wondering had anyone had their bartholin gland removed? I'm am currently on abscess number 16. 16th in 2years. My last 2 burst just over a week ago and it's now back again. I've bee. Referred to a&e by my doctor but I am in so much pain right now I can't even get...

Last reply
  • I'm 26 and just had a marsupilation of bartholin cyst si...

I'm 26 and just had a marsupilation of bartholin cyst six days ago. I was not at all prepared for how it would look afterwards and have been in a lot of discomfort since!! I've also been somewhat concerned that the area is very bruised and feels hard, but perhaps after only a week this is normal...

Last reply
  • Bartholin Cyst Gland Excision Experience - POSITIVE

It's extremely hard to find any positive experiences of this surgery, and even the horror stories are almost slim to none. This is such a common problem and the longer I've had these cysts, the more people I've realized get them too and I'm not the only one. I hope this helps someone...

Last reply
  • Home Remedy for Bartholin Cyst that WORKS!

I'm 24 and starting getting bartholin cysts just over a year ago. It has recurred at least 6 or 7 times, and I have had an Incision and Drainage performed twice, one under local anesthetic and once under general. I can't stress enough, GET THE GENERAL! The needle with the anesthetic was BEYOND...

Last reply
  • Come back of bartholin

Three times i faced bartholin issue everytime it infected and get burst. I am worried now because this time it occure on other side of the vaginal lips . Is it same ? I want to know that condom is the cause of this.. Beacause everytime i used this it happens.. Plea plz plz some onw suggest me wat should...

Last reply
  • bartholin cyst -- burst only drained a little

hey all so I am experiencing my fist BC at age 35 -- presented a lump about a week and a half ago that grew to be quite large and extremely painful. Went to Gyn on Tuesday (at this point I was about ping pong sized) who wanted to lance it on the spot -- I refused and asked her if we could wait a few...

Last reply
  • Agony moaner

At the ripe old age of 38 I've had my first bc two weeks ago after a rather romantic wknd away, embarrassing and painfull, luckily it popped of its own accord but this was before I knew anything about bc so you can imagine my panic at this gross situation went straight to the docs next day &...

Posted
  • 2 Months. it's still here. And no SEX!

I have tried home remedies. No health insurrance so no dr. Both my spouse and I are at a loss. is sex even a thing with these? its my first one. its only sore around where i presume the opening of the tube is. sitting and walking are irritants. wiping after bathroom use is painful. I'm 29 yrs old...

Last reply
  • I have chronic bartholin abcess help!!!

Hello, I am currently writing this from the hospital bed recovering from marsupialization surgery that was done yesterday. I am so frustrated and at my wits end about all of this. I'm hoping someone who has gone through the same can help me even if it's just knowing that I'm not alone. I'll...

Last reply
  • HOME REMEDY FOR BARTHOLIN'S ABSCESS THAT WORKS!

Hello ladies, I am writing to share my story with you and my amazing home remedy that actually works! After nearly three years of suffering from these horrible, nasty, painful monsters, I finally found a cure. I had my first abcsess at 25, it was excrutiating pain and went to the size of a tennis ball....

Last reply
  • Please Help, so scared - Bartholin Cyst

Hi  Please could someone help me! I have scared myself stupid constantly internet searching and I'm more stressed about this :-(  I'm 29 and I felt a grape sized lump just under a week ago and went to the Dr. She said it is a Bartholin cyst and I should just try and forget about it!!...

Last reply
  • 2 Bartholin Cysts at the same time!

Had anyone had a double Bartholin Cyst at the same time. I have them on both sides and they are just irritating each other. I have an apt next week to discuss the marsupialization but I can't find any info on doing them at the same time. This sucks. How is there no way to prevent these or to cure...

Last reply
  • I have a bartholin cyst. What should i do??

I am 23 and i have got bartholin cyst for about 3 weeks, its just a cyst not abscess. I feel like that it has just started growing up now as its mouth is turning towads vagina which may sometimes cause irritation. There is no pain or any symptoms of abscess. I have tried using warm water with salt and...

Last reply
  • Cyst in neck was drained and now might be back!!

Hi, My girlfriend had a cyst in her neck drained which was the size of a plum, and now it has came back and is giving her alot of pain and now she has started to make her neck and arm feel numb!!  Is it possible for a cyst to come back in her neck and do this to her face neck and are numbness!...

Last reply
  • Sitz bath causing yeast infection or something else?

Hi all.  My cyst is back, big as a cherry but painless, wanting to pop up on the skin ever so slightly but mostly just sitting below the surface. I haven't been keeping up on my baths and had sex the other day so it makes sense why it flared up. I've been using a portable sitz bath since...

Last reply
  • Bartholin cyst?

Hi everyone, i just noticed this hard painful lump on my right labia. It looks like it could be filled with pus-the middle of it is a faint yellowish color, the rest is red. Does anybody know what it could be? I’m super nervous it could be something serious. Thanks in advance 

Last reply
  • Huge painless Bartholin Cyst

Hello. Eight months ago, on my six weeks check-up, the OB told me that I  had a Bartholyn cyst and she also told me to do the sitz baths, but I didn't do it because my cyst wasn't big at that time, no pain, nothing. Now my cyst is the size of an egg but it doesn't hurt. I've tried...

Last reply
  • Lump inside vagina?!?

About a month ago I had a really bad Uti (or what felt like one) and about a week after it started I had organ pain  on the centre right side of my stomach area. It seemed to have cleared up, but sometimes it hurts to pee in the mornings but I figured it was from holding in my pee. Anyway, I had...

Posted
  • Suffering with recurrent periclitoral

Hi there,  I'm looking for any advice & sharing of similar experiences (ESPECIALLY if you suffer/have suffered with a cyst in the same area). Here's my situation:  In summer last year a noticed a pea shaped red bump beside my clitoris on the right-side of my labia minora. Over...

Last reply
  • Anyone else had a Bartholin Cyst removed with C02 laser

I finally found a doctor in LA using C02 laser to drain cyst and remove cyst wall. Just had it done two days ago. According to medical studies online, this is the procedure that has the lowest reoccurance rate of Bartholin Cysts. Any other women out there had it done and care to weigh in on results?

Last reply
  • Help

Hi! This is probably a stupid question, but I have a bartholin cyst, but it’s not infected. Would this still work? 

Last reply
  • Batholin cyst

I have done operation three times yet the cyst keeps coming back at the same spot am just fade up and tired can't even enjoy sex any more

Posted
  • Taking Silica worked for me

I had one of these cyst develop in April this year. I thought I'd laid an egg. My whole pelvis was in pain and I went to my local casualty department where they gave me antibiotics. I was in constant pain and was taking painkillers to get through the day, just sitting down was very painful....

Last reply
  • What does a Bartholin cyst feel like to touch?

Hi everyone I have a grape sized lump just inside the entrance to my vagina. It feels very hard, almost rock hard and quite painful to touch. The hardness also extends to my anus. My doctor thinks it's more than likely a bartholin cyst but because of the extended hardness, she has referred my to...

Last reply
  • Bartholin's Abscess pain/soreness?

I noticed a cyst about 10 days ago when I first got my period. It started getting bigger and hurting about 3 days ago. The pain seems to worsen each day. It's now the size of a small golf ball. There is slight itching and it feels firm to the touch. There's pain even when just lying down. I started...

Last reply
  • Help stubborn bartholin cyst/abscess

So I am now 23 and have been struggling with terrible bartholin cysts for almost 3 years. The first time it happened quick woke up with it and in a matter of hours it was at least the size of a golf ball and severely painful and it didn't stop there. The first two time were the same and happens...

Last reply
  • Think I’ve cured my cyst!

I had a marsup 4 years ago but after that I still developed a cyst which I’ve been living with for around 3 years. It was the cause of allot of stress anxiety and embarrassment during sex as you can imagine as to me it looked like a testicle when it got quite large. I was lucky however that it wasn’t...

Posted
  • Bartholin gland cyst burst. After care advice?

I never post in these kind of things but this forum has helped me so much over the last couple of days reading other people’s experiences with these nasty things.  I got my first Bartholins cyst when I was 15 but it burst after a couple of days but the cyst shortly returned. It was painless so...

Last reply
  • Stubborn Bartholin Cyst!!! SOS

Hello everyone, I am at my absolute wits end with my BC and I feel compelled to share my story hopefully someone can help me?? I’ve been dealing with BC for about 2 years now off and on. Currently I have had the same cyst for about 2/3 months now. Originally when the cyst first popped up in February,...

Posted
  • 7th cyst in 10 months

Ever since I was 17 I’ve been getting cyst Regularly after my 6th one I got surgery on it to help not get them any more but since then another one has came up being 18 now I’m litteraly over it and can’t continue getting these for the rest of my life. I’ve tried all the at home remedies and heaps of...

Posted
  • My BG cyst burst and there was a lot of blood!

Usually - I get one - it's a hard lump and doesnt really hurt so bad and after soaking in baths it will burst - before it had clear pus mixed with it - this time - straight blood. This happened last night. Just wondering if this means anything serious. I'm 47. My Gyn tells me that some women...

Last reply
  • Bartholin cyst drained. Now what?

Hey ladies! I have a few questions for those of you who have had your Bartholin cyst/abscess drain on its own. Mine just drained about 4 days ago. I think it's fully drained I'm not sure how to tell so my first question is how do I know it's closed up and healing if I can't feel anything...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.