Skip to content
Ad

Bartholin's Cyst

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Bartholin Cyst drainage feels so good to get that puss out

Long story short I’m a 24 year old girl, had this brothins cyst for almost a year. When I first noticed it , I used whitch  hazel ( works really well) and sillcia ( ordered off amazon) and it shrunk to a in noticeable size. I was doing great for a few months. Only time it would “kind of “ flare...

Last reply
  • Home Remedy Tip for Bartholin Cysts

Hi All I had a BC around a year ago, i was too scared to go to the doctor and it grew rapidly and became an abscess. I took sitz baths which relieved the pain and it hardened. (I also noticed lightly scratching the outside of my thigh was relieving the pain, i think its more in my head but hey, worth...

Last reply
  • Bartholin help needed, tried everything!

These crazy bc are annoying. Had my first one years ago went away with antibiotics. But the years to fallow ended up with more of them emergency room twice, once in a Dr. Office. And had it burst on it's own once. Now about 3 years later it's back again with a vengeance. Started enlarging 4 days...

Posted
  • Taking Silica worked for me

I had one of these cyst develop in April this year. I thought I'd laid an egg. My whole pelvis was in pain and I went to my local casualty department where they gave me antibiotics. I was in constant pain and was taking painkillers to get through the day, just sitting down was very painful....

Last reply
  • Chronic Bartholin Abscess and Cysts - My Experience

After roughly 5 years of experience with these beasts I opted to have my gland removed. I feel as though I've been through hell and back and almost feel a sense of obligation to share my story to those who may be going through the same thing. I know I wanted to know everything about them, so the...

Last reply
  • sex after cyst removal

Hi. I'm 42 and had a suburethral/bartholins cyst removed a week ago. It was causing pain urinating and during intercourse and wouldn't go with antibiotics. Finally plucked up the courage to 'investigate' in the bath today. The whole area feels hard and I still have pain on sitting. Having...

Last reply
  • My cyst ruptured today

Please someone help me . Does anyone knows if I can still take warm baths after my cyst ruptured, It still open I can feel and see stuff coming out ?!

Posted
  • Had a Bartholin cyst lanced and wondering how often they reoccur?

About 2 months ago I noticed a small lump near the opening of my vagina and after extensive googling was pretty positive it was a BC. I had no pain during every day activity and the only time it gave me any discomfort was during and after sex. As I am 20 weeks pregnant, I had a regular pre-natal appointment...

Posted
  • Please Help, so scared - Bartholin Cyst

Hi  Please could someone help me! I have scared myself stupid constantly internet searching and I'm more stressed about this :-(  I'm 29 and I felt a grape sized lump just under a week ago and went to the Dr. She said it is a Bartholin cyst and I should just try and forget about it!!...

Last reply
  • Help please! Bartholin's cyst and Im just 17

I'm very scared, I have a tumor like thing down there, I searched about it and got to know about bartholins cyst. I've not been to doctors yet and I really don't wanna go because I'm very embarrased, I'll die but I won't let anyone check it. I noticed this lump on 19th and got...

Last reply
  • HOME REMEDY FOR BARTHOLIN'S ABSCESS THAT WORKS!

Hello ladies, I am writing to share my story with you and my amazing home remedy that actually works! After nearly three years of suffering from these horrible, nasty, painful monsters, I finally found a cure. I had my first abcsess at 25, it was excrutiating pain and went to the size of a tennis ball....

Last reply
  • I have chronic bartholin abcess help!!!

Hello, I am currently writing this from the hospital bed recovering from marsupialization surgery that was done yesterday. I am so frustrated and at my wits end about all of this. I'm hoping someone who has gone through the same can help me even if it's just knowing that I'm not alone. I'll...

Last reply
  • Need advice, just burst 5 minuets ago.

So this is the 2nd time I’ve gotten one of these cysts. First one wasn’t painful and went away on its own. Second one just started yesterday. After some research on line and a lot of reading about tea tree oil I litterly 5 minuets ago just applied some and it just burst. It’s still swollen and huge and...

Posted
  • Bartholin Cyst Removal/Excision Positive Experience

Hi ladies, I'm here to share my positive experience as there is awful or horror stories down there. 1st of all if you are reading this, you should stop doing your google reasearch before the op, this will make you anxious and negative, it's not worth it, you need to be super positive before...

Last reply
  • Worse after antibiotics?

I got the cyst pretty much over night immediately it was big (grape size) and painful got a doctor appt on the 3rd day and was prescribed antibiotics and warm water baths. The cyst is in a really weird place right at the top of labia minora. I’ve taken 3 doses of the antibiotics (I’m only on the first...

Last reply
  • I MAY HAVE FOUND THE HOLY GRAIL OF SOLUTIONS!!!

Hey Ladies! I want to start off by saying I am so so sorry you have made your way to this page, you are now part of a club that nobody wants to be in. The good thing is that after doing so much research this is a problem that is EXTREMELY common so know that you are not alone. But again I'm so sorry...

Posted
  • I need help... Bartholin cyst

Hi.. I need some help.. I have been googling back and forth for days with no results . I'm current 21 and have a very small bartholin cyst... Like small marble size.. It's been almost a week and it hasn't shown signs of going away.. I am really worried because I have had one before on...

Last reply
  • My experience of bartholin abscess/cyst

I have been reading other peoples experiences for a few years since I was first diagnosed with having an enlarged bartholin gland around 4 years ago. I thought it was about time to write my own experience down. I first noticed a small, hard lump on my left side. It wasn't painful, but it was slightly...

Last reply
  • Question about word catheter healing

I had a Bartholin Cyst treated with a word catheter twice. The first time I had the catheter inn the balloon pooped and it was only in for 12 days. Not all of the cyst had drained and it came back large again and quickly. So I tried the word catheter again, determined to leave it in. So I made it to...

Last reply
  • Severe constipation after marsupialization.. Need help

I had marsupialization on 19th October.. Came home the same day.. Was in a lot of pain but managed to pull it together.. The problem is I got constipation after the procedure and it's been 5 days.. It's really hard and very uncomfortable.. I'm scared to try as I'm afraid that it may rip...

Last reply
  • hard lump after incision and drainage... help!

Hi everyone,  I had an abcess that was treated with an drainage operation and word catheter. Unfortunately it was unsuccessful and the abcess grew bigger so they sliced me on the outside, did the drainage and used a packing gauze that was taken out the next day. Its been a week since and the pain...

Last reply
  • TEA BREW--------ONLY PERMANENT SOLUTION that worked for me

Hello-- I had my first Bartholin Cyst at 26.  I was unaware what it was at the time, but knew something was wrong.  I was lucky, and the cyst went away on its own after a few days.  This continued for years, but the cyst did not grow, and always went away after a few day, so I thought...

Last reply
  • Nerve damage 17 weeks since surgery bartholin gland removal

As some of you know I had a bartholin cyst and gland removed on 13 September 2016. Well it's the worst decision I've ever made. After surgery I ended up with a hematoma as well as infections etc. I'm now in my 17th week since surgery and still in severe pain down there 😔 my surgeon...

Last reply
  • Recurring bartholins cyst what should I do?

I first noticed a lump January 2015 I was 17 and didn't think anything of it until one day I felt poorly and couldn't sit down or walk for the pain, grew to the size of an orange, went to gp she gave me antibiotics, the pain went but the lump still was quite large. I ignored it and it went away...

Last reply
  • Update on my last post about I&D-not a BC?!

I made a post the other night after coming home from a trip to the ER due to the pain I was experiencing. I had it drained, no catheter placed. Since then I was in agony-I didn't get the relief I expected. I was miserable all weekend, wondering if this was really supposed to be so painful after..something...

Posted
  • Can't poo after draining of Bartholin Cyst HELP!!

9 months ago i had my first Bartholin cyst, I'm 30. It grew as large as a golf ball and i was in a lot of pain so went to my GPs & they prescribed antibiotics. I spent a week in bed and within two weeks everything was okay only i still had a pea sized lump. The GP said this may happen and there...

Last reply
  • Just had my BC lanced at the ER. Here's my experience.

Hi all I figured I would make this post while the details are still fresh just in case it might help someone else. I have an appointment with a new gyno on Monday but the pain became so unbearable I couldn't wait. At first, my boyfriend took me to the Urgent Care. I waited and waited to be seen,...

Posted
  • what to expect with a bartholin cyst and marsupialisation

I had a marsupialisation yesterday and would like to explain it for those who may be facing one. My family physicians first attempt to drain a very large bartholin abcess was unsuccesful. I was immediately prescribed an antibiotoc which did indeed reduce some of the symptoms of infection (fever, pain...

Last reply
  • I’m only 13 and I think I have a vaginal cyst

I’m only 13 and I am a virgin, it hurts like hell and it’s massive, really big, I can hardly walk properly and I’m scared to tell my mam or see my gp I’m so embarrassed but can anyone help me please, I can’t go to school tomorrow like this!!!😔

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.