Skip to content

Bartholin's Cyst

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Home Remedy for Bartholin Cyst that WORKS!

I'm 24 and starting getting bartholin cysts just over a year ago. It has recurred at least 6 or 7 times, and I have had an Incision and Drainage performed twice, one under local anesthetic and once under general. I can't stress enough, GET THE GENERAL! The needle with the anesthetic was BEYOND...

Last reply
  • Reoccurring Bartholin cyst and want to start a family...

Has anyone had a Bartholin's cyst that is not abscessed/infected and got pregnant? If so, can you tell me about your experience? I had it drained once in early May of this year, but it came right back... Not sure if it's worth getting it drained again before I start trying to get pregnant (in...

Posted
  • Recurring bartho cyst.

First in july 2017.got it drained in hospital.2nd in November 2017...had marspulization.3rd in February 2018...keflex ( antibiotic) worked.4th recently felt on 26th june same antibiotic worked.and now again I have swelling redness and light pain in same right side.GP said she wouldn't recommend antibiotic...

Last reply
  • Bartholin Marsupialization recovery

I am a fit and healthy 26 year old female and I am 7 days post op for my Bartholin Marsuplialization. The cyst was originally the size of a marble and didn't bother me, but it grew overnight into a painful golf ball sized lump, I went to the emergency room and had the marsupialization done under...

Last reply
  • Can't poo after draining of Bartholin Cyst HELP!!

9 months ago i had my first Bartholin cyst, I'm 30. It grew as large as a golf ball and i was in a lot of pain so went to my GPs & they prescribed antibiotics. I spent a week in bed and within two weeks everything was okay only i still had a pea sized lump. The GP said this may happen and there...

Last reply
  • Bartholin Cyst word catheter

Okay so I had my BC drained and a word cath stitched in. I’ve had it for 5 days and everything was going well until this morning. I noticed bright red blood and a clear snotty fluid leaking out. I’m getting nervous as to why this just started. Im concerned that if I get aroused in any way this will continue...

Last reply
  • Bartho gland removal surgery

How long one should have to stay in hospital generally. Just wondering if the gland is removed from one side...can the cyst start coming back in other side in most cases.chances are less or high that it can reoccur on.other side

Last reply
  • HOME REMEDY FOR BARTHOLIN'S ABSCESS THAT WORKS!

Hello ladies, I am writing to share my story with you and my amazing home remedy that actually works! After nearly three years of suffering from these horrible, nasty, painful monsters, I finally found a cure. I had my first abcsess at 25, it was excrutiating pain and went to the size of a tennis ball....

Last reply
  • Marsupilization aftercare and pain

Hi. New to these forums so just looking for a little advice. Had marsupilization on Monday, all went ok and as soon as I came around from general I felt no pain as I was numb. Today is Friday (4days later). I have a noticeable amount of yellow pus coming from the wound which has today started showing...

Last reply
  • Bartholin Gland Removal

I got my left gland removed last friday. And I am in absolute pain. I can’t sit or walk. And my left labia feels numb.  Is this normal? & it burns. When will it stop hurting 

Posted
  • Bartholin gland removal

Hi everyone. Just wondering had anyone had their bartholin gland removed? I'm am currently on abscess number 16. 16th in 2years. My last 2 burst just over a week ago and it's now back again. I've bee. Referred to a&e by my doctor but I am in so much pain right now I can't even get...

Last reply
  • My Bartholin Cyst Experience - Abscess and Cathedar

I had my first in January and I had never even heard of this before! At first I thought I'd had an in-grown hair or some such thing and within days I obviously knew it was something frightful. I thought my labia looked like the elephant man's disease! I could feel a lump the size of a marble...

Last reply
  • DRAINING A CYST THAT IS NOT INFECTED?

Do any members here use "Phoebe's Method" (and similar 'remedies' on Cysts that are not yet infected? Mine is not an abscess (yet). BUT I have had two abscesses in the past, and I would really like to avoid them getting to that stage. Any tips are appreciated. So far.... - This...

Last reply
  • Bartholin cyst a day after word catheter fell out

So I had a 5cm Bartholin cyst during pregnancy. After the baby, I went the hospital and had a word catheter put in. It remained in for 2 weeks and 2 days and fell out on Wednesday. However yesterday I saw that I have a cyst in the same place about 1.5-2cm so a lot smaller. I thought the new opening would...

Last reply
  • Lump inside vagina? Or not opened up

hello guys so I’ve only ever had sex once, I can fit up till three fingers inside tho. Recently I put my fingers very deep and I felt something inside and then next to was a little hole so only my one finger went deeper. I have no idea if it’s a lump. It doesn’t feel like one. It just feels like that...

Last reply
  • Bartholin gland removal question

Hi! I've had a Bartholin Gland Cyst "off and on" for two years now.  They are cyclical in that they get larger and larger until right before my period, they burst.  I have gotten them lanced and that only helps temporarily.  It always comes back in a few weeks.  My...

Last reply
  • Home remedy for Bartholin Cyst

I had a Bartholin cyst, didn't think much of it but then after about 10 days it got very big and became infected. I took a course of anti-biotics and also looked into alternative treatments, the antibiotics seemed to take care of the infection but the fluid in the cyst remained. I also found a...

Last reply
  • Helpppp

I am currently going through my first BC. And this thing is a real b***h. I had some discomfort the week before last and just chocked it up to razor bumps. On Tuesday the pain was gut wrenching. I googled vaginal cysts and found BC as a diagnosis. Wednesday morning I went before work and got the mixture...

Last reply
  • I'm 26 and just had a marsupilation of bartholin cyst si...

I'm 26 and just had a marsupilation of bartholin cyst six days ago. I was not at all prepared for how it would look afterwards and have been in a lot of discomfort since!! I've also been somewhat concerned that the area is very bruised and feels hard, but perhaps after only a week this is normal...

Last reply
  • sex after cyst removal

Hi. I'm 42 and had a suburethral/bartholins cyst removed a week ago. It was causing pain urinating and during intercourse and wouldn't go with antibiotics. Finally plucked up the courage to 'investigate' in the bath today. The whole area feels hard and I still have pain on sitting. Having...

Last reply
  • Bartholin Abscesses Incision

HI! I had my abscess drained 3 days ago. It was packed with gauze, which was removed at home yesterday. How long should I expect to wait before the incision heals?

Last reply
  • Cyst or something worse?

I found a lump on the side of my vagina, it is not visible and doesn’t hurt. I left it thinking it might go away on its own but yesterday I noticed a brown-ish (unsure if it contained blood) discharge and haven’t been able to sleep! I’m 21, and am on the pill. It’s where I THINK a Bartholin Cyst is but...

Last reply
  • White ulcer near vagina hole

I tried to couch with a tampon and apple cider vinegar with water it was painful on one side on my entrance and I took the tampon out I believe I broke the skin and it left me with s white sore it’s flat , hurts it I wipe to rough . Can anyone help 

Last reply
  • Suspected Bartholin's cyst! Can anyone help?

Hello everyone, Hoping someone can help? I found a lump on the inside of my vagina (right side) about 10 days ago, I got prescribed 1 week of antibiotics, this took the pain away but the size remained the same. I then went back for another check up, they gave me some stronger antibiotics (i'm now...

Last reply
  • Bartholin Cyst that isn’t infected

So I have had 2 Bartholin cysts in the past, both of them turned into abscesses. They were so painful that the first time I had to go to the ER, it was unbearable! So this is my third Bartholin Cyst and it is not infected. What should I do? I’ve been reading up on ways to get it to drain (applying Apple...

Posted
  • Is this a Bartholin’s cyst?

I have had this white, hard on the inside, cyst just inside my vulva for a few months. It doesn’t hurt and has not changed in size. Is this a Bartholins cyst or something different?

Posted
  • Bartholin cyst

I really don’t know what to do, off and on for 12 years now I’ve had reoccurring Bartholin cyst. The last 4 years have been the worst. I’ve had the  marsupialization Surgery done on both sides still didn’t work. 90% of the time it comes on the same side but it will go to the other side as well....

Last reply
  • My Bartholin cyst story and tips on preventing flare-ups

I got my first Bartholin's cyst after I'd been experiencing mild recurring uti like symtopms. I love wearing tights and dresses, and spanx underneath my jeans/pants. Any way, I noticed soreness but ignored it at first, it only got worse. I thought my vagina was irritated due to the tampons but...

Last reply
  • Recurring Bartholin Cysts

I have had Bartholing Cyst sergury last month and I think it has returned.  There is a hard lump where the Cyst was, it hurts to sit and I can feel it sometimes when I walk.  I can feel it when I lie on my side in bed, I can feel it when I wipe myself (sorry tmi) this would be the 3rd...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.