10 days without citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am now 10 days without citalopram, although I am super proud of myself I’m just wondering if anyone has suffered with the following....

-forgetting words in a sentence

-jaw ache

-tired

My main concern is forgetting words when I’m talking and then my mind goes blank. 

Any advice would be great or shared experiences. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I should imagine its initial higher anxiety from stopping cit, ie a side effect. They are all side effects of anxiety. Either they will eventually lessen and cease, it could take a couple of months, or if you werent ready to come off cit, they could increase, and you need to go back onto cit. Youve come down well from 10mg to nothing in 6 weeks. Just keep an eye on your symptoms, and your well being for the next couple of months. As long as they dont get worse, then its just a matter of waiting.

• Posted

Yes!! Exactly the same! Jaw ache because I have been grinding my teeth, especially when I sleep. I was/am an English major yet cannot string a sentence together somedays. Seems like I have lost my vocabulary. So strange.

Exhausted most days but sometimes get weird energy surges.

Crazy med for sure. Hoping things will improve the further I get away from it. Good luck to you! Hang in there! SHANA

• Posted

Hi Nicky, it all sounds very normal to me, I have had that coming off meds, you have come off these fairly quickly hence the strong withdrawal symptoms. Hang in there, go with it and try not to let it scare you.
  • Posted

Hi Nicky, did sometimes, forget or struggle for words before the Cits?  My depression caused this, the Cits seem to help a lot for me I’m that area, but as soon as I try to come off them, I also struggle again with conversation, tiredness & dizziness, so I now settle for a low dose of 5 mg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.