10 mg just started

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just took my first dose 10 mg.  So as I am reading comments most say it makes you sleepy.  Dr gave no instructions except take once a day. Is it best to take before bed time?  I am looking for help as I do not want to even get out of my PJ,s , go out of the house or even speak to anyone on the phone.  Hope these pills works..Also, on my drug insert said may cause weight loss ( this would be great) Is this true.  Have Dr appt in one month will I have any results by then?  Glad I found this thread..Thank you all...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I started taking 10mg 4 months ago had very slight symptoms, a loss of appetite and did make me a,bit sleepy. I took it at 10am in the morning and am now up to 40mg.

It increased my anxiety a bit and if you feel that the Dr should give you something for that.

I started feeling sone improve in my state of mind during the 3rd and 4th week. Got better and better and better when level increased. I am told that I am on the,right dose for me now because I am so balanced.

I do also take 5mg of Clonaxepam to prevent anxiety attacks. I take that in the morning too.

• Posted

Hi Judy, the side effects are different for everyone.  I take mine in the morning, but to be honest I am thinking of changing to night time as I've suffered with nausea - which is why people usually lose weight (so I hope you dont get this one!).

Take it at whichever time suits you, try night time and if you start getting insomnia then change to day time.  It may make you feel worse to start with, but stick with it.  It isnt an overnight recovery, but every day is a step closer.

Stay strong xxx

• Posted

Taking the cot at bedtime works for me. I have gained weight.
  • Posted

Morning Judy,

As touched upon Cita may have side effects however, as we are all unique individuals and being similar yet so different we may not get as many or the same side effects as others nor the intensity either.  It all boils down to how much damage there is for this sticking plaster for the brain to repair and how we cope.

Remembering that we are so different you will read many posts that will not apply to you so, please try not to think too much about these nor over worry about them either.  Try and pick out the relevant ones and take it from there.

Expect the unexpected and if you do get some side effects by all means post any questions at all that will help you make sense of them.  One thing to realise is that Cita can cause anxiety to be anle to treat it.  I didn't even think I had any until Cita started to work and after a little time of adjustment I got on with things, I also got under my emergency duvet too sometimes!  An emergency duvet is like a comforter or safety net for those days when you get out of bed, but that is about it.  Having an emergency duvet in yer favourite room outside the bedroom is very handy for when you just want to crawl under something and curl up to shut the rest of the world out.

Once I had gotten over the initial side effects I decided to do things to help my own recovery.  It has been a process, but I eventually busied myself with things other than what brought me here in the first place 'work'. 

About 21 months ago I came here due to work related stress and 6 months later I distanced myself from that and those that were complicit in my illness. I changed my lifestyle by ceasing to put rubbish and chemicals into my body.  Stopped smoking gave up drinking (although I like the odd bottle of ale these days, but it isn't a necessity.

Re the weight thing some have gain some have loss.  I put on some weight due to comfort food in the early days when I have a little nausea and after when I felt I needed it - what the heck!  This can be countered by the fact that regular exercise is extremely good to help the body and mind heal.

Keep up the regular, at least once a month, appoointments with your GP and if you can make notes on how you feel so you don't forget if yer having a 'fuzzy' day.

I am currently still on 40mg and after my next appointment in two weeks I hope to give reducing a go, but it has been (for me) this long as I had a couple of unrelated illnesses and bereavements which knocked me back a bit.  Some people can take less time to recover where, as you may giess, others take longer.  As it is that is because we are individuals.

In the meantime.  Keep reading, but try not to over think or worry, keep posting, no matter hoe silly it may feel because, we have all been there!

All that is left for me to say is Welcome to The Club!  

It can be a rough old road, buut many of us have been there and we are here to help!  Just ask.

Best Regards,

David

• Posted

Your respone is comforting and informative.  Will stay in touch with my progress.   If you can see this picture this is how I feel some days..
    • Posted

😀. Been there. Hang in there. It gets better as the clouds clear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.