10 months after a total knee replacement

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a total knee replacement 10 months ago. My knee feels strange as though it hasnt stuck together properly.

Does anyone else feel like this. Also when I am in bed I cannot put pressure on my knee when I sleep on my side it feels like

I am pushing my knee to one side.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

RTKR 5 months ago I still have to sleep with a pillow strategically placed between my knees when on my side. Knee is uncomfortable otherwise. However the fact that your knee "feels unglued"or disconnected what does your dR say.

• Posted

I'm not sure what you mean about it not feeling stuck together. Does it feel loose and do you have any pain? Maybe it's the soft tissue that needs strengthening still? Have you seen a doctor or physio about it?

I'm coming up to 8 months and have some soft tissue issues still. My physio is giving me exercises and stretches to help.

• Posted

I am at 10 months too. My knee cap is on the side and when I roll over in bed i can feel something moving. i have to roll over slowly otherwise i get a sharp pain. i also us a small pillow between my knees for support.

. In 2 weeks I am having revision surgery. My leg is not straight and the patella is on the side and is chipped. They have to remove and put in a new knee and will have to put in steel posts to replace bone loss. With the new knee Ive never been able to do leg raises. I understand the recuperation period is much slower than before. I cringe at having to go through the procedure again but I dont have options. i have focused on exercising and building my leg muscles. I have a new surgeon who has experience with revision. There are 2 surgeons for my replacement and I will be at an orthopedic hospital.

• Posted

I've had revision surgery already just 18 months after the original TKR. The tibial part of the implant has been replaced with a plastic part but the femur part is the original. I don't think the plastic implant is going to last long, the surgeon has told me he's left it loose on purpose I guess its so that he can replace it without damaging the bone.

• Posted

Snoozy....what was your recuperation like? I have been told its much slower and not to push the knee...take it easier. also that its a 2 year recuperation period.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.