10 months in...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Wanted to say thanks for all the other posts in this forum! It's very reassuring to find other people have had similar symptoms and recovered! I spent months terrified that I was dying of something horrific and doctors couldn't find a name for what was wrong... they didn't diagnose the Epstein Barr for six months. I'm now back at work part time (after 5 months off), it's a struggle and requires alternating with rest days and I've learned the hard way I've got to be military about my self-care but I'm a lot closer to normal now. Still have to work on not thinking

there's something more, but I try! Mindfulness has helped. So - hello and thanks!

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh dear - thought I was doing quite well but now I'm getting anxious again. These weird glandular fever symptoms make me a bit paranoid. I get tingles in my face sometimes and weird watery feelings near my ears. Also horrible headaches sometimes. Saw an article yesterday in paper about a girl with a brain tumour and now it's started me feeling anxious again...

• Posted

Rosie, the less news you read or hear the less you have to deal and cope with. This will lessen your stress.

I get face pain and feels like things are crawling up one side of my head and in my hair.

This virus will torment you emotional. Please try not to let it take over your thoughts. I know it is a battle we are all fighting!

My anxiety this am has been a struggle for me.

Ypu had ask about my gi symptoms and I don't think I had answered other than had always had the. More or less IBS symptoms.

Bouts with diahrrea, constipation, bloating and pain..

Worse when stressed or have eaten food I react to. I try to be very strict with my diet.

How long are your new symptoms lasting?

I try not to even look at any news. I am emotional and find I don't need added stressers!

Think good thoughts. You have been very ill and the virus attacks all systems. They are all healung and present with strange symptoms. Not necessarily bad just strange.

You are heading!

Rhonda

• Posted

Sorry to hear you've not had an easy morning either. I've been panicking most of the day and doing breathing exercise after breathing exercise! Have calmed down a bit now I think. I had my thyroid drugs raised recently and think that has contributed as high thyroid levels make you really 'racey' think I've got to go back to doctor tomo try to get it sorted, can't work in this state and really don't want to have to go off again.

Hope you're feeling a bit better now

• Posted

Glad you have calmed a bit. Thyroid meds can definitely make a difference.

Are you hyper or hypo thyroid?

Best wishes.

Prayers, Rhonda

• Posted

Thanks. I had my thyroid removed a few years ago so I'd be zero-thyroid unless I took tablets lol! So they're aiming for normal with the dose but had put it too low end of last year (exhaustion) so theyve jacked it way up and now it's too high it's a bit of a balancing act!! And confusing with the glandular fever symptoms overlap but hopefully these things will gradually settle into a happy pattern!!

• Posted

I can see where it can be different to separate the symptoms. I felt wired but exhausted when I was diagnosed with ebv.

Will be happy when the med is balanced and you are again feeling better.

Best of health wishes.

Rhonda

• Posted

Thanks Rhonda, best of health wishes to you too. Let me know how you're doing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.