10 months of knee pain!

Posted , 4 users are following.

September 2017  I was a pedestrian crossing the street , when I was hit by a Chevy Cruz . My head hit the windshield, my shoulder and my hip made deep dents in the car and my left knee hit the grill of the car . When the car finally hit the brakes I was on the ground . Some how I managed to stand up and I noticed my hip was swollen out of my pants and I couldn’t walk .

My entire left leg is swollen from my hip to my foot and for 5 months it was More than difficult to bend my knee . 

So here I am 10 months later still suffering from pain , limping  , and difficulties climbing stairs 

This accident makes me more and more depressed as I am not able to continue a regular life 

What should I do ????

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    To add ...

    I’ve been seeing my family doctor regularly.  

    I’ve been going to physio therapy for 10 months . 

    I can cycle slowly but consistently on a work out bicycle 


    And perform a variety of stretches

    I stretch every single day at least 3 times a day and I still feel pain in stretching

    I try to ice and elevate my leg at least 5 times a week 

    The only treatment that I see good results in is acupuncture! I have only done 2 sessions can feel a decrease in pain . 

    I’ve had x rays 

    On my hip and knee  that revealed no fuctures or broken bones 

    I’ve had an ultrasound that revealed soft tissue damage but my leg is still in alignment 

    I’ve had and MRI 1 week ago and am waiting for those results 

    And finally I only use Tylenol extra strength for days where I am in unbearable days . I am not dependent on other medications because I want to track the progress of my leg to insure it heals properly 

    After all of this ! I still have pains in my back my neck ,my  spine is sprained in 2 places 


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I'm so sorry to hear of what your going through, life is hell for you at the moment.

    Have you had xray's to see what may be wrong. 

    Have you seen a Consultant at a hospital that specialises in your problems?.

    Perhaps you could start 'swimming' as its low impact, but the whole body can feel the benefit.

    Best Wishes



    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    The #1 person is an orthopedic surgeon.  Get the imaging done to make sure there is no structural damage. This should have been done IMMEDIATELY after the accident and paid for by the driver's car insurance.  If you have not filed a claim, YOU MUST DO SO!!!.

    After that, no one knows.  The ortho must do the imaging and make a diagnosis.  You don't want to start on painkillers that only mask the underlying case of the pain.  You must find out what's wrong and only an ortho can do that.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I agree with Chico you need to see a ortho specialist to find out what's going on also Don t rush your recovery you had a lot of damage God Bless Doctor Specialist and Car Insurance

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up