10 months of on going testicular pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been to countless doctors appointments, had varicocele surgery and still getting pain in my testicles, this has been happening for 10 months! For crying out loud, its hard to keep my cool, but it really bothering me, its bothers me every day, excpt a coupple weeks ago it went away for a week for the first time in a very long time it went away but it came back last week and i really dont know what to do anymore...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rory, sorry to hear you're still having problems. The more I look into success rates of testicular ops the more I think not being fixed is the norm sadly.

Have you had any spermatic nerve block injections? I had these last year and it gave a couple of months of pain relief. The 2nd lot I had done unfortunately only worked for a few days.

On the back of this I'm going to have a denervation operation to my right testicle just before Christmas. This, I'm told, should stop relaying pain messages to my brain. Like you, I'm sceptical of this being resolved but am running out of options, so once again I'm hoping the 'experts' can get it sorted.

Sorry to go on about me I'm this post, just thought I'd put down all that's going on and hopefully some of it might be relevant to you.

Paul

• Posted

Thanks paul i always find it helpfull seeing other people in the same situation, im thinking of getting a nurve block, on of the doctors told me about it so i think im gonna have to get it
  • Posted

Has the varicocele been successfully treated? Have you had this checked on an ultra sound? My varicocele used to be really painful the pain even used to shoot into my hip. I had to have two operations to finally be rid of it.  I had an operation which didn’t help then an embolization. I’ve been ok for the years since the embolisation now. 
    • Posted

No they havent bothered doing another ultrasound after the surgery even after all the complications that iv explaind to them, but im gonna ask if they can do one
  • Posted

Doesn't sound like you're getting the best follow up treatment, and you guys have to pay for everything? I'd be p****d to say the least!

You might have already had one/know what I'm on about, but make sure they give you a dopler ultrasound which shows blood flow as well as varicoceles/cysts etc. Thought I'd mention this as my normal ultrasound shows a mild recurrence of the varicocele, but the dopler shows the op successful and blood flow normal. So my problems clearly lie elsewhere.

Might help in separating whatever problems you have, hopefully towards a more defined treatment route that might actually work.

Nerve blocks are very hit and miss, so don't build your hopes up it'll 'cure' you. With any luck you'll get a good bit of relief though if you go for this.

Paul

• Posted

Yeah i know the ultrasound your talking about, i wanna get one to see how my bloodflow is now after the surgery, if it is the varicocele that was causing the pain then im pretty sure the pain would have gone away by now. Maybe the surgery wasnt a success ?  im pretty set on getting the nurve block, i have a doctors appointment on thursday, even if it only works for a few days, it'd be nice to be pain free for once 

• Posted

It's worth a try Rory, I had 2 weeks of pain free bliss and it's a real lift.

Just be aware that it can be quite depressing if the pain comes back, something to keep in mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.