10 months PO TKR and my leg is giving way with pain....

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have pain on getting up from a chair and my leg is giving way with pain on the very outer leg as I start to walk. Pain is high on the lower leg...just below the knee and between the two lower leg bones.....I am disconcerted after such a long time post op...has anyone experienced this before and what was your solution? I am due to be signed off from my clinic on 18th December but looking for help before then if possible...thanks guys....x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I had my knee replaced about 18 months ago. I still have trouble

when I get out of bed standing on it, when I sit & try to stand up it

hurts going up the stairs not down. I still have pain. I seen my Doctor

for my one year post op. He said maybe I should go back to PT also I

have been trying to lose weight not that I am that much over weight.

It may even be the weather. I just want to stop being in pain. It is much

better than before the surgery. I use to fall all the time. Good Luck, as

everyone is different with their treatments.

• Posted

Not sure if I described the area properly....it is not under the knee above the shin but on the lateral side of the leg at the top of the bones......but still slightly under the knee joint....any better....where's Chico when I need him - yet again...ha ha...xxx

• Posted

Have you done the full muscle rebuild work to take the pressure off the knee and put it back on the supporting musculature where it belongs?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.