10 months post op bone/hardware protruding from spine??/

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello Everyone and thank you for reading.

10 months after full spinal surgery. lovely scar from top to bottom. Titanium rods & 26 screws. I could not feel my spine at all, physically. Then a couple weeks ago, a new pain & felt a protrusion on the lower left side, a couple days later, protrusion on the right side along with an immense increase in pain. Then yesterday after having a mammogram. For most people it's no problem being in the positions needed for a mammo. For me, it was difficult to stand in these slightly twisted, awkward ways. An hour later on both sides of my spine could feel protrusions between my shoulder blades. I don' t know if they are my vertebrae or the hardware. Fortunately, I see my surgeon in 7 days, however, feel anxious and hoped someone here has an idea of what is happening.

If your on this spinal forum then you all have faced some kind of spinal trauma, I wish you all health, happiness and some relief from pain. Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.