Skip to content
Ad

Spinal Problems

Also known as Klippel-Feil Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Leg tinglings and muscle spasms in calves

I'm hoping someone can help me here, ive been having neurological problems for a while now, they went and have now come back, I have no pain but I do have constant tingling in my lower legs and muscle spasms in my calves, I'm very worried about it but not anxious, I have a neurology appointment...

Last reply
  • SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR SIDE EFFECTS

have had s c s. almost 1yr. have had 2 major infections 11 days hospitalisation & had to go into theatre to have wound opened and flushed out with antibiotics. also had to have first implant battery replaced as it was in wrong angle and wouldn't charge!! have had spinal fusion and failed back...

Last reply
  • Post lumbar laminectomy

Hi there. I am a 50 year old female who had lumbar laminectomy at L3/4 eight weeks ago for lumbar stenosis and spondylolisthesis. The surgeon also performed a dynamic stabilisation at this level. As I understand it, this involves the insertion of a flexible and rod and screws, similar to fusion but...

Last reply
  • Left testicle pain after L5,S1 fusion.

Hello, ​I had L5,S1 fusion with rods and screws in Feb 2016. Since then my back and leg pain have got any better. I have developed in the last year a pain in my left testicle, It is a dull pain but if something brushes against it I get severe shooting pain. I have to be so careful with it. Does anyone...

Last reply
  • Worried About My Sister !

Hi, My sister has chronic pain and had a ministroke a year or so ago and is on blood thinners and statins,  she has also continued taking her anti inflammatories which a new doctor is insisting she comes off and she is rather distraught.......  wondered if there are any oher ways to reduce...

Last reply
  • 2 herniated disc 17 year old female

Hello to whoever is reading, I'm 17 and have been suffering with a herniated disc in the lumbar region for 3 years and had no treatments due to cancellations or going to my appointments and not being able to be seen after waiting for 4 months + for my appointments. over the years it has gotten worse...

Last reply
  • How do others feel post surgery 4 level fusion

I have had 4 level fusion and two level laminectomy due to a benign tumor. I am 5.mths post.surgery and find it hard to sit for long.of time.or.walk distances etc. As my spin is fused now.from t10 to l4 I and preying that one day I will be pain free. I.hd.no choice with the surgery due to chordia equina....

Last reply
  • Post Fusion Stomach Paralysis &Doctors

I'm 36 I've had a discectomy and thoracic Fusion for herniated disc, as I woke up from surgery I said something is wrong and my stomach hurt extremely bad it kind of feels as if there are nerves from the spine attached to the stomach that are causing the paralysis, 4 months post surgery I am...

Posted
  • Could my mystery ilnesses be Spinal Stenosis?

Hi Everyone! I am aged 48 and for the last 5 or so years I have been plagued with what I thought were mostly unrelated illnesses, cumulatively they have caused my quality of life to diminish greatly. The symptoms I have are: Peripheral Neuropathy and Neuralgia Sciatic pain from lumbar down back of...

Last reply
  • Compressing L5 (pressing on nerve root) and buldging L4

Hi all totally new to these forums but thought i would give it a go! I always like to hear others experiences... So I am 28 with 2 children under 6 and have suffered with a bad back for many years. After the children it deteriorated even further into long periods of time of sever pains in back of legs...

Last reply
  • Tissue between two vertebrae worn away

I have a spinal issue which has been a problem on and off for years and has maybe got steadily worse. the cause is clear: because I have a visual impairment, in order to write I lean forward to a marked degree and also when I use the computer quite often.  The net result is that I have...

Last reply
  • St. Jude spinal cord stimulator, no pain relief

hi, i had the st. Jude spinal cord stimulator implanted on May 16th, it is the newer one where you don't feel the vibration. I have gotten no pain relief, maby 5%.  It has helped with my siatic leg pain, but no relief for my lower back. I am in severe pain and the reps have pretty much chalked...

Last reply
  • St. Jude's new Spinal Cord Stimulator

I had the news St. Jude's Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted on 12/7/2016. It's the one that has a 5yr battery and is programmed with an iPod. It's also MRI compatible. I'm trying to find out if anyone else is having the same issues that I'm having. At 21 weeks I got a message on my...

Posted
  • SCS effective if there's no back pain?

I had laminectomy surgery (L4-L5, and L5-S1) 4 years ago, after steroid injections provided only limited relief from the simultaneous numbness in my legs and peripheral neuropathy in my feet.  That surgery instantly removed the numbness in my legs.  However, after a few weeks, the peripheral...

Last reply
  • Help! Need Surgery for bilateral foraminal stenosis at C5/6

Hi I have been referred by my Orthopaepedic Consultant to a Spinal Consultant and put on his list for surgery (NHS). However I have been told by friends that I should have been referred to a Neurosurgeon for the operation on my spine as it involves pinched nerve. Can anyone tell me if this is correct...

Last reply
  • Lumbar Fusion surgery - what I wish I had known

Hi all For 6 years my life was severely affected by back pain. Nearly 8 months ago I finally took the plunge and had Spinal fusion (L4-5). I struggled to find any real information about this operation or accounts from those who had done it, so I have written a blog about the surgery and recovery. I...

Last reply
  • spondylitic spondylolisthesis

after suffering with my back for roughly 5 years . i virtually begged my doctor for an x tay . the findings were spondylitic spondylolisthesis . . the dramatic effect on my life and mobility is obvious , and i do not think that people realise this . from the moment i wake and stand upright , i experience...

Last reply
  • LOSS OF LUMBAR LORDOSIS-BACK PAIN

I have been suffering from back pain since my childhood. Every Day i am suffering from Back pain at sides of vertrebral column. It pains a lot when I did not get Adequate sleep. When I sleep for less time period then the NEXT DAY I feel like to get suicide. I could not concentrate on any task. But when...

Posted
  • X-ray shows wear and tear on cervical spine and shoulder

Lots of pain mainly referred for past 3 months. GP has just precribed painkillers. Had to fight to get an x-ray - now they've prescibed gabapentin too. Refused ro refer me for MRI - treatment guidelines are the same so pointless they say. Welcome to the NHS in the UK! Considering paying myself...

Last reply
  • Chronic point pain in neck near c7

I am 26 and I have been diagnosed with early dessication at c7 level of neck. There is no nerve picking as such or any disk bulge as per MRI report. I was slightly forward postured which is now corrected a lot. Recently my chiropractor said I have cervical osteophyte which is pinching nerve and thus...

Last reply
  • L5 S1 issues.

Hi. Can anyone shed any light on my situation. I have been having some back issues for 2.5 years now and am getting different opinions from different areas of the medical community. I had an MRI scan done 12 months ago as i was having mild lower back pain, tingling as well as some cramping in my lower...

Last reply
  • I have been in pain for almost 3 months now

I had a SCS put in back in Feb. everything went great. I felt good except for soreness from the surgery. A few days before going back to work in April I felt so good I went to the Gym, went and washed my car at a car wash using the wand, then went and picked 3 ice cream buckets of strawberries. A few...

Last reply
  • Difficulty walking after Implanation of stimulator.

I had a stimulator (BURST) implanted on 3/2/17.  I am having excruciating pain in the right buttocks going down outernpart of my leg to my foot.  This pain does not allow me to walk anywhere.....even ny own home.  It has not dissapated in any way shape or form.  I have had 3 reprogramming....

Last reply
  • Needing advice regarding ACDF or PCDF

Hi. I'm a 41 year old female with severe spinal stenosis on my C4,5 & 6 vertebraes. Most days I do not consider myself to be in so much pain that I can't tolerate it and have numbing and cold down my arms once a week or so but not all the time. I was told I should get a decompression and...

Last reply
  • Sciatics - bilateral

For over a week now  I've had sciatica around my left hip and upper thigh that does not spread down the whole of the leg but occurs only when lifting my left leg up is it painful.   And now from yesterday I can feel sciatic pain around the outside  my lower right...

Last reply
  • Weight loss at top of leg through spinal stenosis

Just wondering if anyone else with severe spinal stenosis has had any weight loss at the top of their legs?  Both my legs are getting weaker and weaker with more pain. But the most worrying thing is the weight coming off. I already have a numb foot through a prolapsed disc a few years ago, with...

Last reply
  • Corrective lumbar fusion surgery

Hi guys I'm back again, so I had a l4/5 fusion 14 years ago and have had trouble ever since, been told there's nothing they can do it's wear and tear, I'm not buying it really, Iv had a few people look at my scans and said there's nothing serious enough that could explain the amount...

Last reply
  • Thotatic spine problem a constant pain please help

My thoratic spine pain is horrible . Between shoulder blades it is constant . It feels like a burning sensation and drives me mad . Can anyone please tell me if they are suffering the same symptoms or if they have done in the past . Just need to know I'm not only one

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.