Skip to content

Spinal Problems

Also known as Klippel-Feil Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Sinal Prblems

I had accident at work and have had two quarter zone injections since accident. I find hard to stand for long periods and sitting for long periods. At present I get tingling sensations with shooting pains in lower back going into hip and left knee. As I cant take Codine I am on Lyrica and Mobic. How...

Last reply
  • Boston Scientific Spinal Cord Stimulator Paddle Post Op

I am now 3 1/2 weeks post op from having the Boston Scientific SCS implanted at T5. Due to several different spinal conditions from narrowing disc space to bulges to arthritis to fractures and a twisted spinal cord that no one has ever heard of. I was doing well and am a Severely stubborn person. I sat...

Last reply
  • khi khi

Spinal Cord Stimulator

Has anyone had a spinal cord stimulator,it has been one suggestion for my husband who is still suffering after 4 years after his first surgery, he has had a further op two years ago and is still suffering immense pain, has weakness in his leg and finds walking difficult and now needs a stick to walk...

Last reply
  • Two disc herniations?! or another problem?

I am 20 years old, and had a lumbar microdisectomy last year, it hurt for several months after and had just stopped hurting the last few months.     My doctor's claimed that my severe headaches were not associated with my back, however, after my surgery, the headaches went away, and...

Last reply
  • I think I am getting tolerant to my Burst mode SCS

Has anyone else noticed this? I have had mine in now for a year and a half, it is in my lower back. I started with a non-rechargeable battery that lasted only 8 months that they blamed on me for running it too high. I have always had it high enough that in certain positions, LOL especially at Pilates...

Posted
  • Seeking Input from Schmorl's Node Sufferers

I suffered prolonged back pain along with a loss of lateral trunk flexion following accident in March. This was accompanied by rib pain that I suspected as stress fracture but wasn't able to get an MRI result until a couple of weeks ago. Though there was no finding of fracture but the radiologist...

Last reply
  • Spinal fusion questions

I am 30 years old. I am going in for my second spinal fusion... they are extending to l3-l4 and revising l4-s1 I know most spinal terms but my most recent scan shows my end plates are radiolucent? What exactly does that mean? 

Last reply
  • Scs implant 2018

I have been experiencing burning sensations in both legs with strong electrical shocks I had the implant in may of this year. I was wondering if anyone else has had simular issues. My implant was a thoracic implant,;I am wondering if maybe it is that the unit needs an update, or if this is going to ve...

Last reply
  • acdf surgery 2.5 wks ago

I had acdf surgery at c6/7 on 21st June. The first week was horrendous but by the end off week 2 I was feeling very well with minimal pain. Just a bit off an ache. Today the pain has suddenly returned in the base of my neck and I'm unable to do the exercises given to me by PT. Is this normal to...

Last reply
  • Do i have spinal problems? TEENAGER

I am 17 year old and my left side keeps being down and theres no symetry to the right one. My mom has told me that i kinda look handicaped walking cause i always put more pressure on my left leg. PLEASE TELL ME IF I SHOULD GO DO A X-ray or something like that I I am scared that it might bring many problems,...

Last reply
  • New spinal cord stimulator implant

12 days post op for Boston Scientific Spectra WaveForm SCS. Was wondering if anyone else has had issues with balance once they stood?  Feeling like my balance is off a bit. I also am still having pretty good amount of back pain.  Mostly from the area of where leads were implanted at L6-7 and...

Last reply
  • Surgery for Sciatica Whats the success rate UK

I am looking for some further advice from those who had surgical procedure for Lumbar Stenosis + Spondylolisthesis grade1 that causes sciatica pain bilateral  what was the success of your op' & which procedure did you have ?  advice very welcome. I have seen...

Last reply
  • Accute Disc Spine Degeneration

Hello, I am new to this discussion and do not have any knowledge in medical field or on this matter. My sister, who is 28 years old is dealing with Degenerate Disc Disease on her lower back spin. The disease makes her hard to walk and always in pain when she is sitting or walking. I really really want...

Last reply
  • Please help me with my MRI results

I have been suffering with ongoing back problems for over 8 years. I tried all conventional treatments such as cortisone shots, therapy, ect. I just got my newest MRI and am confused as to what the impressions are. If anyone may be of some help, Id greatly appreciate it. My spine Dr. appointment isnt...

Last reply
  • Spinal stimulator decision

Thanks to the responses on the spinal stimulators. It doesn’t sound as “ simple” as proposed to me. My MRI shows D. Disc disease, 2 bulging discs, scoliosis in lumbar region, some narrowing of spinal canal, arthritis. Two docs said either have 2-3 fusions or live with the symptoms.  The pain management...

Last reply
  • Severe muscle spasms 3 days post acdf surgery

I underwent c6/7 decompression and fusion surgery 3 days ago. I was sent home with morphine and codine which was helping a little. Now I have severe muscle spasms in my shoulder and arm. Is there anything I can take which might help? I'm struggling to move at all

Last reply
  • Looking for feedback on spinal stimulator

I’ve gotten caught in the washing machine of docs, tests, procedures,—- only to be told to either try the spinal stimulator, have 2 or 3 fusions, or live with  the symptoms. I understand docs aren’t majicians- but I’m just trying to make the best decision for me at my age. I’m a fairly active 63...

Last reply
  • Boston Scientific spinal cord stimulator woes?

Hello all! I seen a discussion on this but it was years ago so I decided to start my own. I have had my Boston Scientific spinal cord stimulator implanted in my spine since October 2009 for RSD or CRPS (whichever you prefer to call it) in my left hand when the doctor who was treating me for neck pain...

Last reply
  • Nevro

I would just like to say since my Nevro was installed 01/18, I have suffered severe groin pain 24/7.I mean since I woke up in recovery. Shut it off the end of April on another doctor's recommendation but no different. Now Nevro is trying to talk me into turning it back on to fix a problem I didn't...

Last reply
  • Issues that required removal of Nevro HF10?

Hi y'all -   I am so grateful to have just found this site and hear y'all discuss your experiences with the spinal stimulators.  I have been in pain mgmt tx for 6 years after a catastrophic accident.   My anesthesiologist/pain drs pushed for me to get a stimulator implanted...

Last reply
  • Just need some relief.........

Hi all.  This is a long story, short...... Almost 2 years ago, I had a lumbar decompression surgery. I was feeling great for about a year.....now.... Everything came back, worse.  All the pain, numbness, tingling in my legs.  Just had a new MRI and X-rays done..... And a steroid injection...

Last reply
  • SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR SIDE EFFECTS

have had s c s. almost 1yr. have had 2 major infections 11 days hospitalisation & had to go into theatre to have wound opened and flushed out with antibiotics. also had to have first implant battery replaced as it was in wrong angle and wouldn't charge!! have had spinal fusion and failed back...

Last reply
  • St. Jude spinal cord stimulator, no pain relief

hi, i had the st. Jude spinal cord stimulator implanted on May 16th, it is the newer one where you don't feel the vibration. I have gotten no pain relief, maby 5%.  It has helped with my siatic leg pain, but no relief for my lower back. I am in severe pain and the reps have pretty much chalked...

Last reply
  • Post op pain - acupuncture?

Hi I’m 29, 1 year post op from a l5/s1 spinal fusion with a l5 lamindectomy. (I had a pars fx with Isthmic spondylolisthesis. Also had periodic numbness in my right leg.)  Prior I was very active. Now I’m still having trouble with pain. I am working on my core strength but am finding it difficult...

Last reply
  • Sciatic pain 11 weeks post op decompression

Hi Everyone Just putting out some feelers really to try and determine whether Im making a fuss like a big baby or if There is actually a problem and I need to get back to the quack. I slipped a disk at the beginning of march and very quickly my foot went numb. My husband wheeled me into the Doctors...

Last reply
  • St Jude Neurostim - considerations

I looked at both St Jude and Medtronic.  My doctor convinced me the St Jude modalities would be better, and that it was MRI compatible.  Their version of MRI compatibility is to bury specs in the fine print, such that virtually no facility will do an MRI on me, and I usually need one to two...

Last reply
  • Scoliosis diagnose Need Help!

Hello my name is Mariel I have a nephew who suffers Scoliosis and is also autistic high level he is 21 years old and every day complains about the pain we are from the Dominican Republic and we would appreciate if anyone can provide us any information about a foundation that works these cases. We love...

Last reply
  • Spinal Cord Stimulator Problems

I have had my spinal cord stimulator since May and I am having a lot of nausea. I have to keep soda crackers with me all the time. The SCS was put in after I had ongoing pain after my spinal fusion. I had an injury from an auto accident. I have had issues with the settings put on the control box by the...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.