Skip to content
Ad

Spinal Problems

Also known as Klippel-Feil Syndrome

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Spondylolisthesis

I was diagnosed with spondylolysis (bilateral) at the age of 16. I followed the instructions I was given at the time: avoid impact sports, build core strength and keep your weight down. I am now 27 and have recently found out that I have grade 1 spondylolisthesis (L5). The neurosurgeon told me that the...

Last reply
  • facial pins and needles

My sister has just had an upright scan to check on C! a C2 They can find nothing wrong She feels that these bones are out of alignment and a causing facial pain pins and needles numbness metal taste twitching and more where there is pressure on the brain stem where the facial nerves run  After 7...

Last reply
  • khi khi

Spinal Cord Stimulator

Has anyone had a spinal cord stimulator,it has been one suggestion for my husband who is still suffering after 4 years after his first surgery, he has had a further op two years ago and is still suffering immense pain, has weakness in his leg and finds walking difficult and now needs a stick to walk...

Last reply
  • What is

I have recent prolapsed discs and after mri diagnosed with thickened spinal nerve. Worried about what it might be. Waiting for results of further mri

Last reply
  • SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR SIDE EFFECTS

have had s c s. almost 1yr. have had 2 major infections 11 days hospitalisation & had to go into theatre to have wound opened and flushed out with antibiotics. also had to have first implant battery replaced as it was in wrong angle and wouldn't charge!! have had spinal fusion and failed back...

Last reply
  • St. Jude spinal cord stimulator, no pain relief

hi, i had the st. Jude spinal cord stimulator implanted on May 16th, it is the newer one where you don't feel the vibration. I have gotten no pain relief, maby 5%.  It has helped with my siatic leg pain, but no relief for my lower back. I am in severe pain and the reps have pretty much chalked...

Last reply
  • Miss

I have Addison's disease osteopenia lumber disc degeneration. Can u claim pip

Last reply
  • NERVE DAMAGE AFTER L4-S1 FUSION

Last year on 1/6/2016 I got injured at work...it took workmens comp 9 months to approve surgery and by the time I got it...a synovial cyst had grown....I had surgery last August 2016 which didn't take...so on September 18th 2017 I had another surgery...L4-S1...where the whole joint was removed (where...

Last reply
  • Back pain and leg pain

For the past 2 years nearly ive had leg pain from my thigh to my calf, along with some wierd sensations, however it isnt weak. Everytime my boyfriend touches my lower back i get a sharp pain that makes me jump. And my back aches abit. Obviously, google is telling me its spinal cancer or tumours. What...

Last reply
  • Spinal Cord Stimulator Problems

I have had my spinal cord stimulator since May and I am having a lot of nausea. I have to keep soda crackers with me all the time. The SCS was put in after I had ongoing pain after my spinal fusion. I had an injury from an auto accident. I have had issues with the settings put on the control box by the...

Last reply
  • Spinal cord stimulator problems

I had my lumbar stimulator put in on 8/16/17 and it was fine for the first two weeks but then I started having severe nausea and left abdominal cramps.  These actually start to go away if I turn the stimulator off for a couple days.  I have also become lethargic and my vision has drastically...

Last reply
  • Uday

I have pins and needles all over the body numbness in both arms and legs for the last three weeks can anyone help or advise of these symptoms. My left foot is constantly cold. Three years ago I had a spinal operation on my disc L5S1.

Last reply
  • cervical spine spondylosis

Hi  Im 45 and have just been diagnosed with cervical spine spondylosis and also have Scoliosis of the cervical spine.  I have weakness in my right arm and tingling down to my hands.  Im now also getting dizzy spells and a tightening feeling in the chest bones.  My orthopedic...

Last reply
  • White Hot Pain

I recently had anterior and posterior cervical surgery on September 22nd. They, I am experiencing white hot pain to the left on the right of the occipital bone seems like right on the edge of my skull. Should I be concerned?

Last reply
  • what's my future look like after lumbar fusion?

New to the forum here. A quick recap of my history: I broke my tailbone in 2000 playing soccer and have experienced lower back pain off/on ever since. Finally this January everything came to a head when my disc ruptured. After some land based PT and an epidural it was decided that I needed a discectomy....

Last reply
  • Post lumbar laminectomy

Hi there. I am a 50 year old female who had lumbar laminectomy at L3/4 eight weeks ago for lumbar stenosis and spondylolisthesis. The surgeon also performed a dynamic stabilisation at this level. As I understand it, this involves the insertion of a flexible and rod and screws, similar to fusion but...

Last reply
  • Amazing Update.

Last month I put up the post. And I did receive some replies. The surgery was on the 22nd of September and wow! I did have anterior and posterior he replaced three vertebrae in the front five vertebrae in the back and I have them fused and stabilizing rods. I have no numbness in my legs no numbness...

Last reply
  • Success of SCNS Trial

My leads were pulled yesterday from a very successful trial. Today I am in more pain then before the trial. Is this normal?

Last reply
  • Can Sciatica be in both legs?! PLEASE help

Hi everyone! Thank you for taking the time out to read this    about two weeks ago, I started feeling this random pain in my left butt cheek whenever I bent down, sat the wrong way, etc. it started to worry me so I decided to see a Chiropractor to see what was up.  He basically said...

Last reply
  • Still having back pain with Neuro Stimulator

Has anyone been successful getting on Disability due to the stimulator not working as you'd hoped it would? I had a St. Jude/Abbott stim put in 8 weeks ago. I had to have the paddle because the previous leeds slipped down and caused infection making me wait 8 months for the paddle to be installed. ...

Last reply
  • 2 herniated disc 17 year old female

Hello to whoever is reading, I'm 17 and have been suffering with a herniated disc in the lumbar region for 3 years and had no treatments due to cancellations or going to my appointments and not being able to be seen after waiting for 4 months + for my appointments. over the years it has gotten worse...

Last reply
  • Having a dorsal root ganglion stimulation tomorrow - bit nervous

Hello everyone, I've been away from the forum for a while having had several issues with my Medtronic spinal cord stimulator. The wiring was removed in December because of continuous misfiring of the electrical signals and thumping in my backside, as well as the signals not being able to reach my...

Last reply
  • Spinal Stenosis

I have recently attended an appointment with the Pain Clinic, at the Walton Centre, Liverpool. I had been previously diagnosed as suffering from Degenerative Disc Desease, however when I spoke with doctor he said the couldn't understand why my previous consultant had made that diagnosis as he could...

Last reply
  • Spinal problems, update & help & advice

Hi looking for some help plz.  Basically im in my early 30s, I was injured & resulted in 2 slipped/bulging discs l3/4 or 4/5, right at bottom with them compressing bilaterally on the nerves. I have had many numerous facet joint blocks, sleeve root nerve blocks, epidurals, steroids, I have also...

Last reply
  • Posterior revision surgery -cervical fusion

One year ago, sept 2016 I had neck surgery, an acdf (anterior fusion) that failed. Its now a non-union. They now want to put in rods and screws. Has anybody had the posterior fusion revision surgery that can tell me how their outcome was? I am 38,  and I am currently experiencing constant  left...

Posted
  • Spinal fusion - 8 months later

Hi everyone, I'll start from the beginning. I had a car accident on 20th January and suffered an unstable L1 burst fracture.  The hospital I was in was very far from home, I'm only 19 (I was clueless and scared at this point of course) and by myself, and a doctor from the hospital told me...

Last reply
  • T10 to Illiac Fusion being proposed. Looking for feedback

Hi to all.  I'm a 76 year old woman, needing to decide if I elect fusion surgery or try to finish life with possible or probable increased pain & other symptoms yet to come, and would appreciate any feedback from fellow members who have had my proposed surgery and what were the results....

Last reply
  • I have severe spinal stenosis at my C 4 5

My Neuro surgeon's office called once they received my MRI results. I was told I have severe spinal stenosis at my C 4 5 with the recommendations being either surgery or a spinal stimulater inserted In My back. After doing some research on both I do not want either. Something does have to be done...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.