Skip to content
Ad

Spinal Problems

Also known as Klippel-Feil Syndrome

All discussions in this group

Next
  • 2 herniated disc 17 year old female

Hello to whoever is reading, I'm 17 and have been suffering with a herniated disc in the lumbar region for 3 years and had no treatments due to cancellations or going to my appointments and not being able to be seen after waiting for 4 months + for my appointments. over the years it has gotten worse...

Last reply
  • Spinal Cord Stimulator Problems

I have had my spinal cord stimulator since May and I am having a lot of nausea. I have to keep soda crackers with me all the time. The SCS was put in after I had ongoing pain after my spinal fusion. I had an injury from an auto accident. I have had issues with the settings put on the control box by the...

Last reply
  • SPINAL FUSION 7 YEARS AGO. EXCEEDINGLY BAD PAIN LUMBAR REGION

Hi my fellow Back Surgery guys/gals.  I had spinal surgery 7 years ago L5 S1. The surgery went ok then I had the checkup after and then a few months after that and was then told that my spinal fusion did not take, my surgeon told me he would not do the surgery again. I have had pain over the...

Last reply
  • Upper back pain - not muscle, no trauma?

Hi, I am a 21 year old female and I have had pain in my back for nearly 5 months now. The pain started off feeling like a bruise on my spine, just above where a bra strap would sit, and I thought that it was just a bruise but I couldn't remember doing anything that would cause a bruise there, no...

Last reply
  • khi khi

Spinal Cord Stimulator

Has anyone had a spinal cord stimulator,it has been one suggestion for my husband who is still suffering after 4 years after his first surgery, he has had a further op two years ago and is still suffering immense pain, has weakness in his leg and finds walking difficult and now needs a stick to walk...

Last reply
  • Removal of Spinal Cord Stimulator

In March of this year, after 3 back surgeries, countless physical therapy sessions and many back injections, I opted to try a stimulator.  The trial was with leads from Abbott formally St Jude.  After 1 week and a total reprogramming, I had a major reduction in my pain.  I was so excited....

Last reply
  • SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR SIDE EFFECTS

have had s c s. almost 1yr. have had 2 major infections 11 days hospitalisation & had to go into theatre to have wound opened and flushed out with antibiotics. also had to have first implant battery replaced as it was in wrong angle and wouldn't charge!! have had spinal fusion and failed back...

Last reply
  • HELP!!!LUMBAR PUNCTURE-INTENSE BACK PAIN!!!

I had a lumbar puncture done last night at the ER to rule out Meningitis. The ER Doc tried 2x and couldn't get it. Then they called for Anesth to come and do it he had to do it 2x and FINALLY got the sample. BUT, the back pain I am having today is UNRELENTING!!! I cannot sit or stand without excruciating...

Last reply
  • Loose fusion screws

Update so far, I had an x ray about a month ago which showed at least 1 loose screw in my lumbar fusion from 14 years ago and was told I had failed back surgery (fusion never set) and that removal of the screws wasn't an issue but that's all he said and sent me for a CT scan which I have another...

Last reply
  • Complications from spinal tap

I am 2 weeks out from a spinal tap. My procedure was long, took 2 1/2 hours to get a tap. The doctor used xray but just kept hitting nerves. I felt everything even though he numbed my back several times. He put so much lidocaine in my back that he asked for new needles. When he finally tried another...

Last reply
  • Recurrance of sciatic pain

I had a lumbar discectomy (l5 s1) 7 weeks ago and to begin with everything was great. I've now been back at work for a week and the sciatic pain has come back down my left leg. I also have stinging pain at the op site and aches higher up my spine. Have I aggravated things by going back to work? Any...

Last reply
  • Saw ortho consultant last week for MRI results!

On seeing the consultant he showed me my MRI showing a L1 compression fracture - saying one could  was a 'whitish'' small area within the compressed vertebra that might account for the pain I still feel when mobile for too long.  Apparently the 'white area is a sign the damaged...

Last reply
  • 5 months post op depression and anxiety?

Hi I’m 29, 5 months post op from a l5/s1 spinal fusion with a l5 lamindectomy. (I had a pars fx with Isthmic spondylolisthesis. Also had periodic numbness in my right leg.)  I’m usually very active and having this surgery has caused some depression and anxiety the last couple of weeks. (I have...

Last reply
  • [Help] My mom's back has been getting worse

This has been happening for a very long time for more than 10 years. She says it all started when she fell and hit her back when i was very young and it just gradually got worse. She has went to several doctors yet nothing's really changing. She now constantly has severe back and neck pain and has...

Last reply
  • Has any of you tried cryotherapy for back pain?

I have tried absolutely for my back pain. My first surgeon made a mess of my back on a simple laminectomy L3-L4. A couple months later I had a fusion from a different neurosurgeon, I still had pain but it helped a little. A year later I ruptured another disk L4-L5 and had another fusion. I have continued...

Last reply
  • Complex spinal problems

Been informed that the lumber pedicle screws on my indwelling hardware are loosening. I have he'd five bouts of back surgery. Any body out there had this

Last reply
  • Back pain and leg pain

For the past 2 years nearly ive had leg pain from my thigh to my calf, along with some wierd sensations, however it isnt weak. Everytime my boyfriend touches my lower back i get a sharp pain that makes me jump. And my back aches abit. Obviously, google is telling me its spinal cancer or tumours. What...

Last reply
  • Spondylolisthesis

I was diagnosed with spondylolysis (bilateral) at the age of 16. I followed the instructions I was given at the time: avoid impact sports, build core strength and keep your weight down. I am now 27 and have recently found out that I have grade 1 spondylolisthesis (L5). The neurosurgeon told me that the...

Last reply
  • facial pins and needles

My sister has just had an upright scan to check on C! a C2 They can find nothing wrong She feels that these bones are out of alignment and a causing facial pain pins and needles numbness metal taste twitching and more where there is pressure on the brain stem where the facial nerves run  After 7...

Last reply
  • What is

I have recent prolapsed discs and after mri diagnosed with thickened spinal nerve. Worried about what it might be. Waiting for results of further mri

Last reply
  • St. Jude spinal cord stimulator, no pain relief

hi, i had the st. Jude spinal cord stimulator implanted on May 16th, it is the newer one where you don't feel the vibration. I have gotten no pain relief, maby 5%.  It has helped with my siatic leg pain, but no relief for my lower back. I am in severe pain and the reps have pretty much chalked...

Last reply
  • Miss

I have Addison's disease osteopenia lumber disc degeneration. Can u claim pip

Last reply
  • NERVE DAMAGE AFTER L4-S1 FUSION

Last year on 1/6/2016 I got injured at work...it took workmens comp 9 months to approve surgery and by the time I got it...a synovial cyst had grown....I had surgery last August 2016 which didn't take...so on September 18th 2017 I had another surgery...L4-S1...where the whole joint was removed (where...

Last reply
  • Spinal cord stimulator problems

I had my lumbar stimulator put in on 8/16/17 and it was fine for the first two weeks but then I started having severe nausea and left abdominal cramps.  These actually start to go away if I turn the stimulator off for a couple days.  I have also become lethargic and my vision has drastically...

Last reply
  • Uday

I have pins and needles all over the body numbness in both arms and legs for the last three weeks can anyone help or advise of these symptoms. My left foot is constantly cold. Three years ago I had a spinal operation on my disc L5S1.

Last reply
  • cervical spine spondylosis

Hi  Im 45 and have just been diagnosed with cervical spine spondylosis and also have Scoliosis of the cervical spine.  I have weakness in my right arm and tingling down to my hands.  Im now also getting dizzy spells and a tightening feeling in the chest bones.  My orthopedic...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.