10 months post TKR and still stiff and sore

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I am 10 months post surgery and my knee creaks, grinds and aches and sometimes quite sore. I guess I thought that it would feel perfect by now and would be no different to a natural knee. Is this the same for everyone ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I am almost 6 months post surgery and mine is definitely not great. It has begun to click, the right side is tender and if just feels like I have a foreign body inside my knee..which I do of course!

Another poster, Chico, suggested I give it a name which I did...'pain in the ass'.

I am hoping things will improve when my new hip is fitted and I am able to walk better.

Onwards and upwards though , as they say!

• Posted

Hi Christine,

I have had a hip replacement 3 weeks ago , recovery of hip is a lot easier than the knee and the horrible groin pain has gone . Perhaps I've been so preoccupied by the hip pain that now that is dealt with the focus is back onto the knee ....when are you having your hip done ?

• Posted

My pre assessment is next month so should be soon after but I had to wait nearly four months after pre assessment with knee so I am not too hopeful...good old NHS I'm afraid.

• Posted

Hi

I am 2 years post TKR on the left side and 5 months post TKR on the right side.  My left knee still clicks, grinds and clicks and is painful at times even after 2 years.  The right knee is still recovering but I presume it will do the same.  I guess this must be different for each person but I think some degree of discomfort can persist.

• Posted

Hi, I am also 10 months and in exactly the same position!  I have had problems the whole time unfortunately!  I am due to have the other knee done so I’m feeling quite worried now that I’ll end up not being able to walk!  It’ll be interesting to see what others advice will be.  Keep going!  We will get there!
    • Posted

Hi Sharon,

We are going to end up as bionic women lol ....it feels like needs oiling ....wd40 perhaps

• Posted

You should have no problem walking.  I had both knees replaced at the same time and had no problem walking. I am a year out. One knee has always done better than the other. Even after a year, there is still some stiffness and tightness at times.  I always like to say, "I'm 100 percent better but not 100 percent healed."  It just takes a long time but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!  Wishing you the best on your recovery and other tor!

• Posted

I'm 4 months post op ltkr and although knee is not painful at all the area around is tender. But its early days still and when I think how far I've come it's amazing. My knee doesn't feel like mine at all but I accept that since it's a foreign body installed within. I have pins and a plate in my big toe and that's always been an alien however I have a spine fusion and it's never bothered me yes it clunk's occasionally and wakes not only me but my husband too and that's after 4 yes so I am expecting similar sensation in my knee. At least I have no arthritis there yes it's in my right but I'm putting that on hold for a long time. Don't know if I could go through it again a wimp I am.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.