10 months quetiapine 100mgs @ night now changing to 25mgs three times daily

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All, can anyone tell me what i may experience changing my quetiapine to 25mgs three times a day.Gp says i'm not psychotic but i am low at present so trialling above regime with my lithium.Just a bit apprehensive at change but gp will review 2 wks. Anyone with any experience ????

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynne, I take 50mg at night and another 50mg in the morning.  I'm not entirely sure what they actually do for me.  I'm taking them as a booster for my other antidepressants but have just been diagnosed as having treatment resistent depression so thinking about weaning myself off the tablets if they're not going to work.

I hope you get on ok with the change.  Gen x

• Posted

Hi Gen,thanks for taking the time to reply and being refreshingly honest,I did what your thinking of doing just over 2yrs ago and weaned myself off sertraline cos i felt my world lacked colour and i was numb to all things.Once i was off i had a year of drama and mayhem which of course i loved but took its toll all around me.I suppose i'm saying if your conviction for stopping meds because they don't help is strong enough it might be an idea to have someone you trust have your permission to tell you how you are as time off them goes on.I have a document at work (WRAP) that means i will tell my line-manager my med review just in case it knocks me off kilter as i get into this pattern.I really wish you lots of luck x
    • Posted

Hi Lynne, was the mayhem and drama due to you being bipolar and the sertraline helped control this?

I'm not bipolar.  Have been very depressed and have tried 3 different antidepressants at high doses which haven't worked, hence being treatment resistant.  I have ok days which are followed by severely depressed days and that's on the meds!

I hope the switch has gone ok for you.  Gen x

• Posted

Hi Gen, I was diagnosed with depression post natally which was the right diagnosis at the time so i stayed on citalopram i think for probably 6-12 months.As time moved on and i weaned off meds i would have a few months of "normal" prior to crashing into depths of depression again so more antidepressants.However, whatever those antidepressants were i always got to a point where i felt they weren't doing me any good so unbeknown to anyone i weaned myself off them and started living life to the full in an erratic,self-righteous,self-important kind of way until i crashed exactly a year ago.I'm wondering who has diagnosed your untreatable depression?Have you looked up Bi-polar UK as there are quite a few classifications of the disorder ,however if you are under the care of a psychiatrist I apologise for the suggestion. 
    • Posted

My psychiatrist but only because he's at a loss as to why the antidepressants aren't working.  No need for any apologies.  I'm glad you got the right diagnosis for you x
  • Posted

Half life is like 7-9 hours so depending how sensitive you are to the level in your blood.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.