Skip to content

Quetiapine

Also known as Seroquel

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Horrible Quetiapine Withdrawal

Hi!  Last year I was on 550 mg. of Quetipine and was rapided tapered off by an organization In Alberta, Canada.  At the same time I was also taking Gabapentin, Remeron, Zoplicone and Cortef.  Once they got me down to 200 mg. of Seroquel they had me reduce all the meds at the same …

Last reply
  • Needing to hear positive feedback on Effexor xr and seroquel

Hi guys..I'm back.. New meds..new pdoc..new feelings..Currently on 150 effector xr in am and seroquel 25mg in pm..slept great last night. Was 1st night on 25mg.. Was just brought down from effector 187 to 150 xr also..today... So tired of seeing the horror stories... Don't do it's.. I …

Posted
  • Stopping quetiapine!!!

Hi guys I was talking 50mg Sertraline and 50 quetiapine for insomnia for a year and half now. 5 months ago I stopped Sertraline slowly without problems. MyvSecond pass now is to reduce quetiapine. Which at the beginning was quite hard to gave up and have a good sleep pattern. I want to say I am …

Last reply
  • Tapering off seroquel

I wanted to know if this schedule sounds OK, I am currently taking 400 mg once at night and I am going to lower it to 300 mg for one week, then 200 mg for one week, then 150 mg one week, then 100 mg for one week, then 50 mg for one week, and then drop.  Do you think this is a good   …

Last reply
  • Seizure like episodes after taking Seroquel! !!

Hello all! I have been taking Seroquel for the past 4 years for my bipolar and my insomnia. Over the past year I have noticed that an hour after taking the 100 mgs, I have seizure like episodes. My legs need to move constantly. My arms start to turn inward, (imagine holding your arm and hand …

Last reply
  • New to quetiapine and very depressed.

I've just been diagnosed with bipolar and I've been on a low now for over a month. I've just been prescribed 200mg of quetiapine every evening before bed.Im hoping this medication will lift me out of this depression but stop me from going manic.How long before it will kick in and start …

Last reply
  • Quetiapine and restless legs

I've recently been prescribed Quetiapine 150mgs and find about an hour after taking it I get terrible restless legs for a couple of hours.  I have started taking it earlier so I can get to sleep at a reasonable hour as I have to stay up until the 'twitchy' feeling in my legs has …

Last reply
  • 75mg quitapine moved up 100mg

Moved from 75 mg to 100mg started to feel dizzy and anxiety tried 3 days then went back to 75mg it's been 5 days still dizzy and anxiety is this normal or should went back to normal by now anyone had this experience thanks

Last reply
  • Initial few weeks with serequel

Hello all.  Pdoc prescribed be seroquel/quetiapine due to quit intense ruminating thoughts about past trauma and mistakes that cause me depression. He prescribed 25mg and then to increase to 50mg when used to the side effects in a couple of weeks. I am on day 10 of the medication and have …

Posted
  • Quetiapine causing hypomania and anxiety

Hi guys, Just started quetiapine 4 days ago. They er definitely making me hypomanic! Also increasing anxiety, racing thoughts and restlessness. Im on 50 mg.  Has anyone else experienced this? Does it go away with time? I thought it was supposed to make me calm and relaxed... and prevent …

Last reply
  • Quetiapine for GAD

After a lifetime (40 years) of on and off anxiety, some of it extreme, a private Psychiatrist diagnosed me with Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD) this week. He's prescribed 50mg of Quetiapine each night for a month then a review. Is anyone else taking this for GAD and is it effective? I' …

Last reply
  • Extreme tiredness on 25 mg of Quetiapine

Hi, I really don't want to take Quetiapine as it makes me very very sleepy, but if I don't take it I can't sleep. Last night I tossed and turned for 2 hours and finally succumbed to taking it. This morning I feel rotten and sleepy. If I don't take it, I can't sleep. But if I …

Last reply
  • Sore throat

Does anyone else get a sore throat from taking quietiapine??? Since I started taking it I’ve always got a sore throat ? I take 50mg at night...

Last reply
  • Stopping Seroquel 50mg?

Hi all, I don’t have bipolar, schizophrenia etc., any of the ailments seroquel is used for. I have been taking it for about 6 months as a sleep aid (a bit strange I know). I’ve found that it does absolutely nothing except knocks me out...no lessening or bettering of moods etc. All that’s happened …

Last reply
  • Act-Quetiapine to treat chronic insomnia as a long term use

I have been prescribed Act-Quetiapine for chronic insomnia brought on by the passing of my mother last year which also caused intense emotions  of depression and anxiety.I  am very concerned by its use as a long term sleep aid as in researching this drug it was suggested that it is not …

Last reply
  • Best Men’s Dress Shoes

Even today, you can still tell a gentleman by his shoes. Whether deliberate or not, one's choice in leather dress shoes – Oxford, Derby, monk or brogue – can still point the way to a man's character: is he stylish or not? Because quality and aesthetically on-point dress shoes can cover a …

Posted
  • Which medications compliment Seroquel before sleep?

Hi, I take generic Quetiapine 200 mg for anxiety and insomnia. There was a lot of improvement but I still suffer from anxiety/panic attacks. My psych doc tried increasing the Quetiapine dose up to 400 mg but I didn't notice any improvement. Looks like 200 mg is the optimum dose. If my sleep …

Last reply
  • Quetiapine weight gain worries

Hi i have just been started on Q 25mg morning and evening increasing over the next 4 weeks to 100mg morning 300mg at night. I am terrified of the stories of the weight gain people experience on this drug 😱 is it the same for everyone?? Does everyone gain weight off this?? I know i have to …

Last reply
  • My husband has dementia and has been prescribed Quetamiene 25 mb

I took him to hospital after having 36 hours of hallucinations and the psychiatrist prescribed Quetamine 25 mg.  he has been sleeping since last night at 11pm and although I have managed to give him a snack and a couple of drinks I cannot give him his antibiotic because he won't wake up. …

Last reply
  • Tight muscles

Does anyone get tight muscles from these meds been on them for a few months 50mg for sleep and getting cramping muscles and tight legs arms etc 

Last reply
  • Help, Am I withdrawing??

I have been taking 50mg of quetiapine a night for sleep, sometimes 100mg for the last 4 months. I was constantly bloated, having indigestion and feeling sick and was desperate to sleep naturally again, so I stopped taking them last week. luckily I have been sleeping well without them however, I …

Last reply
  • Numb hands at noght

Has anyone else experienced knumb hands at night taking this medication? I never used to get it until I started taking it. I take 50mg at night for sleep 

Posted
  • quetiapine and exercising/heat stroke

I take 50mg of quetiapine at night. I work out in the morning, treadmill for about 1 hour running/walking/incline/intervals. I sweat extremely bad, dripping from my heat, arms, and neck. I read that you should not do strenuous exercising on quetiapine due to the inability to cool the body down. I …

Last reply
  • How long will it take to work?

Quetiapine/Seroquil! Been on for just over 10 weeks now and still not working. In fact I'm getting worse. Started on 25mg and have slowly been increased to 100mg. My current dose is 100mg but will be upped again in three weeks to 125mg. Apparently its a relatively low dose. Doctor said it …

Last reply
  • Knumb hands legs

I’ve been taking quetiapine now for about 4 months and and before this never had pins and needles and knumbness. I take 25mg for sleep have now increased to 50mg and I only get it when I lie down or sleep has anyone else had this I’m so scared 

Posted
  • Knumb hands at night

Does anyone else experience tingling knumb hands at night from this medication I take between 25mg and 50mg at night for sleep but get tingling and knumb hands !!!  Is this a side effect ? It just scares me that’s all...  anyone at all get this or had this ?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.