Quetiapine is giving me visual and auditory holusionations. Anyone else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Lately after about a half an hour after taking (300mg) at bedtime for sleep I begin hearing strange noises and things zipping a crossed the floor and ceiling. I also sometimes talking loudly in my sleep and crazy dreams. 

Everything is fine until I take it then I really get creeped out!!

Has anyone here experienced this? 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi, i take quetiapine 600mg for auditory hallucinations so i can't really comment on whether it causes it, but i do get visual hallucinations from it.i take it at night the xr . ive had apple trees growing by my bed, people standing by my bed, food by my side sticking out the wall, people in mirrors, people floating by the ceiling. im not a sleep as i get up and walk around. im not scared by it its quite funny sometimes. its not paranormal or anything its just the meds. i do also get weird dreams. they can be creepy sometimes and i also shout out a lot in my sleep/ going off to sleep. ive been on it for 12years.

• Posted

yeah I suffer similar things I'm on 600mg twice a day .

I've seen my grandad at the side of my bed I've seen a million spiders in the corner on the ceiling and the worst was a demon on the wall my head board / bed above my bed jump onto me that was scary .

but actually another one is I had a little boy crying and crying at the side of my bed he got on my bed I could feel it and I turned round and it was a boy about 2 with one eye carved out that really freaked me out and that happened in hospital the boy .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.