Help with Venlafaxine and Quetiapine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I'm taking Venlafaxine and Quetiapine

I've noticed that i'm spacing out a lot more, and not remembering conversations or what i've been doing. Latest one is that I put my card down, but I didn't remember where I put it. This is very unusual for me, i'm also failing to remember conversations i've just had.

My restless legs are getting worse, i'm finding that they just wont stay still! I feel like I get what can only be described as a shock that runs down the leg, and it just suddenly moves!

I'm also worried I might be sleep walking, i've suspected it for a while but things are moved when I wake up.

All advice and comments welcome.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ive been on Quetiapine for 3 years now to help with anxiety and sleep. 50mg a day is my perscription, I only take half of one at night for sleep, and maybe a quarter of one during the day for anxiety. Im a 40 year old male, 6ft tall 200 pounds. The only side effects Ive had are gaining body fat, and increased appetite. This is a very common side effect as Quetiapine chemically alters the way your liver breaks down and uses fats. Ive had to go to the doctor for pains in my upper right chest and back, and after a ultrasound found out my liver was swollen from fat deposits. Im not an overweight or out of shape person. I lift weights and work out 5 nights a week. But I have to now cut out almost all fatty foods from diet as my liver is functioning to break down fat like it should.

Im am slowly cutting back on my doses, one month a time, but its hard to do, I get headaches if I try to not take it, and jittery. But Ill be off it in another month or two I think, and my liver should return to normal function the doctor says.

Sucks, because it does help with my sleep and anxiety. Im now substituting Unisom over the counter sleep aids, which is just a large dose antihistamine basically.

Ive never had restless legs like what you speak off, the only time I had your symptoms was when the doctor put me on a anti-depressant. I had horrible night sweats on that, and shakes, and twitches. Had to get off it by week three. It was miserable lol. If your taking another medication it could be cause of your issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.