Vivid Dreams?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on Quetiapine for a year now and I'm on 250mg a day..

Ever since taking Quetiapine I've been having really vivid dreams almost every night. Does Anyone know why? :oops:

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have no idea, But ive been having nightmares on it-hich all seem to centre round other people doing things to me that anger me, but theni wake and think about it andwonder is that what im doing to others? The dreams are really vivd for me..ive only started recently and only take 50mgs at night. Im fearful of the weight gain but greatful for the sleep. myabe the dreams are trying to make our subconscious more conscious-I have no idea and only wish I could help you more. Take care Doonbug. I named my fist car Humbug thats why i replied to your message as Doon bug made me giggle! take care
  • Posted

Sorry...the r is next to the t and I never look at the kyboard :roll: I meant cat, not car! :oops: :roll:
  • Posted

Thanks for posting that lol i didn't think it'd make anyone laugh haha. I'm grateful for the sleep also but the weight gain hasn't really bothered me i only put on a few pounds really and after a few weeks i got used to feeling hungry and I didn't mind smile thanks for replying
  • Posted

Hi Doon bug-im calling you humbug from now on by the way! I used to tell her all my problems -she was a feline silver tabby with massive big blue eyes. She used to sleep on my bed every night until she was 20 and died when I was doing my degree. she was a pet all through my upbringing and was so beatiful!

Doonbug-im not having a good time! I managed to see my housing officer who had put me on the management team to get me a house-but then decided to interview my es who charmningly said he would move out ! I found this out a 4 pm this evening . i was so scared to come home for what he might do! Then he stated they ( the housing team are trying to fob him off) and that I am to unstable. Too unstable-its a joke-because if people knkew what had happened to me, and that i had returned back to work, laughing a happy laugh -properly laughing a hearty laugh and enjoying life again-you would not believe how this person turns on the charm and then wickedly is either winding me up rightnow-or means it!

• Posted

this has started for mee too since iv began taking Quetiapine since the weekend, out of it deep dreams, i never really dreamt much because my life was so busy and on the go then everything slowed right down due to knockbacks and depression.......  the dreams im not sure i am comfortable with, they are weird and don't think i need to wake up with that thought process on my mind to a new day........ i am thinking twice about this medication or will things become normal and will i be able to face my day??

What happens if I drink grapefruit juice, what is the reaction?? 

Why is it dangerous??

• Posted

Hi,

I've been struggling with the side effects of quetiapine as well . My dreams are bizarre, vivid and scary. I've been using the medication for nearly half a year now on a relatively low dose, but this side effect hasn't gone away. Not sure what to do. I really do enjoy the sedating and tranquil effect of the medication.

• Posted

hi I've been on Seroquel for almost 2 years now I didn't notice at first but the Seroquel is definitely giving me very vivid dreams not always unpleasant dreams but just very Vivid some dreams are scary my fiance thinks I'm having sex dreams and says I'm humping the air and this is no s**t and I talk in my sleep all the time now. so you are not alone in this just remember it could be a lot worse I am only on 50 mg at night. I also do take Klonopin that could be a factor I always had dreams in the past but never this Vivid

• Posted

hi I've been on Seroquel for almost 2 years now I didn't notice at first but the Seroquel is definitely giving me very vivid dreams not always unpleasant dreams but just very Vivid some dreams are scary my fiance thinks I'm having sex dreams and says I'm humping the air and this is no s**t and I talk in my sleep all the time now. so you are not alone in this just remember it could be a lot worse I am only on 50 mg at night. I also do take Klonopin that could be a factor I always had dreams in the past but never this Vivid

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.