50mg quetiapine withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all,

i was put on this for "anxiety and depression" 7 months ago, which turns out i never had in the first place was just a side affect of medication messing with my hormones (long story)

anyway, ive been withdrawing from said medication and my phsyciatric nurse originally said to drop from 50mg to 25mg, however when i did that a few weeks ago within days i was feeling sick, exhausted, headachey etc.

this time, im going down by 12.5mg a time, for 2 weeks, so from 50 to 37.5 for 2 weeks, then to 25mg for 2 weeks, then 12.5 for 2 weeks then nothing.

is there anyone out there doing a similar thing and can advise me on how this worked for them?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I was on 200 a day. Ive been stepping down 12.5 a week. So Im down to 125mg a day. Im having less side effects at 125 a day, but Im still going to go down next week 112.5, then the week after to 100 and so on.

Side effects are annoying, headaches, muscle twitches, lack of sleep etc. Its just part of your body re-adjusting to its own serotonin levels, after being altered by the quetiapine. It takes time to feel better after every titration.

You wrote this 4 months ago, so hopefully you figured it out and got through it and are doing well.

J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.