Quetiapine vivid dreams, headaches and bp spikes

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All,

Three months ago i was prescribed to Quetiapine 25 then 50mg, tested both forms standard and slow release. It was prescribed to me by my psychiatrist together with Sertraline from which I have withdrawn due to adverse side effects with hypertension crisis for which i was hospitalised.

Continued with Quetiapine only and for around 6 weeks all works well, took the pill an hour before bed and slept 8-10hours non stop. Some of the side effects: tiredness, constipation, headaches, very vivid dreams. Slow release form only prolonged side effects and all day felt like a zombie. Switched to fast release which worked better, but a few weeks ago i have become easily irritated, aggregated, depressed and anxious once again, headaches are now all day, muscles are tense, walking stairs is difficult now (45years old). But my blood pressure spikes even through my bp medication are most scary for me, bp during spikes gets up to 180/125 it takes some time to calm down, worst thing about it is that my bp meds are unable to calm it, also my heart feels like it wants to jump from my chest, another issue is that in three months i gained 40pounds weight, cravings for sweets and junk food are difficult to control. I am scared mainly because of the bp spikes and returned anxiety and panic attacks. Does anyone experienced same from quetiapine? Thanks. Rob

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.