10 weeks after spinal fusion

Posted , 3 users are following.

Not sure how i comare to others who have been at this10 week stage, but im in so much less pain but i get very stiff at night and especially when I get out of bed in the morning. I am walking more but when up i get tired my back leans forward does this happen to others. They say dont bend but my body feels stronger so is it ok to bend a little to put shoes on or to bend with knees to get into a cupboard?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura, I can't answer that now but my two level fusion is in 10 days ( as long as there is a bed). I thought we are not allowed to bend, twist or hold anything more than 5lbs for 12 weeks. Do you still see a physio or have anyone who can answer that professionally? 
    • Posted

Hi Angie,

not long now until your 2 level fusion. Isn't it funny i had the same as you nearly 11 weeks ago. Best thing i ever did. Ino longer have chronic pain thank god. Ah I didn't realise 12 weeks. Im seeing the physio and consultant on Tuesday So i will ask lots of questions.

i hope your bed will be available.

How long have you been suffering angie? 

• Posted

Hi Laura, thank you I can't wait. I've had severe sciatica with pins and needles for about 5 years, with odd periods after an epidural where I've been pain free. This last continuous period of severe pain has been for 18 months. Hope your appt tomorrow goes well. I'm seriously hoping that there is a bed, when I saw my Consultant last week, two operations had been cancelled due to no orthopaedic beds. 
    • Posted

Hi angangie i can relate to all that you say.

my appointment went well i see him again in 5 weeks.

let me know when you hear about bed. X

• Posted

Hi Laura, I had my operation on the 28th may and came home on the 29th. I have a 6 inch incision scar but apart from localised pain to the incision, I have no sciatic pain yay. I ended up with a TLIF to L4/L5 and a PLIF to L5/S1, with 4 screws and 2 rods. . Glad to hear your follow up was good and hope recovery continues well. X 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.