10 weeks in and I've made it back to work today!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I see so many tales of woe on here with people years in to this terrible virus and wanted to give some positive news.

As you can see from my previous post, I got full blown glandular fever / mono in mid Nov.

I have been in the very fortunate position to press the "pause" button on my life and stop in my tracks and rest.

I lived with my parents for 7 weeks while they cared for me and then the last 3 have been self sufficient back in my flat in London.

I am a 36 year old active woman; when I was first diagnosed I said "I don't have time for that!"

I have since had to make time.

Work have been very supportive, I have asked for what I needed.

I usually work mon-fri 9-6 minimum so 45 hours a week. Today I have started my phased return, Mon Wed Fri 10-4 so only 18 hours a week.

Whilst this is less, I am not going out for dinners and drinks so am saving lots.

The biggest tip is LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. Give it what it needs.

As a fun time, sociable girl I was worried giving up my Friday afternoon vino's would be hard but infact its so easy! I'm even considering adapting to a T Total life.

I write this on the train on my way home, my eyes are rolling in my head and am exhausted with my neck lymph nodes throbbing but I feel so glad and so proud I've been back to work! I even managed a small half mile walk to get to the station this morning.

Let's see how I feel tomorrow; I have no plans except pyjamas and have stocked up on fresh fruit and veg.

I wish everyone well and am sending positive vibes out (from the throbbing nodes 😂 )

Happy Monday all. Rest up and hydrate xx

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

im 6 months in and i still have a ton of symptoms but i never stopped working. I have to provide for my family but im still severely fatigued, ive lived off vitamin b12 shots for the last 2 months. Glad you got back to work

• Posted

Thanks worrier, I applaud all that have had to carry on work and who have dependants as I can only imagine how incredibly hard that must be.

I saw your recommendation of b12 previously and have need taking them in tablet form.

Sending you as many healthy vibes as I can and thank you for your message.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.