10 weeks on 50mg

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all

10 weeks on 50mg setraline and I'm glad to say that I think they are starting to work as the last 3 days I have felt some what normal again and have hope for the future. Not getting too excited just yet in case I take a backward turn but so far so good.

Be strong fellow sufferers as hope is on its way to you all x

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yay!!! I am about  weeks on 50mg and yesterday I had one of the best days ever. Felt completely back to myself. Happy, no side effects, appetite, you name it. This morning I woke up with some anxiety. I still experience anxiety every so often. Hoping this goes away!! 
    • Posted

Jenna

I too had all your symptoms but trust me they will go . Sorry for late reply as my message got lost . Feel free to send private message if you need support always here to help as so many did for me x

• Edited

Hi John I’ve been on 100mgs now for the past 4wks. Wiv little improvement.do u think it’s still early days yet for me 
    • Posted

Yes for definite I would advise just keep going it's took me 10 weeks up to now and I have felt ok last 3 days . Don't rush it as this med takes time but it will work and you will feel fine again even if you have doubts as I did . Private message me any time for support .

• Posted

Thanks John , do u think I shud stay on 100mgs for a few more wks then or go onto 150 mgs🌹

• Edited

Hi Debra

With my common frame of reference then I would suggest hang on in there and give the meds time to work. I am on 50mg and some days I couldn't face going out the house or seeing friends or family as I would just have panic attacks for no reason .

I'm not 100% back to normal yet but each day that goes by I feel a little better now . Took 10 weeks for me encounting so please be patient ride out the days until for sure they will take effect . X

• Edited

Day 5 of still feeling good it's a weird feeling not feeling bad and panic attacks all the time . First time for 2 years I'm not actually dreading going to a meeting in the morning... wow .... go setraline

• Posted

Hi John I’m so glad to hear that you’re doing well. I went bk to my doctors today for a review as I’m on wk 4 of 100mgs of sertraline, o thought he might av upped my dosage but he’s told me to stay on 100mgs for the nxt 4wks . He’s said I’ve still got to giv them more time to work. Do you think it’s still early days for me 🌹

• Posted

Hi Debra

Absolutely definitely give it more time hun from experience this is a slooooow process . They will work and you will get back to somewhere near normal but they need time . I was sooo impatient as I wanted them to work quicker but I just woke up after 10 weeks on a mere 50mg and thought hmmm hmmm this is strange why do i feel ok and it's lasted 5 days now . Stay with it ride the storm and count the days to the day it will happen for you x

• Edited

Its so reassuring to hear good sertraline news. I am on week 4 (almost ) on 50mg for the last 3 weeks ish. I am not suffering from depression but severe debilitating panic attacks. I was feeling mildly better until 4 days ago when i felt so bad i was basically bedridden ..i stayed in bed for the best part of 3 days feeling diabolical. Sweaty..lethargic...boiling...little sleep etc. I have however got out of bed today and this morning had a bath. Had to sit on bathroom floor to get dressed as usual but i have stayed up all day. Am feeling a little more positive and hope that tomorrow brings a little more improvement...Thank goodness for this site 🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Edited

We are all here to help each other. I am almost at 6 weeks on Friday ( 50 mg) and I too have had some great days and then today I woke up so depressed, bad thoughts and mild anxiety. I know it’s working because of the good days but when we have those bad days it makes us feel like we are back to square one. Here’s to better days for all of us!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.