10 weeks on, still sore and exhausted

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am back at college now and finding it hard to rake up enough stamina to get through a day's classes. I go three days a week, with two three-hour classes on each day. I have a 10 minute walk to the train station near home, a half-hour train trip, and a 15-20 minute walk at the other end. I'm already tired and sore by the time I get there and it gets worse as the day goes on. Today, I skipped my second class and still felt like I was struggling to get home. So glad I'm not working at the moment; I'd be in so much trouble with the boss...

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

At 10 weeks, I was still using a crutch, so you are doing remarkably well - i'm not surprise you are tired with all that travelling.

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

Been to my private Physio today - she says keep using the sticks/crutches, preferably in pairs as you walk better - even better are 'walking poles' with shock absorbers in them - not so hard on the shoulder apparently.

• Posted

Not much help I don't suppose but I could never have done that at 10 weeks. I think I was still using two crutches outside then. Can you get a sick note from your GP?
  • Posted

Oh Belle, I am so sorry to hear this - Not good to feel so exhausted and attend classes - Is there anyway you can take some  classes on line?

It is a very physical effort to get there and your body is not stronng enough yet - too much energy still needed to heal -

I hope there is a solution other than postponing your study ...

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Belle ~ I think you need to be signed off for a few more weeks. That is one hell of a day at your stage. Way too much. Can you do this? Maybe have the course work sent home? I have very long days too, with my children etc, and I know just how you feel, the exhaustion and fatigue is brutal. Take a break and get better properly lovely. 
  • Posted

They won't send work home. Even though classes consist mostly (98 per cent) of the tutor just sitting at a computer while we work on assignments, we are expected to attend and can be failed for non-attendance. Even when sick, they absolutely won't send work home. They tell students it's not a correspondence course.

I am going to try to hang in. My hospital check-up and x-ray is on the 19th and I have already warned the head tutors I won't be in that day.

• Posted

I should have said in the original post that the walk to the train was 5 mins before the op and the walk after was 10. Taking twice as long because, well, you know why...
  • Posted

Have decided to use two crutches for getting to and from campus for now. I need to exercise my thigh muscles, but those walks might be a bit too much exercise right now. I will continue to use one for the local shops, but two for the bigger outings...
  • Posted

I went back to work on Monday, not doing full day, going from my office to the hospital to see my mum,  today took our dog for a walk for half an hour without crutch (12 weeks gone by) now feel like I could sleep for a week.

suexx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.