10 weeks post op myomectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I had an abdominal myomectomy 10 weeks ago to remove 2 large perdunculated fibroids (14cm + 9cm) and 4 smaller fibroid . its been what feels like a really slow recovery but its going well, however I'm worried about my periods as they seem lighter but a lot more painful. Ive had 3 cycles since my surgery and all have been exactly when they were due lasting around 4/5 days but the pain and swelling i get is so bad even more so than the pain after surgery. Has anyone else had an experience similar and if so will the pain settle?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

**hey Melissa

I had my open myomectomy last year May and I felt the very same as you... we differ from people to people. I now have my periods with no pains but hey its lighter than before. so hang in there and dont despair you will get better.

• Posted

Hi Andy 1116, thank you so much for your reply its out me at ease. there are that many changes it can feel like an uphill battle. thanks again

• Posted

hi

i had similar sized fibroids removed by myomectomy and it took a while for my periods to settle down... which is understandable given it takes time to heal. Even when externally you are looking healed, it takes longer to heal internally. Dont be surprised if it takes 12 months to be totally healed and back to normal, you had major surgery. Naturally you'll feel it most during this point in your cycle when hormones are playing up and your bloated and your uterine muscles are working. A bit like when you get gas in those first few weeks post op.

Try not to worry, you body is recovering, just think back to how far you've come in ONLY ten weeks. 😃

• Posted

thanks for you reply definitely good to hear from people who have gone through the same journey👍

• Posted

I did go through same as you and felt the pain. Good thing is you are getting your period every month. 1.5 years later still I don't get my period normally, need to take birth control pill advised by the doctor. I want to have a kid so that not helping me at all. Please go to your gynecologist and find out if your hormone level is alright. I feel sluggish all the time. Praying for your best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.