10 weeks Tomorrow

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

been on Citalopram for 10 weeks tomorrow, for crippling anxiety along with intrusive thoughts, 2 weeks on 10 mg, 6 on 20 &2 on 10. i felt much better for last few weeks, better than i could have imagined, even had an anxiety free holiday, after suffering months of crippling anxiety, which had hugely impacted my life, had a few bad days after holiday & doctor increased to 30, had no effect from going up & felt fine, last few days since ive had my period, i seem to be having a setback, i always tend to be anxious around period even when well, but its thrown me & im terrified im going backwards again, experienced anxiety, like id started to forget. is this normal?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

yes totally normal u are still going to experience blips the hol n ur period have caused you a blip u'll settle again

• Posted

Thanks, the thought of going back, doesnt bare thinking of x

• Posted

hey x your period can cause havoc on the way you feel until the meds settle a little more. blips and setbacks are completely normal but remember when you increase your dose it is like starting the clock from the beginning so to speak. so when you hit a dose that you feel might be right you wanna stick with it for 12 weeks because blips and setbacks are normal and you dont want to increase if it's just a blip x hope that makes sense x

• Posted

yes, definitely sticking to the 30mg now, just got to practice accepting the setbacks, Im fortunate to be having them after the constant anxiety, but after a break from anxiety , its tough to handle x

• Posted

well done for sticking with it though because it sure isn't easy x😊

• Posted

Periods definitely affect me and how I feel every month so I just tell myself that is all it is, just relax, it will go back to normal.

I would be careful with increasing over a normal temporary blip because it seems that is what doctors are so ready to do all the time, higher dose doesn't always mean it's going to work better. If you find a dose that really feels like its working well, stick with it! Just get through that little rough patch and keep moving forward,

Best Wishes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.