10 wks post tvh and anterior repair.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies

Sone old and new alike may be able to help me.

I am 10 wks post op and feel a bit odd in the front vagina. I get a heavy rubbing feeling uf i get up or walking. I have made appointment with my professor urogyn but thought id put it out there. As this is my second i know full well the recovery period with these ops and have been sooo careful with myself.

Hope someone can identify this for me. Im wondering if its the urethra.

Thanks ladiesx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi welshgirl I think we had our first operations about the same time along with phyl and now we seem to have had 2nd about the same time too. Sorry you seem to be having concerns I’m 6 weeks post op and having bowel issue and pain where my stitches are it seems it takes longer than antisipated to recover..how is matron she was an angel to us all
    • Posted

She isn't on here anymore. Nasty rude people making her life a misery on here. Sad people got no life have they? X

• Posted

Oh no some horrible people what a shame she was an angel..how are you feeling today x
  • Posted

Hi welshgirl67 I am new to this site and 5 weeks ago had TVH and anterior repair for urinary problems. I too feel very heavy low down discomfort in my tummy as if there is something there & have stabbing pains in my groin. I am walking daily but this results in my tummy expanding and it's so sensitive that even wearing knickers is a no no! I suffered with constipation for years and am really struggling to go at all now so with GP's approval am taking 2 senokots at night, 3 sachets of cosmocol, lactolose and a supository to get a BM! Not due to see my consultant until July 13 and worried that I won't be fit enough to return to work (looking after a wheelchair user so ve

ry physical)

• Posted

Hi lady Jude

Lovely to hear from you.. I know exactly what you mean by tummy swelling.. I am very slim but my God did I balloon.. It took me by surprise as I wasn't told to expect all that swelling.. I am 14 wks now and still a little bit off lol. I am taking movicol still and it really keeps straining at bay.. I was told senokot can make the bowel lazy so just be careful hun.

I have been very lucky with my recovery..very little pain but some cramps the first few days.. What I am noticing is a low sensation near vag entrance which almost feels it's coming from the spongy bit below urethra.. I have been checked but all is normal... May be it's the new me but I just hope pelvic floor will help.. I'm here to chat if you like love.rest up lovelyxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.