10 years of Blood Tests, CFS and Fibromyalgia, Confused.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

just want some advice on the next set of blood tests I should be asking my Doctor about, as been going round in circles for over 5 years now. I'm UK based.

I have been diagnosed with M.E. (CFS) for 15 years, Fibromyalgia for 6 years and supposedly Rheumatoid Arthritis for 4 years.

Latest Results:

Plasma Viscosity: 1.91

White Blood Cell: 11.3

Hemoglobin: 11.4

CRP: 25

Platelets: 4.51

Neutropenia?? (Neutrophils) Neutra Something: 8.18

Glucose: 10

I've had the standard two blood tests for Lupus, they came back negative. My hands get swollen and my Rheumatologist thinks RA and Gout (crystals in the blood tests), so have been on Sulfinpyrazone and Hydroxychloroquine for a number of years. But stopped taking the pills for this latest blood test and found that they were not actually doing anything. My Doctor is stumped. Had Thyroid checks, Celiac disease and most of the standard blood checks.

Inflammation indicator is too high but doesn't pinpoint what is causing the inflammation. What should I be doing more or investigating?

Thank you for any advance.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry forgot to say that I contracted Parvovirus about 5 years ago. Completely knocked me back and I still haven't really fully recovered.

• Posted

What is it you are trying to fix? 

If its swollen hands are they painful? If so has anyone done an X-ray of the hand. My finger is badly swollen due to OA

• Posted

Trying to find out why things are happening and what more I can do to find out if it's something like Lupus or some other problem. Just don't know what I need to ask for.

I've had M.E. and Fibromyalgia for years, pain is a daily event, but after Parvovirus (5 years ago) I've never been back up to my previous levels and my hand joints and muscles have been swollen ever since.

• Posted

Why bother, what do you gain.if you have cfs spend your energy fixing that. You are

Not an expert so look forward.if you find out it was caused by x, how does that help you ?

I would focus on trying pacing and making yourself feeling better

• Posted

But what if something else is causing the CFS and it's symptoms? Been on pain management courses, mental health courses, nothing works as I sleep 15 hours a day. I have to sleep after the exertion of getting up.

• Posted

You don't get a diagnosis of cfs until everything else has been ruled out. Therefore if cfs is confirmed try pacing. You have to be ruthless and it was months before I saw any benefit but now I lead a normal life again after 2 yrs of pacing and educating my body back to exercise.

What have you got to lose by giving it a try

• Posted

What is "Everything else" please?

I've attended the 6 week M.E. course at Frenchay and a pacing plan drawn up, and have been rigidly sticking to this for 4 years, no improvement due to infections, viruses, flu and other such nasties.

A constant up hill struggle for years now. I'm not a softie, I'm a horse rider type used to working 10 to 12 hours a day and then struck down with this horrible thing.

I have seen friends improve with pacing, but they hadn't the same level of restriction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.