10 years with DISH

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 72 years old, live in Maine and have had DISH for a little over 10 years. Doing some research on the disease I found one of the causes could be environmental. I applied for  disability comp from the VA and was denied as the disease is not service connected. I am trying to determine how many veterans have DISH, and were exposed to herbicides (agent orange), Insecticides, pesticides  or were stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC and may have been exposed to contaminated water (1953 to 1987). If you are a veteran and have been exposed to these possible environmental causes kindly contact me.    

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

IN many cases you need a attorney who specializes in VA claims. Sounds like you too were involved in the Vietnam erra war. Exposure to many toxic chemicals. Then you need to get your all your records together to prove its during war time exposure. 

• Posted

Already done. Get some disability. Trying to determine any connection between chemical exposure and DISH / Forestiers disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.