Skip to content

Orthopaedic Disorders

Also known as Bone Disorders, DISH (Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis), Dupuytren's Contracture, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, Forestier's Disease, Hypermobility Syndrome, Joint Contracture, Marfan's Syndrome, Osgood Schlatter's Disease, Osteochondroses, Osteogenesis Imperfecta, Paget's Disease of Bone

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Butterfly femur shaft fracture non union

I am 32 year old male. I had bike accident on Sept 7, 2017. I sustained a fractured femur shaft with butterfly fragments on my left leg. I had surgery on it after a week and had a titanium rod (10mm dia) placed and 4 screws total. 2 weeks after surgery I had a severe pain in my left butt and it …

Posted
  • fractured femur shaft non union (obligotrophic)

I had bike accident on Sept 7, 2017. I sustained a fractured femur with butterfly fragments on my left leg. I had surgery on it after a week and had a titanium rod (10mm dia) placed and 4 screws total. 2 weeks after surgery I had a severe pain in my left butt and it lasted for 2 weeks reducing with …

Posted
  • Phantom smells and weird feelings in head

I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this? I have been having these really weird feelings in my head. Kind of like the room spinning feeling you'd get after one too many. Also if it's quiet and there's a loud noise it is like a firework has gone off in my head and takes …

Last reply
  • Shoulder Instability

Hi, I'm a 27 year old male with right shoulder instability. A very general way to put my condition is that my shoulder is rolled forward, lifting and hugging towards my body.  This in turn is causing me to have issues in my entire shoulder girdle, neck, low back and hips.  Has anyone …

Posted
  • Hip enquiry as a 16 year old male.

Hello everyone, I a a 16 year old male. I noticed a few years ago that my hips were different from those of my friends and those of any male I looked at after I noticed. To keep it short, my hips are basically identical to those of a female's. The bones stick out and they are wide. If you were …

Last reply
  • Forestier's Disease what is in store for me ???

Hi i was diagnosed with DISH 4 years ago at the age of 35. I have significant disease in my spine for which i have had a number of nerve ablations for. I have recently developed bone growths on my wrist shoulder and feet. I am dependant on opioid analgesia in order to continue to work full time. Is …

Last reply
  • Heel Lift

Hi, can anyone advise me what type of lift is suitable to wear with sandals? After my hip op one leg is slightly shorter than the other (causing me to limp). I have tried making a half sole (for the heel) but when walking it comes out. I don't want to stick it in permanently as I need to use …

Last reply
  • A question 6 months after THR

I had THR last December and have pain in buttox every day since.  At this point, it is worse when I have been sitting and get back up.  My butt cheek feels so tight that I can barely move.  I have to start slowly and inch along to get to usual gait.  I do believe my piriformis …

Last reply
  • Physical Therapy

Back in November of 2017 I had a total hip replacement and afterwards during physical therapy my therapist tied a large rubber band around my thigh then wrapped the other end around his waist. He slowly backed up pulling my femur out of the acetabulum slightly. A couple of days later I developed a …

Last reply
  • Talovicular fusion and tibia bone graph

I had a Talovicular fusion and tibia bone graph on 17/7/18 I’m five days in to two wks of non weight bearing I have four children the youngest being two and it’s the schools summer holidays here in the UK! I also have fibromyalgia and joint hyper mobility syndrome!.  I am a very active …

Posted
  • Living with Forestier's disease

I have finally found info on Forestier's disease!! When I was first diagnosed back in 1988 my doctor had no material on this subject. I was told to go home and find it on my computer, which I did. There was a researcher in Canada who hit the nail right on the head, Forestier's is no pick …

Last reply
  • Is my hip pain worth seeing a doctor for?

So I have dealt with my hip over the last six months. It is mainly an achy pain but it can feel like a crunch, which sounds like a loud crack, and its only gotten worse. Its really stiff and I've really noticed while I've done my yoga. It's particularly stiff in the morning as I …

Last reply
  • Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Hey everyone. newly diagnosed, feeling rather confused if im honest. Consultant basically told me hEDS & fibro, didn't go into much detail, gave me a rubbish leaflet, but didn't adjust any of my current meds etc. im in agony 99% of time, dont sleep much but feel constantly drained, all …

Last reply
  • Dislocated knee pain and swollen foot

Hello everyone I've been having issues with my knees since I was a child. My knee cap keeps dislocating on a regular basis. Usually it goes back in place immediately after and it hurts for a few hours and then all is fine again. This time however the pain persists. It's been almost 3 weeks …

Posted
  • Dupuytren's Contracture (DC)

I developed DC some years ago and despite one operation to straighten a finger it returned leaving that finger bent by about 45 degrees. I've decided to live with it and seek no further treatment as I felt that the surgery gave only a temporary resolution to the problem and the scar tissue …

Posted
  • Femoroacetabular Impingement

Following Femoroacetabular Impingement (cam pincer) surgery on 1/20/17 I experienced zero change in range of motion. To the millimeter (e.g., putting on socks) The surgeon was unable to dislocate the hip due to size of the impingement Intensive physical therapy does help, but benefits remain for …

Last reply
  • removal of hardware - still painful

3 years ago I broke my ankle tibia & fibula. Surgeon put in 7 screws plate and pin. A couple of the screws had loosened and were protruding, so another surgeon took them out. It's been a week ago Thursday, and I am still in alot of pain, no special instruction from surgeon except to wear …

Last reply
  • Joints Snapping and poping

My age is 28 and i have joints snapping and poping problem in all my body joints.some time i feel my joints broke😭😭. Also little bit pain if i work. Muscul is like elastic.. very stretched Please help

Last reply
  • Sudden swelling in my lower left leg, former "tumor"

Hey, Don't know if I'm right here, but as I hit up a orthopedist for this, I guess it's alright. I'm 19 years old and got diagnosed with a tumor of unknown origin in my lower left leg back in 2015. Went into the hospital. It was never swollen, my bone just looked "Bigger" …

Last reply
  • Baby with hypermobilty?

When I was pregnant my baby would crack sonloud that people could hear it and ask what was that noise. Fast forward to her birth dnd she cracks terribly now she here!  Her shoulders, elbows & wrists are awful. I think that’s what I could hear from the inside when she was head down.  I’ …

Last reply
  • Broken bones. vertebrae, loss of calcium, not diagnosed

Hello I'm asking for help, we are losing hope. My sister, who is 54 years old since november 2017 has broken 11 vertebrae it was not caused by fall or some injury. To this day, doctors do not now how to diagnose the illness or find the cause. The calcium is losing and is not saving to the bones. …

Last reply
  • Fibula bone rebrake

My fibula rebroke i first broken it in january now just going too pt my foot swelled up went to or they did xrays then sent back too ora they claimed i was healed so sent me to mri scan it says rebrake of fibula with torn ligament i go tomoral to talk what they need to do. Has anyone ever been …

Last reply
  • Adductor Muscles

I have pain in the lower quadrant of  my abdomen ie below the belly buttor - to the left anmd a bit to the right.  I know some of it is to do with IBS but I am also being told that some of it is to do with my hip . adductor muscles.   Does thbis make sense , does anyone else …

Last reply
  • MUA on hip? Anyone know recovery procedure?

Afternoon guys I have hip dysplasia so have been booked in for an MUA on my hip with a cortisone injection. I've been told this is to see wether I'm suitable for PAO surgery?? Basically I haven't a clue what's going to happen when I have MUA next week! All I know is I'll be …

Last reply
  • 15 doctor told me I have OSD

I’m only 15 years old and the doctor said I may have OSD he didn’t even mention when it could go away he said “get better” please help me I know some people have this until there 40. My knee pain isn’t bad I don’t have any knee pain until I try to walk with my leg straightened so I have to limp …

Last reply
  • Itching

I have been using glaucoma eye drops Travatan (polyquaternium-1 preserved) and Azopt for the last 3 years. There was no problem till about 2 months back when I started itching and eruptions like urticaria. Initially I thought it due to warm bath during winters but it still continues though winters …

Last reply
  • Erosion of sternomanubrial joint - please help

Hi,  I am a 20 year old male who has often kept reasonably fit, however as of recent I have been absolutely debilitated due to quite an abrupt and significant erosion of the sternomanubrial joint within my chest. The pain began subtly around 6 months ago, however become rapidly acute in …

Posted
  • Fainting with Hypermobility?

I have Hypermobility & recently been referred to Rheumatology querying Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. My question is has anyone experienced symptoms of dizzy spells and fainting and how do you cope with or manage it? The pain and fatigue I'm now kind of use to, but for past 16 months the dizzy …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.