Got extra bone growth in the soft tissue of my knee, How does that happen?

Posted , 2 users are following.

It hurts , I can barely walk , doctor got me resting with my knee up , putting ice on it and wearing a knee brace. Have to use crutches to get around. I don't know how or why extra bone is growing in my soft tissue..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

  • Posted

    Its not uncommon to get a bone spur in your knee or shoulder, and other places as well . They can mean that you are at risk of arthritis and the first treatment is exactly what you are doing. Rest and ice.If that doesnt help then a steroid injection can be given by your GP. As a last resort you can be referred to an orthopaedic surgeon who may consider reducing the spur via an arthroscopy. Its worth concentrating on the rest and ice if you are in UK. The waiting lists for orthopaedic surgery are very long at the moment.

    • Posted

      No I live in the US and my primary doctor is thinking about referring me to orthopedic surgeon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.