My 10 year old ASD son was just diagnosed with Coxa Valga. He is in agony and can barely walk. Help

Posted , 1 user is following.

My son started puberty at 8.5 years old with his rapid growth spurts we have found out he has Lumbar Lordosis, mild lumbar/thoracic curvature of the spine and now yesterday a hip xray found he has Coxa Valga

He has always hated driving in a car for too long prefers lying down and has been quite the sloth the last 8 months had him regularly in front of a physio, exercise physiologist and podiatrist they all missed his pain equalled the hip issue his biggest pain is standing and walking wearing shoes or bare feet

He was pushed to exercise & move regardless of pain now I don't want him to move for pain and aggravation.

Can anyone shed any light on to what lies ahead for him please? We would appreciate as much help as possible.

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.