Left leg suddenly becomes longer, discomfort on the left hip

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

About 5 months ago, after a day of manual work and physical effort, I sat down on the couch. When I got up from the couch and stood up, I noticed that my left leg had suddenly become longer. No pain, but some discomfort. I limped a bit during the first few days until I got used to the difference in leg length.

I think I should mention the following: For a few years now that I have been experiencing discomfort and hearing clicking noises on my left hip after long walks and while practicing gymnastics, respectively. Never had pain and the discomfort vanishes within hours.

The new status: Clicking noises are basically gone on the left leg, but started on the right leg...

Any diagnosis?

Regards,

Daniel

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Try to take a week or so off from physical activities. It could be that your over doing and your body is letting you know . Leg length difference is a action the body reacts to when the joint shows wear and tear , dislocation and accompanied with a great deal of pain. Leg length is naturally always different in both legs for everyone. When a hip joint is misaligned or fails presenting leg length issues the pain accompanying is extreme. I doubt it is a Joint failure in your case. Three hip joint replacements has been caused from osteoarthritis in my case and you sound like a young person and osteo is generally not the case at your age.

Clicking sound could be a tendon pushing/ pulling on another tendon or muscle or even bone creating the click. Rest and ice.

For every reaction to body strain is the action of discomfort or pain. If it continues to get worse then see a doctor.

Healing vibes sent your way.

• Edited

Thank you so far.

More details, in my situation, the Trendelenburg sign is negative.

Anyone else have got a diagnosis for me?

Regards,

Daniel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.