100mg sertraline over 5 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi - Ive been on 100mg for around 5 years - I was on a few different brands before then.  Recently my mood has dipped so low, I cant seem to think straight - not felt like this for a long time.  If I went to gp would they increase my dose? Ive not had any problems with my medication for many years and i dont want to 'open a can of worms' by going to gp about it - will this pass? many thanks x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I hope you do get passed it i get weeks were im fine then ive weeks were i feel like s**t i am also hoping it passes soon
  • Posted

Hi, im not a Dr by any means but I do know that it is possible to be on medication for as long as you have a build up a tolerance to the tablets. Also people do have bad days and even bad weeks after they have been on meds for a while, that’s just part of the journey I’m afraid. But if your Dr did want to up your dose then your side effects would not be near as bad as when you started, because you have it in your system already. Good luck Aimee 
  • Posted

Thank you - I'm just terrifed that I will end up like I was (which started me on the sertraline in the first place) 3 years of weekly early intervention meetings etc I just cant go back to that - fingers crossed this feeling passes (been like this for a month so far) x

• Posted

I totally understand where you are coming from, I will cross my fingers and say a prayer that you will be ok, keep me informed about how things work out Aimee and God Bless!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.