103 ha all the time

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had 2 ablation (over 1 year ago), now heart beat when resting and when up and about is 103 in ruthym. I am on metoprolol 25 mg 2 times a day as well as eliquis. My cardiologist has me on 400 mg potassium, plus I eat mostly greens/little carbs.last week my resting hr was 77, now seems stuck in overdrive. Has anyone experienced this? Any recommendations to get back to hr77?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I get this quite frequently. My heart rate goes up to 140 regular. I find that walking helps to bring it down.
  • Posted

I get issues with triggers; especially caffeine which hides in chocolate, and various sodas etc.

o

• Posted

Thanks for the response, I'm going to really check out the caffeine and chocolate.

• Posted

Tell you're Cardiologist its causing you anxiety and ruining you're quality of life. Hopefully he'll have seen this in other patients before and will adjust you're medication or suggest something different?.

• Posted

I don't know if it was a fluke, but my mom's hr came down pretty quickly one evening  when I had her fill up on Gatorade (and gave her a banana). She was dehydrated and even though she swore she wasn't thirsty, it really did seem to do the trick. She is on furosemide, so it's always a delicate balance.

• Posted

Thanks for the response, going to fill up with more water, possibly gatorade!
    • Posted

Best of luck to you. Sometimes, when I watch my hr on a treadmill or stationary bike, I try to imagine what it's lke to always have a hr that fast. Must be exhausting. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.