10cm ovarian cyst what should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Went to urgent care 10 days ago after passing out from pain.  One cyst ruptured, but they found another 10x9x7cm one.  80% fluid filled and 20% “complex”.  Still in considerable pain all the time (4-5/10) with occasional worse bouts, can’t find a comfortable position at all, nauseated and dizzy.  gny said I could have surgery or wait it out.  I chose wait it out because I am so scared of surgery, but I’m not sure I can handle the constant pain for that much longer.  How long did it take for large cyst to start to shrink?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think you'd be better off with surgery. I'm currently waiting for surgery of a 12cm dermoid cyst that's still growing. I'm currently trying to lose weight so my surgery will be safe then I'll be having it removed asap. I'll be terrified but know I need it gone. I don't think large cysts do shrink but I could be wrong, personally I'd have it removed.

• Posted

I can't answer that question cause the cyst that i had on my right side had disappeared but the one i had on my left side kept enlarging so i had it removed with my ovary and tube and believe me i am not in pain anymore and its been 3 months ago i am doing fine u would have to ask your gyn doctor if it is going to shrink good luck i hope u get better

• Posted

I agree with all these people, get it removed while it is small if that's what they recommend.  Mine also wasn't going to stop growing and even weighing 33 lbs was continuing to grow until the morning of the surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.