10mg amitriptyline and palpitations

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I was given a course of 10mg/day to deal with nerve gut pain. After the 3rd week I began to get palpitations when exercising, which had never happened before. After happening again on the 2nd day I stopped taking the pills. This gave me a week of headaches which were manageable, however the palpitations have continued every time I cycle, walk up stairs and walk briskly. Two weeks since stopped and still an issue.

So question, anyone else experienced this?. Assumed that the palpitations would stop once the drug was out of my system but either: my short low dose is still circulating; the drug has messed up my heart system (hopefully only temporary); or it was just an amazing coincidence this all started when on amitriptyline.

Ken

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have the same issue. I was on it only 9-10 days. ended up in ER. 3 weeks still palpitations and high heart rate. did yours subside?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.