Skip to content

Amitriptyline

All discussions in this group

Next
  • patti90393 1

Try htp

I started on 10 mg a year ago for migraine. All ok! Then after 6 months, I started getting muscle fatigue I could hardly walk across the room. I realised my body needed more, so decided to stop now. It took a while, then a few months later my mum died, and my migraines were dreadful. My doctor

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • amanda59745 2

amitriptyline withdrawal

Hi all, i have tried unsuccessfully to withdrawal from amitriptyline twice.  every time i get down to 5mg i start with awful symptoms, bad headaches, nausea, belching, abdominal cramps, back ache and  my bowels get so upset they feel like they are swollen i get bloated have wind and abdomen feels

25 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kathy95326 2

Taking amatriptaline 10mg for migraines

Hello people I have just been prescribed amatriptaline 10mg for migraines, mine started around 16 years ago going through the change, I have never taken antidepressants or any other kind of medics but very concerned of the side effects especially the drowsiness as I work out at the gym slot have a

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jody 24821 2

Amitriptyline

Hi 've been on 15mg of amitriptyline for a couple of months now. I was wondering how you all are in the sun? I go to Cyprus in July and love th course I'd wear 50+ sun block. Thanks

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kyra67167 2

17 years old at 150 mg

Hi I'm a 17 year old girl and these threads are really freaking me out. I get a lott of tension headaches and occasional migraines so my doctor prescribed me at 150 mg, even asking if I wanted a higher dose which I declined bc I had such bad constipation due to the medicine. I'm looking at these

• clowny1 2

amitriptyline & weight gain

Hello, Ive been taking amitriptyline for about a year for chronic tension headaches and i'm convinced they have made me gain weight. I've always kept an eye on my weight and i know how it can vary from day to day, but i always remained 2lb's either side of my ideal weight. Since taking

120 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • diana 20840 1

Spinal stenosis and rls

I am kind of concerned with this medicine because it is of course a depression/mood stabilizer. I have enough physical problems I do not want to compound my problems by messing my brain chemistry up. I do suffer with pain everyday and even during my sleep. And even worse when both work on me at

• KazLed 2

Coming off after 3 months...my experience

Hey everyone, I just thought I would post my experience with Amitriptyline as I know others may look for information as I did. so I was prescribed 10mgs 3 months ago for sciatica pain, I knew nothing about the drug at the time.  first week seemed ok but didnt seem to be doing anything much, second

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Startotheright 2

Want to taper off amitriptyline

Hey first time posting. I have been on 50mg of amitriptyline for anxiety since December 2016! I have decided I would like to taper off as they haven't helped my anxiety and I feel like I have given them enough time. As I don't want to be on meds at all! I have committed to a healthy lifestyle and

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • patrick34872 2

Amitripiline Withdrawal symptoms

Hi,  I was taking 75/100mg of amitripiline for chronic pain.  (5 Yrs)  The pain has now disappeared & i came off amitripiline over 6 weeks.  After about 3 to 4 weeks, i am still waking up extremely early & having trouble going to sleep.  But the main thing that concerns me is, i have developed a

44 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • nikkiH 2

Sleep probs

Hi guys I stopped taking amitriptyline a week ago,i weaned myself off 150mg over 15 months,finished the last 10mg last week,sinve then i get up to wee a lot and cant exhaused now and not sure what to do!!! has anyone had similar experience on withdrawals Kind regr d's Nikki

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • helen182 1

Amitriptyline...use for sleep problems?

My mum was recently prescribed Amitriptyline by her GP. She told me it was to help her sleep, but I have looked up info about it, and it looks like an andtidepressant, that is also sometimes used for migraine. Q: does anyone else know of it being used for sleep problems? Does it help? What side effects,...

26 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • uktigger6 1

Withdrawal from amitryptaline

I have been on Amitryptaline for approximately 4 years at a dose of 35mg at night, for pain due to arthritis in my knee.  For some reason I decided to stop taking it a week or so back, as I hate taking tablets. All was ok for a couple of days and then I had the most awful headaches for a couple of

• Witsend 2

Amitriptyline and Sumatriptan

Hi I have recently been Prescribed Amitriptyline 10mg once a day. I forgot to ask the GP if I can continue to take my Sumatriptan (imigran) at the same time or if and when I need too. The Web seems to show mixed results as to if it is safe or not. Does anyone know if these two drugs are safe together?...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Tat 1

Does amitriptyline stop working?

The 1st time I was prescribed it I took 10mg, this made me feell relaxed but I couldn't switch my mind off and I was awake all night, I was then advised to increase this to 20mg and this did work, I slept really well and felt great but this only lasted for approx 2 weeks and then I found my body

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • russ89495 1

Diabetic 1 and Amitriptyline

As a diabetic 1 i don`t want to sleep too deaply as i may not wake up from a very low blood sugar. So I started on 10mg. of amitriptyline for some pain and mild insomnia.                   Wow!  if this is 10mg. I have no idea how people can use 50+ concetrations. I`m an a 84 yr. old male and this

• tracey93417 2

Weight gain on Amtriptyline

I have been taken amitriptyline for about 4 years for hormonal headaches migraines. I started on 10 mg and over the years and now on 150mgs, well stopped last night. My weight has been gradually going up over this time, and I have only realised it must be the medication I am 2 stone over weight

• reagan87878 1

Grandmother given Amitriptyline in Hospital

Hello, My Granny is currently in hospital and has been for 5 weeks.  A week ago the doctor started to give her 10mg of Amitripyline three times a day.  She became groggy, and started to sleep more.  They also were giving her morphine.  She was taken to ICU after going completely limp and

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Sheena737 2

Amitriptyline Fluid Retention & Dehydration

Just briefly, I've been on Amitriptyline since 1994 and I'm currently in the middle of a VERY slow process of reducing with the aim of finally getting rid of Amitriptyline for good (I attempted coming off about 7yrs ago and it was a disaster - I'm better informed this time so feeling confident). Anyway,...

• ecsuee 2
  • Jackie2016 2

Amitriptyline 10mg for headaches and anxiety please share

Hi, I am new to the forum. ​I have struggled for many years with health and general anxiety, i am at a ppoint now that I have to hold my hands up and admit I cant do this on my own anymore. ​I am on day 3 of taking the amitriptyline, i am scared every time i take it, what could happen. ​Please

22 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • sue08524 2

Given Amitrityline for burning mouth syndrome

i am feeling very nervous at the moment. I don't know anyone with burning mouth syndrome and have just started on this drug. I started 3 days ago on 10mg and then increased to 20mg. Apart from feeling groggy first thing in the morning I felt that my symptoms were slightly better until today when my

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Stevo100 1

Eye pain after discontinuing Amitriptaline

I've been taking 10mgs of amitrip for the last 2 months for sub coastal nearer pain. It worked really well and all the pain went. However I started to get pain in my eye socket which felt like pressure. The GP recommended stopping straight away and having an eye test, which I am awaiting . I'm very

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • joyceb 2

Been taking Amitriptyline for 2 weeks, side effects

Hello all.  I wonder if someone could tell me if the way I am feeling at the mo is normal when first taking these tabs or if I should be concerned.  I was prescribed 10 mg Amitriptyline some while ago for pain which was thought to be sciatica.  It is now discovered I have a bulging disc.  I started

31 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • rodney21135 1

Change of Amitriptyline brand?

I have been on Amitrityline for many years, and, it's been very effective too. I have lived without nerves/panic/depression for 2 years now. I picked up a new prescription just over a week ago, which is a a different brand/colour, and, ever sinse, I have been a bit nervous! Any thoughts?

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Sahliel 3

Amitriptyline cause depression?

Hi all! I was hoping if someone could help me and I'm sorry this is going to be a bit long so please bear with me. I'm having severe anxiety, lost 6lbs in one week which gave me more anxiety. My doctor prescribed me Amitriptyline at 10mg to help me sleep and hopefully give me appetites to gain

21 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • ang92995 1
  • Addie68 2

Amytriptyline and liver

I've been taking Amytriptyline 10mg for the past couple of months, when I can't sleep. I suffer from Anxiety and find it hard switch off. Can anyone tell me if it's toxic to the liver?

• jody 24821 2

Amitriptyline

Hi everyone I've been put on amitriptyline for nerve pain for bulging dehydrated lower disc and a bulging in my 've been on it for about 7 weeks and started on 5mg because I didn't want to take it but slowly I've gone up to 10mg and I'm feeling really tired and an aching head is this normal

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • desmond74976 3

Amitriptyline burning withdrawal

Hi everyone since I've come off amitriptyline which I was on for 6months I've been having burning like pain on left hand side of head. Has anyone had this. I went doc yesterday and he put me on duloxetine to help. Cheers any advice will be grateful

• dan48195 1

Can amitriptyline cause suicidal thoughts when used only for pain

Iv been diagnosed with crohns disease for a couple of years now and around 6 months ago I was prescribed amitriptyline by my consultant for the pain and sleepless nights After a couple of weeks of takeing 10mg I started getting suicidal thoughts really badly so contacted my ibd nurse who in return

9 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • stobb 1

Amitriptyline

I have been taking this drug 25mg for about 9 years now it makes me to sleep sometimes over sleep in the morning but I am afraid without it I can sleep and ailment will pick again what should I do?

• Sylviajean34 2

Amitriptylin

Hi I've been on Amitriptylin for 3 years now (25) mg for trapped nerve pain and arthritis. Last night my left side of my face was tingling then numb for a couple of hour's. Today my left side hip downwards is so painful I'm unable to put my weight on daughter as told me amitriptyline has

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • desmond74976 3
  • jean87388 2

Amitriptyline withdrawal symptoms

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has withdrawn from Amitriptyline with similar symptoms to me. Having taken just 10mg for many months I decided to withdraw, very slowly and eventually stopped completely about six weeks ago. All OK for a week but then I started having restless legs

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions