10mg amitryptaline

Posted , 6 users are following.

I took 10mg last night at 8pm for the first time.  Went to bed about 8.30pm but felt really spaced out for about 2 hours.  I presume I fell asleep but I dont know when or for how long. I know I was awake from 5am onwards. Its 10.30am now and I feel really groggy/tired.  Dont know if thats because I did not get much sleep or if it is the tablet still in my system.  Any comments on this would be really helpful. Thanks, Richard.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Richard

When you're taking an increased dosage of ami, or have started taking the drug for the first time, I've found that it can make you feel a bit spaced out before you go to sleep. If you didn't spend the night watching the hands on your clock, then it sounds like you did go to sleep. It's definitely possible that you still feel groggy because of the drug, but this should pass as your body gets used to it. The best advice is not to increase your dosage to 25mg (I remember that you've been prescribed 25 mg tablets?) until you've got used to the lower dose. I'd say not to go higher until you've been taking the 10mg for a week and increase then if all is well.

• Posted

Many thanks for your thoughts. I find it frustrating not knowing if my grogginess  now as I type is the lack of sleep or the drug. But as you say I probably got some sleep as I didnt see the clock until 5am. Maybe went to sleep somewhere between 10pm and midnight. I dont feel like I have had about 5 hours sleep though, if I did??
  • Posted

Hi Richard.  Seems like our first experience hasn't been a good one.  I took mine at 6.30pm by 9 totally out of it.  Didn't know what was going on felt awful.  Did sleep I'm sure but like you said you're not sure how long for.  Isn't it the weirdest experience, hallucinating or dreaming I don't know but some very strange things were happening.  Couldn't come to until 11.30 next day got up for breakfast and just couldn't keep eyes open.   Felt sick all day had vile taste in mouth.  Was out if it until about 10.00 pm.  Made a big decision not to take it again at the moment as need to be ok as husband having knee op. I do not want to feel like that ever again either.  My family said I was like a zombie.  Didn't take it next night but must've still had it in me sick and horrible taste hung around all day.  Today that has passed but getting some feelings of the silent migraine I've been told might have.  Oh god what do you do aye,  feel spaced out or suffer with the other probs?  I'm rambling on I'm sorry hope I'm not putting you off taking it.  Just frustrated want to feel like my old lively self.   What are you taking it for Richard? 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply,

I would just like to know if I slept and for how long. It's so frustrating

• Posted

When I first started on this, I too half of 25mg which is about 10mg. I fell a sleep about half hour after the medication. I fell deep sleep, I woke up in the morning a little dizzy and very tiered the first few days, I kept it at half tablet for few weeks and o crease I felt comfortable I started the whole tablet. I think it's the tablet that made you feel tiered, you should also drink plenty of water and may be start a morning run or some sort of activity to keep you energized. See how it works...

• Posted

You're very likely to feel groggy and slightly weird at first, which probably makes it impossible to say how long you slept. Stick at it and see how things go, and maybe try not to gauge how many hours sleep you've had, at this point. I know that's easier said than done!

• Posted

With me it took about a week before the grogginess in the morning wore off. Your body will tsart to get used to it and you should start feeling better in the morning
  • Posted

Also if you have to bump up to a higher dose you will probably have some grogginess then too. But when I went from 10mg to 20mg it only lasted a few days.Hang in there
    • Posted

I will try my best to hang in, You are a star, thank you.  Not sure if I can take the temazepam as well which I still have. It was what I was taking before the Ami
  • Posted

Hi Richard it can take a couple of weeks to to stop feeling groggy in the morning, i used to take it at 7 pm. x
    • Posted

Thanks Amanda. I am going to try 15mg tonight though because with 10mg and 10mg of Temazepam last night got no sleep, maybe an hour.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.