10mg to 20mg side effects?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been On 10mg cit for 3 weeks and it's done nothing my anxiety is still sky high I've been told to increase to 20mg but so scared of sideeffects as I'm already finding it difficult to cope I was wondering if anyone could tell me there experience and is it as bad as I'm imagining?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have been on cit for 6 weeks now & just starting to feel less anxious & panicky. They did put me up to 20mg but i felt much worse so Dr put me back down to 10mg. Hang in there things will get better im sure . 
  • Posted

It takes about 3 to 4 weeks for citalprom to work on 20mg 10 is nothing its only the start, try to take yo tablets before bed or 2 hours before bed.
  • Posted

I was on 10mg for nearly 3 weeks and was still feeling very rough with lots of side effects.  Upped my dose to 20mg and started feeling better at the same time, I think this was pure coincedence.  I was fine for a week/10 days and then had 5 days of feeling REALLY rough again and I've been feeling good for a week now and I'm thinking/hoping that this is it.   People say stick with it and it's REALLY hard to feel that it will work when you'd be quite happily hit by a bus.  All I can say is that for me (and for the majority of people it seems) sometime between 3 to 4 weeks it starts to get better but can take longer.  As other people have said, probably hang in there and try and just think you are one day closer.  At the moment you'll just be thinking all the time about how you're feeling.  One day you'll notice that you're not doing that so much and then in a few days you'll not be really thinking about how you feel at all as you're a lot better. 
    • Posted

Well I've felt horrendous allday really wierd Spinny heas chest all fluttery sweats no appetite I'm really struggling badly feel like I'm never guna feel normal again sad
    • Posted

Thanx that was helpful I just feel a mental mess at moment and it's taking its toll on my husband and children I just want my life bk, do u know what causes ur anxiety coz I don't I just worry about how I'm feeling sad
    • Posted

Can be any number of things sets it off. I had lots of worries as was going in hospital for op really scared. Then after all over started with this anxiety panic attacks & sleepless nights. It was awful. After 6 weeks on tabs i am feeling much better. Bad first two weeks . But now feeling more my old self. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.