10th day

Posted , 13 users are following.

Good morning lovelies, well this is my 10th day after op. Is it normal to still be in such discomfort. Swellings gone down quite a bit today, yesterday I thought my skin was going to burst.  I think I just need reassurance that I'm not the only one who's finding this whole thing very painful and slow. I suffer with anxiety so nausea has been a big problem for me, also I've always been a keep fit freak and not being able to do the thing that makes me feel good are taking its toll. 💝

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh Julia I know some of what you are feeling. My op was on 12th so am only a few days ahead of you. I am really surprised at how painful it's been. Have been in tears some days through either pain or just sheer frustration. At times I have wondered whether it was worth having it done, but then I remember that the pain would only have got worse and me more disabled if I hadn't had it done. I can hona

estly say I turned a corner on Friday ( day 15) and it's been a bit less painful and swelling has how reduced so I can make out my kneecap again! 

Sleeping on back - yes that's difficult and I just use loads of pillows everywhere. I went to see my go about the pain and she prescribed oxycodon even and this helps in between the regular tramadol and paracetamol.. Don't be scared to ask for something stronger. i am usually busy / active too ( am a nurse) so yes it's difficult being so dependant on others isn't it ? Frozen peas are wonderful and I am lying down with a pack on my wound as I write this ! 

• Posted

Hello chick, thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I agree with everything you have said. It's good to know that the feelings I am having are normal. The emotion pain and frustrations appear to be typical for this op. I also have questioned whether I should have had the op, but your right, it would have only got worse and who knows what kind of pain we would have had to endure. I'm using the ice at night, feels like your skin is stretched so tight it's going to burst, not a good feeling. Thanks again for your reassurance. With the help of all the kind people on this forum, we will all find recovery that much more bearable. Take care, love and luck. Xx
  • Posted

Elevation, ice and pain killers are your friends! Were you given exercises to do daily? This might help you to feel like you are advancing in your recovery. I was in no way prepared for the pain following this procedure. I have had many emotional days and will probably have many more. All I can say is hang in there and don't try to rush things. You will feel better soon!
    • Posted

Hello chick, thank you for taking the time to reassure me, so appreciated. I've been blown away by the kindness of people on this forum, it's been a godsend. 11th day today and I managed to walk with one crutch freeing up a hand to carry my phone from room to room. I also wasn't prepared for the pain and discomfort the op would cause. The crying is due to sheer frustration at not being able to do the simple things we take for granted. I hope you go from strength to strength in your recovery. Thanks again for your kindness. Love and luck. 💝
    • Posted

The first time I took a shower at home, my husband had to stay in the bathroom with me. I was in so much pain, sitting on my newly acquired shower chair, I just hung my head and bawled my eyes out. It does get better. Try carrying your stuff in pockets or a knapsack. Better to be steady on your feet. I sent you a PM. 😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.