10th weeks post-op for Revision rotator cuff repair !!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, 

This is my 10th weeks post op for revision surgery for supertanus (Partial thickness) repair. And I am feeling worse pain than previous surgery. I feel deep pain on the shoulder and it feels very stabbing pain on the joint sometimes. Strength is so bad that I can only lift my arm around 45 degree (flex)  And I can’t even peel the banana and can’t lift a cup of coffe. I don’t do anything because of the fear of having another problem again and have been very protective. the pain goes up to back of the neck and upper trap muscle. Also, bicep muscle becomes tender and the Palm is warmer that I get sweat. icing doesn’t help at all when it is pain it rather makes the shoulder stiff. I am seeing PT next week after 3 weeks. however, the Surgeon is  pretty confident that I will get full movement and strengthe as I am 31 yo,so does the PT. But, since I am having these issues I have started to get worried. Has anyone had revision surgery and got through this , as well as doing okay ? should I be asking for another Scans (X-ray or MRI) to make sure everything is okay ? I am trying to be positive and have patience but sometimes it is frustrating that many thoughts comes in my mind.  

Thank you all and your opinions and experiences would appreciated 🙏🙏🙏

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello- I suppose Ill chime in. I believe at only 10 weeks, you probably are where I was at 10 weeks. I assume you are not in your immobilizer any longer? I remember finally taking it off at 7 weeks and feeling such pain. Its most likely from not moving it for weeks. The PT should help you. Also ask your Dr if you can start taking IBprofin ( a anti inflammatory med) I also want to remind you if PT hurts, they are not doing it correctly and can actually make things worse. If your Dr says you will be better..trust him/her. I think also ICE ICE ICE..I iced 3 x a day for months after surgery. Oh and the coffee cup thing? I was the same..I had no strength.

Now at about 8 months Post Op..Ive stopped PT and am totally pain free. Hoping for the best for you and good luck!

• Posted

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I was out of sling after 7 weeks too and had a bit of issues with the sleep (I used to wake up in the middle of the night with pain and had to adjust the position) but these not so much. I have been to PT for only twice so far and doing the prescribed exercises at home. I have started going to Pool as well(again surgeon asked me to get in) sometimes there’s so much pain in front of my shoulder that I can’t even swing (natural) when I am walking. and of course I have been icing too ever since the surgery, and what I don’t understand is, not helping with the pain after it is iced. Seeing surgeon after 4 weeks and I am so frustrated with the outcomes so far. Feels like going to see a General Physian and ask for the MRI or something like that but they always say wait until the Surgeons appointment.  Well, it is what it is.  seeing PT next Tuesday and hopefully he will guide to  something better. 

Good day !! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.