10yr old girl with swollen lymph nodes in abdomen and pain for 6 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

My 10yr old daughter has been in pain everyday for 6 weeks. She has swollen lymph nodes in her abdomen and has constant abdominal pain. The pain is worse at night and in the mornings. The pain is mainly in her lower abdomen but sometimes radiates up the sides of her abdomen. She also has pain in her back and sometimes her hips and legs. She is more tired than usual and has been taking naps. She still eats but not as much at each meal. She looks pale a lot and sometimes has a rash on her face, chest and upper back. She has had numerous urine, blood tests and stool samples done. Dr's say all are normal. They have tried her in manydifferent medicines for her gut but none have helped with the pain. Zofran does help with her nausea tho. She's nauseous everyday. She has an endoscopy and colonoscopy scheduled for about a wk and a half away at a children's hospital. The g.i. there said maybe chrons or colitis but since she has no blood in her stool that lessens the chance of those being the culprit. I'm going crazy watching my daughter in pain everyday and feeling so helpless especially since the Dr's haven't figured it out. Has anyone been through anything similar?? If you have any advice please reply! I just need to know what we could be dealing with??!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Doctor can tell best what your daughter is dealing with. However, the pain suggests that something is goin on in her abdomen, which can be anything from IBS to tumor and colonoscopy and edoscopy you have scheduled will tell that. 

Meanwhile just try some soothing probiotic drinks for her.

• Posted

Thank you for replying and the advice. Do you really think she would be in constant pain for a month and a half with ibs?
    • Posted

yes, IBS with some infections causing swollen lymph nodes can be painful
    • Posted

Ok thank you! She just called me in her room and said her throat feels thick and it's hard to swallow and weird feeling. Ugh this is a nightmare!

• Posted

Ok thank you! She just called me in her room and said her throat feels thick and it's hard to swallow and weird feeling. Ugh this is a nightmare!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.