Skip to content

Lymphadenopathy

Also known as Cervical Lymphadenopathy, Swollen Lymph Glands

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • 4 year old with swollen lymph node 8+ months

Hey Everyone, this is my first post so please bear with me while I try to figure out what type of info should be included. I have a 4 year old son, Eli. Last fall I noticed he had a swollen lymph node on the right side of his neck. He is in daycare and had started getting frequent colds, so I chalked...

Posted
  • swollen lymph nodes behind ear and jaw?

Had my tonsils out last year and have had glandular fever for almost 3 years now. Started getting better after tonsils came out but now suffering from swollen lymph nodes for no reason? Under jaw and behind ear? Very painful and not aware of any throat/ear infections? Anyone else suffering?

Last reply
  • Referred to urgent haematology appointment for suspected NHL

Hey guys I’m 22 and a student.  Unfortunately I became really ill 2 weeks ago whilst abroad as my tonsils enlarged to the point where it was affecting my breathing. Later that day I was diagnosed with pharyngitis and viral meningitis. I had a lumbar puncture done 6 times which caused further...

Last reply
  • Lymph nodes need opinions

Hello, I’m not that worried but I still have to be sure. Around a month and a half ago I had gotten a sore throat that lasted over a week. I got antibiotics which I used for a week. Went back to the doctor who felt my nodes and said that if they didn’t go down within a month to come back. A few days...

Last reply
  • Neck nodules

Hello, I have little nodules in the neck (>0.5cm) one supraclavicular two barely touchable two under the chin and one in the retromandibular region I have got them for at least 5 years or more they do not grow and I feel very well (no night sweats no weight loss etc) but starting when I entered medical...

Last reply
  • Never ending tests with NO answers

22 yr old female with already established graves disease. 10 months ago I noticed a hard lump in my neck that I was concerned about since it was painless and about 3 cm. I was regularly exercising and eating healthy and also started to notice gradual muscle weakness regardless of the excessive or amount...

Posted
  • Plase Help me. Sick for 7 months.

I would really appreciate some advice. I fell sick around Mid October 2017, I was absoloutely fine and the next day I was completely bed ridden with a fever, chills and swollen glands. This also happened in February 2017. The home doctor doctor diagnosed it is Pharygitis. I began to feel a little better...

Last reply
  • Large painful lump on base of neck/collar bone

I have a swollen painful lump where my neck meets the right side of my collar bone. I have always had a very tiny hard lump at this spot, that I could pick up and move and was not painful. (It was probably just about a half cm normally) I had noticed that bump probably atleast a year ago but it never...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph nodes and acne?

Hi everyone, I've had these swollen lymph nodes (one on the side of my neck, 2 under my chin, and one on the left side of my jaw) for months now. They are pretty small, movable and soft, I haven't been experiencing any other symptoms whatsoever and I went to the doctor to get it checked out and...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph nodes for 7-8 years

Hello, I'm a 22 year old male and as the title says I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck and armpits for almost 8 years. It started when I was around 15 years old with a one or two nodes getting swollen in my neck. The GP said it was nothing so I haven't paid any more attention to them....

Last reply
  • Any help appreciated

Hi everyone. I am a healthy 25 year old male. About 2 weeks back, I noticed a half-marble sized lump about an inch under my left ear. It felt like a bug bite, so I didn't think much of it. It was not painful at the time. Now, the lump seems more noticeable, maybe because I'm thinking about it...

Last reply
  • Enlarged lymph nodes (maybe normal)

Hello, I have a lot of palpable lymph nodes all over my body and I would like to know if these are normal. I have like 2 lymph nodes in submandibular area, 1 in submental area, 4 lymph nodes in neck (2 on one side and 2 on another), 2 under ears (one under left and one under right ear) and 4 in groin...

Last reply
  • Lymph nodes in head/neck - health anxiety!

I've had 4 swollen lymph nodes appear in 4 months, 2 behind my left ear, 1 on back of my right neck, one under my right chin. I had an MRI done on the first bump behind my ear, and I have seen my reg Dr, ENT and dermo - they all think it is skin related (my bad dandruff or acne causing the nodes...

Posted
  • Health Anxiety enlarged lymph node

I know may people post about this but honestly my health anxiety has been so bad since I found a lump in my neck. I have seen 2 doctors and they both say it is an enlarged lymph node and 1cm or less. I don't have any other symptoms apart from occasional chest pain (not severe - haven't seen...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph nodes for 6 months, help?????!

Okay so around may I had this strange feeling like something was stuck in my throat. Saw my ent who put the camera down my nose and said it all was good. Well this was right at the beginning of May. I developed what felt like several swollen lymph to me. One behind my ear which feels kind of hard and...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph nodes/glands under arm?

I'm 18 years old, and I remember when I was quite a bit younger noticing this recurring little lump under my arm (in my armpit). Anyway, it didn't bother me for a few years, and then all of a sudden in December I got a shooting pain under my arm when I lifted it a certain way. I felt under my...

Last reply
  • Hi!

2 week back I suffered from pharyngitis that caused my lymph node enlargement on the left side of the neck after medication it had decrease but later I developed bronchitis, the size of lymph node is decreased , but I can still palpate it,  And I have severe urge to touch it again. Will it be the...

Last reply
  • When does lymph classify as swollen and when should i worry ?

Hi guys, I noticed some lumps and i researched seems like its lymph nodes in those areas, i have it in my upper neck/under chin close to neck and felt another one in groin area on right side [I thought they are just Varicose veins in my groin but seems like its in exact place where lymph nodes are. They...

Last reply
  • Swollen Lymph Nodes for 4+ Months

I am hoping someone can give me some insight into this ongoing health issue I seem to be having. In February 2016 I noticed slightly enlarged lypmh nodes in my neck - I scheduled an appt with my GP and after my appt with her, she acknowledged my nodes were slightly enlarged, but not of concern, so she...

Last reply
  • Lymph Nodes concern

For a while now the lymph nodes in my armpits have been burning and painful on an off. They're not constantly burning burning, but it hurts when they do. Recently they also hurt near my leg. Shoulde I be concerned?

Last reply
  • I feel unhealthy. (Fear of cancer.)

Around a young age (7-15), I don’t really like to eat vegetables nor fruits. At rare times I do, but it isn’t much. In 6th grade is when I develop hair loss. I ignored it, because I was stupid enough to think it’s normal. Around summer 2017, the doctor said I have high cholesterol in my blood. So I eat...

Posted
  • 4 year old with Mesenteric adenitis

My daughter has been ill for pretty much 2 weeks now. It started with a cough and runny nose followed by sore throat ears and severe tummy pains. The whole house has not had a full night’s sleep for 2 weeks with even her sister playing nurse maid when she’s screaming the house down at 2am! She’s been...

Posted
  • Lymphoma? TERRIFIED

Hello, I am 19 years old turning 20 on Friday. I’ve been having symptoms for the past few years that I cannot seem to pinpoint and now it is pointing to lymphoma and I am really scared. About 3-4 years ago I noticed a swollen lymph node in my neck on the right side. It’s the size of a small grape but...

Last reply
  • Hard lymph nodes for years

Hi everyone, I am a 28 year old male. I first noticed I had 2 hard lymph nodes over 10 years ago when I was in high school. One is directly below my left ear and is less than a centimeter. The other is by my left clavicle and is about 1 cm. Back then I had bronchitis at least once a year and twice...

Last reply
  • Shoulder pain

I woke up last two nights when I would roll over on my left shoulder. I was in tears. I went to work today and almost could not reach things. I went to urgent Care where they found a possible cyst or tumor the size of my thumb 9mm across 11mm deep and 31 mm long......I lost it.....broke down and cried....

Posted
  • Small lump under chin, and few other symptoms

Hi all, So recently about month ago i noticed that i have some lump under my chin (i sort of think/remember that i had it long time ago too but not so sure] but i know i noticed it about month ago, its about pinky finger nail size /pea sized, its not circle/round its more like of sort of B shape (Only...

Last reply
  • I have a lump in my neck

Hi I’m hoping someone will be able to give me some answers. I’ve had a lump in my neck for at least 3 months now, I had blood tests which all came back normal. I went for an ultrasound today and the person who performed it said it is an enlarged lymph node, but I’m unsure of this as it moves up when...

Posted
  • Swelling in armpit- is it lymph nodes or something else

I have an unusual swelling in my armpit. The unusual part is that when I raise my arm it puffs out and goes down though after lowering my arm.  It is soft and I can feel fluid as if it is being squeezed out to the rest of my arm along the cord like swelling. Just wondering if this can be a lymphatic...

Posted
  • Pea size lump on right side of neck

Over 12yrs I had this lump on my neck worried a little never hurt. My Dr. told me nothing to be concern about only Visible when I tilt my head thinking about getting a ultrasound

Last reply
  • Persistent lymph node swelling, scared

Hi all,  I could really use some advice. I noticed some swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck last summer, including one (submental, I think) under my chin which is a really odd shape...long and thin, not bean shaped at all. I saw an ENT in November who chalked them up to sinus issues...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.