Skip to content

Lymphadenopathy

Also known as Cervical Lymphadenopathy, Swollen Lymph Glands

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Lymph nodes palpable

Hello, I’m 16 and realised that there was loads of tiny bumps on the side of my rib cage(axillary nodes). I know ur not meant to be able to feel them but I was curious that because I have a really low body fat percentage(5%) does that make it easier to feel nodes around my body and is that the reason...

Last reply
  • Hard submandular gland on one side of neck under jaw

About two months ago I noticed a hard submandular gland under my right jaw. Always wake up with it being rock hard during the day it will go down slightly then at night right back hard. Also been having a dry cough, clearing of the throat and bilateral ear pain off and on. I have been to the dentist...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph nodes in neck

Hi I was wondering if anyone has found their diagnosis from this? I am 21 and have been dealing with this for 3+ months. It started out with swollen tonsils very red. Doctor thought it was strep until it came back negative. My white blood cell count was higher than normal and no bacteria found. So they...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph nodes . Severe pain . Please help .

Please someone help!! I have had swollen lymph nodes for about 6 months now . The doctors thought I tested positive for mono but now are saying they think I had it in the past but do not have it now??? . I have severe pain in my neck from the swollen glands . My neck becomes so stiff I can't even...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph nodes for 6 months, help?????!

Okay so around may I had this strange feeling like something was stuck in my throat. Saw my ent who put the camera down my nose and said it all was good. Well this was right at the beginning of May. I developed what felt like several swollen lymph to me. One behind my ear which feels kind of hard and...

Last reply
  • Swollen Submandibular Lymph nodes

So, I have swollen bilateral Submandibular lymph nodes for about 1 month now. Doctor diagnosed pharyngitis. Didn't give me Ultrasonography. I did one on my own. At left side it says ' A well defined, hypoechoic, inhomogeneous solid area with central echogenic sinus and hillar vessel measuring...

Last reply
  • Swollen Lymph Nodes for 4+ Months

I am hoping someone can give me some insight into this ongoing health issue I seem to be having. In February 2016 I noticed slightly enlarged lypmh nodes in my neck - I scheduled an appt with my GP and after my appt with her, she acknowledged my nodes were slightly enlarged, but not of concern, so she...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph nodes for 7-8 years

Hello, I'm a 22 year old male and as the title says I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck and armpits for almost 8 years. It started when I was around 15 years old with a one or two nodes getting swollen in my neck. The GP said it was nothing so I haven't paid any more attention to them....

Last reply
  • Hard lymph nodes for years

Hi everyone, I am a 28 year old male. I first noticed I had 2 hard lymph nodes over 10 years ago when I was in high school. One is directly below my left ear and is less than a centimeter. The other is by my left clavicle and is about 1 cm. Back then I had bronchitis at least once a year and twice...

Last reply
  • Teen with non-visible lumps in neck for years.

Hi. I'm just a teen turning 17 this year. I have this lump under the right side of my neck that is only can be seen when I move my neck to the other side. I think this lump is already 3-4 years in my neck. I had this checked years ago and the doctor said it was fine. Recently, I discovered another...

Posted
  • Hard Swollen Lymph Nodes for years

I have this very foggy memory of when I first noticed a bump on the back of my head in the summer a couple years ago (not very sure how many years ago though). I showed my mom and she said it was nothing to worry about probably a cyst and said she'll call the doctor but never did. Last year while...

Last reply
  • Swollen Lymph Nodes

Hi, i've been worrying about my lymph nodes lately which appears on the left side of my neck which is located slightly above my collarbone (maybe 2 inches above my collarbone) and i've noticed that its a bit bigger than other lymph nodes, and i measured the lymph node myself and its about plus...

Last reply
  • HELP! 4 year old with swollen Lymph Nodes

She has 2 that are about cm big. Has had them for about 2 years. But every time I’d take her to GP she was sick so that would be “overlooked” but when she isn’t sick they are still there. Sometimes they swell and become HUGE ( size of a Vienna sausage ) but go back down in a matter of 24 hours this has...

Last reply
  • Swollen Lump in Bellybutton

Has anyone every experienced a swollen lump in their bellybutton? It’s pretty painless and larger than the size of a pea. I noticed it couple months ago and my husband is insistent on me getting it checked. I also have some painless, hard swollen nodes in my left groin region probably a little larger...

Last reply
  • Do I need to worry about these lymph nodes?

Hi my names chris I’m 16 and currently studying my GCSE’s. A few months back I noticed 2 lymph nodes that I could feel in my neck. One under my jaw and the under behind my neck just under my hair line (pretty sure it’s called an occitpal lynph node). I went to the doctors who ordered me for blood tests...

Last reply
  • I think I have hiv

Hey guys, I’m seriously having doubt that I have hiv. I have had sex with a sex worker one and a half month ago and I have  noticed pretty big bumps on my foreskin and some warts on my scrotum. It was so itchy and soon after my whole body was itching. I got some relief from using polysporin and...

Last reply
  • 3 cm neck lymph node, extreme fatigue, weakness... Anyone else?

Around 2 months ago, i noticed I had a lump in my throat. It came and went, so i thought it was nothing. Well lately it started becoming more noticeable when I would swallow or talk, so i called my doc. He didn't feel anything except "maybe an enlarged thyroid." So i went in for an ultrasound....

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph node

For about 3 months now I have had severe left ear pain and make a my face and neck feel swollen along with the ear. Been to doctor and ENT and they both said it was tmj. I was referred to a pain clinic Nd when she evaluated me ahe said it isn't tmj but I have some issues with my lymph nodes and...

Last reply
  • Lymph node behind right ear

Hi there,  A friend of mine has had a lymph node behind his right ear for about a year now. He describes it as painless, unmoving and rock hard. After a bit of concern he went to the doctors to have it looked at. They discovered to other lymph nodes around the groin area and was sent off for blood...

Last reply
  • Lymph nodes in neck and groin have been swollen for seven months.

If worth noting, I am a 23 year old male, 5'8 and around 130Ib. Two months ago an ultrasound on my neck and ct scan of my abdomen were performed. The ct scan showed no abnormalities while the ultrasound revealed the lymph node in my neck to be 2.3cm which did not seem to concern my docyor. At this...

Last reply
  • Different size tonsils, one with dangly lump, swollen lymph node

Hi all, I have had swollen tonsils for years after having tonsillitis a lot as a kid. A few months ago I noticed a swollen lymph node on my neck but no other problems. Recently a doctor said to me about my tonsils been large and one is bigger than the other. I also have a dangly little lump on one that...

Last reply
  • 4 year old with swollen lymph node 8+ months

Hey Everyone, this is my first post so please bear with me while I try to figure out what type of info should be included. I have a 4 year old son, Eli. Last fall I noticed he had a swollen lymph node on the right side of his neck. He is in daycare and had started getting frequent colds, so I chalked...

Last reply
  • swollen lymph nodes behind ear and jaw?

Had my tonsils out last year and have had glandular fever for almost 3 years now. Started getting better after tonsils came out but now suffering from swollen lymph nodes for no reason? Under jaw and behind ear? Very painful and not aware of any throat/ear infections? Anyone else suffering?

Last reply
  • Referred to urgent haematology appointment for suspected NHL

Hey guys I’m 22 and a student.  Unfortunately I became really ill 2 weeks ago whilst abroad as my tonsils enlarged to the point where it was affecting my breathing. Later that day I was diagnosed with pharyngitis and viral meningitis. I had a lumbar puncture done 6 times which caused further...

Last reply
  • Lymph nodes need opinions

Hello, I’m not that worried but I still have to be sure. Around a month and a half ago I had gotten a sore throat that lasted over a week. I got antibiotics which I used for a week. Went back to the doctor who felt my nodes and said that if they didn’t go down within a month to come back. A few days...

Last reply
  • Neck nodules

Hello, I have little nodules in the neck (>0.5cm) one supraclavicular two barely touchable two under the chin and one in the retromandibular region I have got them for at least 5 years or more they do not grow and I feel very well (no night sweats no weight loss etc) but starting when I entered medical...

Last reply
  • Never ending tests with NO answers

22 yr old female with already established graves disease. 10 months ago I noticed a hard lump in my neck that I was concerned about since it was painless and about 3 cm. I was regularly exercising and eating healthy and also started to notice gradual muscle weakness regardless of the excessive or amount...

Posted
  • Plase Help me. Sick for 7 months.

I would really appreciate some advice. I fell sick around Mid October 2017, I was absoloutely fine and the next day I was completely bed ridden with a fever, chills and swollen glands. This also happened in February 2017. The home doctor doctor diagnosed it is Pharygitis. I began to feel a little better...

Last reply
  • Large painful lump on base of neck/collar bone

I have a swollen painful lump where my neck meets the right side of my collar bone. I have always had a very tiny hard lump at this spot, that I could pick up and move and was not painful. (It was probably just about a half cm normally) I had noticed that bump probably atleast a year ago but it never...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph nodes and acne?

Hi everyone, I've had these swollen lymph nodes (one on the side of my neck, 2 under my chin, and one on the left side of my jaw) for months now. They are pretty small, movable and soft, I haven't been experiencing any other symptoms whatsoever and I went to the doctor to get it checked out and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.