Can inflammation cause swelling of lymph nodes?

Posted , 1 user is following.

good morning/evening, just thought I'd create a post to see if anyone can give me some insight on this topic.

I have recently discovered a lump underneath my armpit and have questioned whether it was the result of my recent activities or may be something more serious.

I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that the lymphatic system is responsible for the production of lymphocytes to help combat foreign microogranism that enter into the body but is it possible that swelling of the lymph nodes (specifically armpit) can be triggered via severe inflammation of the skin.

Or in this case is it more likely that there is slight tears/cuts on the skin that has allowed for foreign bodies to enter my system, triggering my immune response.

Symptoms have also been accompanied by an increase to body temperature but no feverish effect such as fatigue/lethargic symptoms have been felt. Leading me to question if it is an infection.

Context: Did about 2-3 hours straight of wreslting/bjj on soil/grass area without a shirt, causing irritation that still lasts 6 hours prior (burning sensation upon touch) as well a possible slight release of puss as shirt sticks to back a little bit.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.